Notices

<ambient crank case breather = HP

Old 01-20-2007, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default <ambient crank case breather = HP

some time back I found a web site where a guy used a vacuum hose (if i remember correctly) to create a vacuum in the crank case which yielded about 5 to 7% increase in power on the dyno at high RPMs. One major problem with the setup is that too much vacuum caused oil to be sucked up. On the setup some kinda valve was used to control vacuum to keep within safe levels. In the end (before he posted his setup) he tested the reliability for about a year of daily driving with it.

Anyone see this site before?

Other then using a electric vacuum pump, how could this be integrated on a forced induction engine?

I don't plan on running this setup but I would love to see someone experiment with the idea thanks.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: <ambient crank case breather = HP (85)

before anyone posts crap about my spelling, yes I know i caught it
Old 01-20-2007, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honestly you are wasting your time trying to hook up a vacum pump to a forced induction honda... unless its a complete DRY SUMP system.... or possibly a slash cut style setup.... (which would suck the oil right out of the engine, if its not setup properly)

we have found that a single stage scavange section is not enough for a boosted honda. ours did infact pull vacum.... UNTIL we hit boost, the boost over rides the vacum, blows oil out from anywhere it can, blows the dip stick out, blows the relief valve up(in the vacum lines) fills the catch can COMPLETELY, which blows oil all over the firewalll, leaving it to drip/run underneath the car, coating the whole bottom, and finally, gettting caugh on the wheelie bar.... YES we have come back from a run with the wheelie bar DRIPPING OIL !!!!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: <ambient crank case breather = HP (dturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honestly you are wasting your time trying to hook up a vacum pump to a forced induction honda... unless its a complete DRY SUMP system.... or possibly a slash cut style setup.... (which would suck the oil right out of the engine, if its not setup properly)

we have found that a single stage scavange section is not enough for a boosted honda. ours did infact pull vacum.... UNTIL we hit boost, the boost over rides the vacum, blows oil out from anywhere it can, blows the dip stick out, blows the relief valve up(in the vacum lines) fills the catch can COMPLETELY, which blows oil all over the firewalll, leaving it to drip/run underneath the car, coating the whole bottom, and finally, gettting caugh on the wheelie bar.... YES we have come back from a run with the wheelie bar DRIPPING OIL !!!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

At what kind of power (hp/trq) levels does this start happening? What route would you suggest instead?
Old 01-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: <ambient crank case breather = HP (Blaze45)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1868950
Old 01-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1868950</TD></TR></TABLE>

i tried clicking on that but it says invalid user name or password. ???
Old 01-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well its on this 1st page in FI forum.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well its on this 1st page in FI forum.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i got it thanks. one of those setups seems like a little over kill for a catch can but whatever why not.