Notices

Alright turbo is up and running. Here are the promised pics. (sorry to delay) (stock D16z6 sol w/T

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright turbo is up and running. Here are the promised pics. (sorry to delay) (stock D16z6 sol w/T

Gotta thank Matt for hosting and taking these pics/vid for me. There's a 15 sec vid here too. We didn't push it cuz the neighbors yelled at us the night before for going too fast. "This isn't a race track "
Also I turned around the IC, so no more blood red
Day 1. Started first try...
So far NO CODES on the AFC hack. have boosted to 1psi only and cant go higher. Trouble shooting is taking place

(charge pipe)

(front shot...lookin like ****, just the way i like it no blood red IC tho )

(gauges and VAFC OHHHHH it's pretty! My view in the cockpit)

(450cc injectors)

(my air filter) (****** works great !)

(resistor box installed zip tied to throttle cable bracket )

(return line, 1st ange)

(return line, 2nd angle)

(feed line)

(overall engine bay)

(another shot)

(right side charge pipe)

http://www.uwm.edu/~mdwarren/D...r.MPG
(MY FIRST VID)!!!!! (it's short) (right click and save PLEASE) (Someone else is hosting )

Well thanks too.
Paul Vang Oil lines, GET UR LINES FROM HIM!!! Great seller!

Havok racing manifold
Matt for hosting, vid, and pics
Dan for vid (which should be up tomorrow) (reason we got yelled at)
Brother giving some compliments
Bseries ACT flywheel soon to be installed

This car Starts, Idles and runs LIKE STOCK!!! it's amazing. It started 1st try!

THe reason i say this...I've only gotten to 1 friggin psi. In first gear I cant get boost! (only taken it to about 5.5 or 6)

Is my piping too long?
Wastegate problem?
MAP problem?
Exhaust housing is a little cracked on the inside i believe but i've had 4 turbos and 3 have had this problem. My other T3 is too. Could this be why???
Vacum line?

I was running RIGHT off the O2 housing. (no downpipe)

My settings are about 33% 1-2.5 and 35 the rest. I even went as high as 40% across!! still no boost and no power up top

My low end is great though.

Any thoughts?

Modified by racinskittle at 5:10 AM 9/29/2003

Modified by racinskittle at 6:48 AM 9/29/2003
Old 09-28-2003, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Alright turbo is up and running. Here are the promised pics. (sorry to delay) (stock D16z6 sol

Looks good man! Cant beat a good ole' fashioned homemade turbo kit! I'd try your fueling for the not boosting issue. Is it like it doesn't want to rev any higher or does it rev and just not boost? I had similar issues upon first startup w/ 440 injectors trying to rev and it would just stay at around 4500 no matter how much pedal i gave it.
good luck on the trouble shooting!
Make sure the wastegate is functioning too. (flapper not open)
Old 09-28-2003, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Alright turbo is up and running. Here are the promised pics. (sorry to delay) (stock D16z6 sol

youd be surprised how shitty that rag works as a filter. Thats why you have no boost
Old 09-28-2003, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RenoRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks good man! Cant beat a good ole' fashioned homemade turbo kit! I'd try your fueling for the not boosting issue. Is it like it doesn't want to rev any higher or does it rev and just not boost? I had similar issues upon first startup w/ 440 injectors trying to rev and it would just stay at around 4500 no matter how much pedal i gave it.
good luck on the trouble shooting!
Make sure the wastegate is functioning too. (flapper not open)</TD></TR></TABLE>

YEAH! EXACTLY I gave it pedal and it wont go past 5K hardly
I have stock fuel pump right now, think i should install the walbro?

Modified by racinskittle at 4:57 AM 9/29/2003
Old 09-28-2003, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its because of your rag. A million people had that problem. TAKE THE RAG OFF.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnyquest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its because of your rag. A million people had that problem. TAKE THE RAG OFF.</TD></TR></TABLE>

HOLY ****, someone just told me this on the other forum too!!!! he said it dropped him 4 ****** PSI. LOL I thought I was the only one that was that stupid!
Old 09-28-2003, 08:39 PM

That rag looked so sweet. Take it off now plus with out it you wont have to worry about it getting sucked in by that massive turbo.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

creat a leak tester. its like 10 bucks to build and it will allow u to test your charge pipes and see if u can hold anything over 1psi. found about 8 leaks in my origanal setup and with this tester i was able to find and fix them.

1 2" rubber connector.
1 pvc screwin end cap.
1 thread in vacume tap.
vac hose the correct size.
1 male to male vac connection to connect vac hose to compressor.
and 2 rubber connector clamps.

and u made a boost tester.

attatch this device to your charge pipe right where the turbo connects at, and as u fill the pipes watch your boost gauge, try and get your system to hold 15psi.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have one but I couldn't figure out how to cover up the opposite end. How'd u do it?
Old 09-30-2003, 08:03 PM

Will hopefully have video up by tomorrow or Thursday when I receive the edited version and find some where to host the video. Its 7.7mb
Old 09-30-2003, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wish I was the first one, but...TAKE OFF THE RAG!!! You should be grateful you haven't sucked it in and ruined your turbo, yet! If you take that off, I bet you'll boost.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ion_four &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wish I was the first one, but...TAKE OFF THE RAG!!! You should be grateful you haven't sucked it in and ruined your turbo, yet! If you take that off, I bet you'll boost. </TD></TR></TABLE>

THanks! you wouldnt believe how reasurring it is to hear this.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:24 AM

Yea prolly why it looked like it was getting sucked in after looking at.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think you are going to have a problem with this. something is going to give...i think its to long. when your car bounces around, the fitting will put stress on the block
Old 10-01-2003, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks good
Old 10-01-2003, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you run over some kid in the last picture?
Old 10-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What size turbo is that? It sounds like you have an exhaust leak in the video. ? Maybe that's why you can only pull 1 PSI?
Old 10-01-2003, 06:03 PM

I'm Also throwing 1 PSI hehehe but my problem is because the turbo to the manifold gasket is done. I got the new set of gaskets on the mail today and we will put it on tomorrow morning. I can't wait. I wanna see how my car feels at 8 psi :D

Good job man. Only one question for ya. If you spend all that money on the turbo set up, you couldn't spend another $10 on an air filter from AutoZoner???
Old 10-01-2003, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRV Monster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you run over some kid in the last picture?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bwahahahaha...I just noticed that
Old 10-01-2003, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

car sounds exactly like mind does right now.. good work and good luck with your boost leak, if it's not the rag then it's definitely a piping problem.. my couplers have blown off a few times, that's really the only way you can ensure that everything is fitted perfectly.

Old 10-01-2003, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sweet thanks guys. Yeah I had to wash off the blood from that person I hit on the sidewalk. SHHHHHH

Yeah i'm going to have to watch that brass feed line fitting but it wont fit any other way. That's why i have the feed line kinda supporting it from the top. Im thinking about Tuner Toy's fitting but i dont have an oil pressure gauge yet, so when i get i might swith over. It'll be find for now.

Also, i actually dont have a gasket between the turbo and the manifold! DO I REALLY NEED ONE?! I haven't noticed an exahst leak. My friends turbo setup also didn't have one. Anyone know?

T3 60 trim .60/.63 (big for a D16z6)
I was also running open O2 housing that day just cuz i couldn't get a downpipe made. This coming friday when i get back from school, im having one put on.

im also pressure testing too

Modified by racinskittle at 3:44 AM 10/2/2003

Modified by racinskittle at 4:00 AM 10/2/2003
Old 10-01-2003, 06:45 PM

YOU NEED THE GASKETS!!!! In my old turbo setup there wasnt any gaskets in between teh manifold and adaptor, and you could feel the air blowing right out. GET SOME GASKETS, there cheap, and u DO need them!!!
Old 10-01-2003, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITSTOCK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YOU NEED THE GASKETS!!!! In my old turbo setup there wasnt any gaskets in between teh manifold and adaptor, and you could feel the air blowing right out. GET SOME GASKETS, there cheap, and u DO need them!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

****. Oh im not using an adapter. The manifold connects right to the turbo. BUT where to i get the gaskets. I can prolly find some at my local shop. ??

Damn, it seemed like a nice fit. Didn't see any smoke or anything.

I need these gaskets by FRI. Where can i get some?! Thanks!
Old 10-01-2003, 07:05 PM

looks good, but i would definately get rid of that feed setup. Get a block adapter from golden eagle or greddy. i had a set up just like that and the vibration form the motor broke it INSIDE my block!!!! It fockin sucked to get out, plus i was leaking a quart or oil a week from it till i figured out what happened. good luck and do you have a dp and o2 sensor on that????
Old 10-01-2003, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

O2 sensor is int he housing. When I get the downpipe on friday im gonna have them put a new bung in the DP because I wont be using that same O2 housing. I'll be using a Volvo one, so i just needed that temporarily so i could put an O2 sensor somwhere.

Quick Reply: Alright turbo is up and running. Here are the promised pics. (sorry to delay) (stock D16z6 sol w/T