Notices

Altenator gone bad or Boost problem?.. help me out...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Altenator gone bad or Boost problem?.. help me out...

heres my set up:

hondata s200B, b18c1, maxrev turbo kit, 550ccs, boosting only .3 bar max.

anyway my car's been running fine until this morning. im not sure if its a boost issue, and im hoping it's not. im also not sure if i need a new altenator, im hoping if anything that's the case.

anyway, im just driving to work, NOT even boostin. and when i did boost a lil just to pass and change lane the car was fine. so i was sitting at a light and then the car dies, i didnt realize it until i see my indicator lights showing up. ONLY the battery indicator lit up, not once did the CEL light up. i started her back up, runs fine until im off the gas. if i try to idle, she just dies. voltage doesnt drop below 12volts, but if i rev it will be at about maybe 13volts, and let off the gas it drops a lil lower.

from what my apexi turbo timer says, when i blip the throttle it will bounce back from being real rich to real lean. i dont know how accurate it is, but i assume this is normal. could it be that my injectors are flooding the motor and causing it to shut down? i tried parking and letting it sit while i start it, the motor then idles, but if i blip the gas, it would go up and dip down so low it shuts off again. ill check my plugs later today. this is yet to be tuned, i only got the basemap last week. is there anything i can check to see if it is the altenator. i searched on this, but there's barely any threads on it. thanks guys, appreciate it.

krazy