Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 04:36 AM
NLR
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ams-1000 ramp rates

Ramp rates are noted as PSI PER SECOND.

What does this mean?

It means that the controller will only apply X psi per second.

Example:

If you set your target pressure at 10 and use a ramp rate of 1 psi per second the controller will pulse 1 psi of air per second until it gets to 10 psi on the sensor. Essentially since it is only allowing 1 psi of air to be delivered to your control port per second it will take 10 seconds to acheive your target pressure.

If you used a ramp of 2 psi per second with a 10 psi target it will take 5 seconds to get to your target.

Easy was to see this is by the VIEW graph. It will show you predicted time it will take to reach your target. Make changes and view it for your self.

Question:
The controller does not reach full target in a stage, why?

Answer:

You may have such a slow ramp the the next stage comes in before the previous stage has made it to the target. Try speeding the ramp rate up.

You have 100 ramps per stage. Dont be afraid to make a big step. Ramps are another way to acheive target.

Example.

Target 40 psi in 1 stage. Ittakes you 8 seconds to run the quarter mile.
using a ramp of 5 will get you to full target in 8 seconds.

take your target pressure and divide it by the ramp= amount of time to reach your target.

Also there is NO DIFFERENCE between 0 and a 100 ramp. SOme have said there is a difference but they are wrong. Same code we just change what the user see's into a 0. We did this so you dont have to spend the time to go from lets say 20 to 100 if your sitting in the water box.

Hope this helps.
seb/NLR
Old 07-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ams-1000 ramp rates (NLR)

for a kickass boost controller!
Old 07-18-2006, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah you can't beat this boost controller.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboElements.com)

great boost controller. we just need more time to figure it all out.

what are you guys doin on yours ? gear based or time based ?? when do you activate yours ? when you are staging or before the burnout ?
Old 07-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dturbocivic)

i use time based. i activate it with my 2 step button. so when i start my burn out it goes through the program or whatever, but when i hit the 2 step button again at the tree, it reactivates the program from the start so when i let off the button it goes through the program start to finish down the track, if that makes any sense haha.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbo-charged)

using the time based. it has a "launch boost" right ? your idea seem like it would work, and less stuff for the driver to worry about, sometime my driver forget to flip the "activation switch" we are using gear based with micro switch's on the shifter.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dturbocivic)

i'd try it out time based and see how you like it. i forgot to turn the boost controller on one time....so now i ONLY turn it off when im making changes then just turn it right back on...even though you have to listen to the clicks hahaha

i want to put smaller springs in my wastegates and use CO2 but im just so broke right now. right now im set up to run XX psi in first gear untill right past the 1-2 shift....then start ramping the boost in. unfortunatly i havnt had the trans work with me since i set it up like that. on my 9.77 pass i ramped the boost in too soon and blew the tires off in 2nd.

on my dataloggs, the car does exactly what you tell it to do every single time...which i havnt found another boost controller out there that you can say the same thing about.

now i just need a bigger turbo!
Old 07-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbo-charged)

we want to try it out time based, but we first need to get a good "base pass" to set up the boost around. lol. i get no feed back..
Old 07-18-2006, 03:11 PM
NLR
Honda-Tech Member

drag racing you should be using time based control. Thanks guys Im glad you like it.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NLR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NLR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">drag racing you should be using time based control. Thanks guys Im glad you like it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for a bad *** product

ill be getting one of these for my car, if i could ever get up off my ***.