Notices

Another SSAC/XSpower thread.. not what you think. Replacing turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another SSAC/XSpower thread.. not what you think. Replacing turbo?

So a buddy of mine got his crx side swiped last week (b16 swap, turbo, s300, etc) needed help and I had a shell that needed everything, long story short bought it, and as I was tearing into it yesterday noticed it has a xs power turbo (was under the impression it was garret, apparently it is rebuilt with a garret center section)

I am looking to replace the turbo, I am under the impression that it is the standard xs power turbo .50 trim t04e hybrid t3/t4 turbo that comes with all of their ebay kits.

Is their any reputable turbo manufacturer that has a turbo that will fit this footprint? (Did they copy off of someone?) AKA will just swap right in and out? I don't want to have to deal with redoing the down pipe, piping etc. ?
Old 10-26-2008, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another SSAC/XSpower thread.. not what you think. Replacing turbo? (ex96vtec)

Sorry for going a little off topic, but does it need replacing, or are you just doing it as a preemptive so it doesn't break down on you at an inopportune time? Just curious, 'cause I'd run that sucker (unless I was going to be needing a better reliability risk level for some reason). . . .
Old 10-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another SSAC/XSpower thread.. not what you think. Replacing turbo? (ex96vtec)

if it worked fine for him, why are you going to bother changing it right now? Just put it on and use the time you have to put together something nicer, then if/when it does go, you'll be ready.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Another SSAC/XSpower thread.. not what you think. Replacing turbo? (. a d a m)

I am swapping everything into a different vehicle. turbo has quite a bit of shaft play and I want to replace it before it goes into the other car. Originally was going to run it how it is, but would rather replace it while the motor and everything is out of the car.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unfortunatley the chinese didnt get it 100% right when they copied garretts 5 bolt housing so the downpipe will be slightly angling downward otherwise its physically the same as a garrett. all you might have to do is make a small adjustment to the downpipe where it goes under the pan

Modified by CoreyR at 11:29 PM 10/26/2008
Old 10-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another SSAC/XSpower thread.. not what you think. Replacing turbo? (CoreyR)

honestly id rebuild it with garrett internals again. Thats the most cost efficent way of whatyour trying to do. Wont have to refab and you still got your turbo thats cheap but alot better than it came from ching chang chong land. Alos 99% of those turbos are .57 trims, not .50
Old 10-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Another SSAC/XSpower thread.. not what you think. Replacing turbo? (1.5Slowmatic)

yeah, blast performance rebuilds them for like 300-350 with all Garrett stuff....do it.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Another SSAC/XSpower thread.. not what you think. Replacing turbo? (1.5Slowmatic)

Thanks for the responses guys. This looks like that's going to be the plan for the moment (rebuild with garrett internals) If I want to go bigger in the future would I just need to find a 5 bolt garrett? and be able to modify the downpipe?
Old 10-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another SSAC/XSpower thread.. not what you think. Replacing turbo? (CoreyR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CoreyR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">unfortunatley the chinese didnt get it 100% right when they copied garretts 5 bolt housing so the downpipe will be slightly angling downward otherwise its physically the same as a garrett. all you might have to do is make a small adjustment to the downpipe where it goes under the pan</TD></TR></TABLE>

Very true. My manifold and downpipe were made for a Garrett 57 trim and they did not fit my eBay 57 trim.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:02 PM
fjt
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another SSAC/XSpower thread.. not what you think. Replacing turbo? (93CX)

Bullseye T3/t04 e in either 57 trim or 50 trim should work.. The .55 A/R has a stainless steel turbine side and comes with the bolt patterns in the flange to accept either a 4 bolt or a 5 bolt exhast flange... Best of both flanges in one..

Here is a pic of the flange: