Notices

the amazing exhaustless turbocharger!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 10:14 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default the amazing exhaustless turbocharger!

ok, first don't ask me how I found this but I just happened to click it anyway and well...maybe I'm blind or something but um...looks to be an interesting way to get exhaust flow to the turbo from the manifold

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...99721

is it me or is there NO outlet on that manifold and the turbo housing is just welded to it?? I swear that looks like the exhaust housing adapter at the BOTTOM of the turbo...
Old 11-04-2003, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: the amazing exhaustless turbocharger! (stackz)

HAHAHAHAHA

That is too farking funny. Its gunna be interesting when they try to turn the engine over.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: the amazing exhaustless turbocharger! (mopar junkie)

looks like some fake azz turbo set up for people that dont have enought money for a real turbo. so when you pop your hood people will think u have turbo. kinda like those people out there that buy the box that makes BOV sounds even if you have no turbo.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: the amazing exhaustless turbocharger! (mopar junkie)

what the nutty **** is this... LOL... damn is the new stage 5 ghettocharger.

"Buick GN Turbo (.63/.60) already welded onto front manifold"...
Old 11-04-2003, 10:30 AM

Default Re: the amazing exhaustless turbocharger! (twkdCD595)

Ok, I *think* maybe the exaust gases to spool the turbo are suppose to come from the other bank of the v6 (if it is a v6) and its just welded to the front bank for mounting purposes.

But.....doesn't that front bank manifold look like there is no where for the exaust gas to go???? Sooooooo weird.

Whats a PGT anyway? Peugot?

Good find.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: the amazing exhaustless turbocharger! (stackz)

how do u report that to ebay? help a poor soul out, who might just bid on that
Old 11-04-2003, 10:35 AM

Probe GT with V6.. Exhaust comes from other manifold -- this is just where the turbo is mounted.. Kind of common for them.. I had my turbo mounted in the front driver side where the battery would reside (opposite most hondas).. You really only need the exhaust from one side because you have a collector down below where they meet... Hard to understand unless you see it on the car..

http://www.probetalk.com and then click the forced industion forum if your interested..
Old 11-04-2003, 10:35 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: the amazing exhaustless turbocharger! (hybridcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, I *think* maybe the exaust gases to spool the turbo are suppose to come from the other bank of the v6 (if it is a v6) and its just welded to the front bank for mounting purposes.

But.....doesn't that front bank manifold look like there is no where for the exaust gas to go???? Sooooooo weird.

Whats a PGT anyway? Peugot?

Good find.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no, it's a probe GT...it's a v6 but the whole reason I pointed it all out is it looks like there's absolutely no outlet on the the turbo manifold and the turbo is welded on backwards

as for reporting it to ebay just do a search under the site map...it's on there somewhere

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Probe GT with V6.. Exhaust comes from other manifold -- this is just where the turbo is mounted.. Kind of common for them..</TD></TR></TABLE>

um sure the other bank will be able to exhaust...but not the one with the turbo attached...there's no outlet
Old 11-04-2003, 10:55 AM

Looks like there might be an outlet on the bottom right behind the turbo.. Its probably legit your just not seeing something.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Overblown-Teg)

yeah, its a strange pic... but you can see the feed tube (dark) behind and to the right...
and then the down pipe would go where that gray "clump" is... on the left side of the turbo.
(i dont know what that "clump" is, but its located behind the whole assembly...)
Old 11-04-2003, 12:28 PM

Guys, think about things for a minute.

The manifold is just mounted to the turbo to hold it up, that's not where the exhaust gasses go in.

Both banks of the motor have to merge together before the exhaust can enter the turbo. The turbine housing is clocked so that the inlet is on the bottom, and the outlet is on the size like normal.

Duh.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kpt4321)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kpt4321 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Guys, think about things for a minute.

The manifold is just mounted to the turbo to hold it up, that's not where the exhaust gasses go in.

Both banks of the motor have to merge together before the exhaust can enter the turbo. The turbine housing is clocked so that the inlet is on the bottom, and the outlet is on the size like normal.

Duh.</TD></TR></TABLE>

okay, yes, but where does the exhaust come out of the manfold that the turbo is welded to? It must LEAVE the mani before it can join w/ the other side.

-Dustin
Old 11-04-2003, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (krustindumm)

i dont think the pics do that kit justice and you guys are just too quick to flame. If they know enough to piece together a turbo kit then they know that a turbo runs off exhaust.

I am suprised though why the one manifold has no exit whatsoever.

the two manifolds HAVE to merge so the wastegate can bleed off the proper amount of exhaust gases.

Unless you have twin turbos in which case you would need 2 wastegates... But only having one manifold out of 2 manifolds powering the turbo is just stupid. Maybe its just an incomplete kit
Old 11-04-2003, 01:16 PM
Stu
New User

Isn't it obvious that the picture is just of poor quality? I have an idea, instead of being a bunch of pussies and narcing on them, why doesn't someone e-mail them and ask for a better picture? I'm sure they'd appreciate knowing how shitty their picture is.