Notices

Another E-ghey manifold: SS autochrome, THE sh*t, or COMPLETE sh*t?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another E-ghey manifold: SS autochrome, THE sh*t, or COMPLETE sh*t?

its for SOHC motors, looks nice an all, but i wonder if itd hold up to anything? anyone have one? be willing to vouch for quality/crap and what gauge tubing?

here's a pic:
Old 11-24-2003, 04:32 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: Another E-ghey manifold: SS autochrome, THE sh*t, or COMPLETE sh*t? (Simple)

support the turbo off the block and it will work, with weight on the manifold it will crack, i have no weight on mine and havne't had a problem yet..
Old 11-24-2003, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Another E-ghey manifold: SS autochrome, THE sh*t, or COMPLETE sh*t? (Mpir3)

I have personally seen them fall apart on friends cars.
and stuff like this. some have good luck others dont. I wouldn't risk it though. **** always goes wrong for me.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=682766
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=658241
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=654771
Old 11-24-2003, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Another E-ghey manifold: SS autochrome, THE sh*t, or COMPLETE sh*t? (RenoRacing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RenoRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=658241
</TD></TR></TABLE>
My personal favorite
Old 11-24-2003, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Another E-ghey manifold: SS autochrome, THE sh*t, or COMPLETE sh*t? (slashDEVslashNULL)

yeah, that's a good one.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:19 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: Another E-ghey manifold: SS autochrome, THE sh*t, or COMPLETE sh*t? (RenoRacing)

You gotta be a fucktard to run one of these manifolds without supporting the turbo/wastegate that is the end of the story. The tubing is thin and will not hold up in high heat with a heavy turbo or wastegate pulling it down, eventually it will crack...If you take the weight off the manifold the problem is solved. Look at pics of some Drag cars that run insanely huge turbo's, alot of times they have supports for the turbo off the block, etc...
Old 11-25-2003, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another E-ghey manifold: SS autochrome, THE sh*t, or COMPLETE sh*t? (jz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont understand how this company is still in business. half of the manifolds they sell fall apart. i guess the dumbass people that keep buying them is what keeps them in business?</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol sounds possible
Old 11-25-2003, 03:39 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: Another E-ghey manifold: SS autochrome, THE sh*t, or COMPLETE sh*t? (CivicRyda2k)

&lt;-----Is one of the dumbass's keeping them in business
Old 11-25-2003, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another E-ghey manifold: SS autochrome, THE sh*t, or COMPLETE sh*t? (Mpir3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mpir3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">&lt;-----Is one of the dumbass's keeping them in business </TD></TR></TABLE>

yah but u were at least smart enough to brace it!
Old 11-25-2003, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mpir3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">&lt;-----Is one of the dumbass's keeping them in business </TD></TR></TABLE>

Me too... The other thing you need to do is run a FlexPipe in your downpipe... Thats another reason... this happens on many cars, not even turbo cars... if the motor flexes, then it causes stress at one point or another... A donut gasket is "okay" to a point, but I threw a flexpipe in for added support... I run a flexpipe on my b16 w/ that manifold, and my buddy runs a flexpipe with that manifold on a D series... Zero problems so far.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Another E-ghey manifold: SS autochrome, THE sh*t, or COMPLETE sh*t? (ScrapinSi)

where do you guy brace the turbo form? The housing? center section? or manifold?
Old 11-26-2003, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Another E-ghey manifold: SS autochrome, THE sh*t, or COMPLETE sh*t? (ScrapinSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ScrapinSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Me too... The other thing you need to do is run a FlexPipe in your downpipe... Thats another reason... this happens on many cars, not even turbo cars... if the motor flexes, then it causes stress at one point or another... A donut gasket is "okay" to a point, but I threw a flexpipe in for added support... I run a flexpipe on my b16 w/ that manifold, and my buddy runs a flexpipe with that manifold on a D series... Zero problems so far. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You NEVER got your car running, and mike ran his for like two weeks before putting it away for the winter. Stop giving advice to ANYONE, you are not qualified, and you give out BAD advice.

Also, greatest manifold evar!!!!!!!

Search *******. You think if there was a 200 dollar reliable manifold on ebay, this whole forum wouldn't be abuzz about it?
-PHiZ
Old 11-27-2003, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another E-ghey manifold: SS autochrome, THE sh*t, or COMPLETE sh*t? (PHiZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PHiZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You NEVER got your car running, and mike ran his for like two weeks before putting it away for the winter. Stop giving advice to ANYONE, you are not qualified, and you give out BAD advice.

Search *******. You think if there was a 200 dollar reliable manifold on ebay, this whole forum wouldn't be abuzz about it?
-PHiZ</TD></TR></TABLE>

flexpipes do help though
Old 11-27-2003, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another E-ghey manifold: SS autochrome, THE sh*t, or COMPLETE sh*t? (PHiZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PHiZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

-PHiZ</TD></TR></TABLE>

listen here you little bitch... My car was running for a little while... I have had problems, but then again, so do 99% of people with turbos... And mike drove his for well over a month with zero problems... Except of course the screwed up cold idle from whoever made his chip.

And if you want to get technical I have another friend in NH running this manifold on his 400whp b18b powered hatch, using a flexpipe, and one support from the compressor to the block...

Any RETARD can figure out that just by holding the turbo and manifold in your hand you say to yourself "With this weight and no support, how can it NOT crack!?!?" And then you put it on and you say "With no room for flex, and temps of 1300+ degrees, how could it NOT crack?"

You dont even know how to work on a ******* car. You were afraid to put the turbo on your car because you didnt think you would know how, so you sold it to mike. Then you went out and paid too much money for a car that already had a turbo on it... Then you went and paid to much to a hack shop to have a new downpipe put on... The only thing you know how to do is burn chips, and SUPPOSEDLY make harnesses... But yet you had to ask me all those questions, and Mike's harness looks an AWFUL lot like one from Boomslang...
Old 11-27-2003, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another E-ghey manifold: SS autochrome, THE sh*t, or COMPLETE sh*t? (slashDEVslashNULL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slashDEVslashNULL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
My personal favorite </TD></TR></TABLE>

That was me

Everyone loved that post... I still say they are two differnt manifolds!!! OBX

...Alright, j/k. Don't buy one