Notices

all you drag gen guys out there help me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 09:35 PM
ek9vboi

Default all you drag gen guys out there help me!!!

i just got my drag kit a few days ago, it was used for a lil, but the guy sent it mostly complete. i was looking it over and some parts were missing. i have no instructions, so plz help me out!!! here is a diagram from drag. i circled all the things that were missing.

please anything is good. i need some of these parts, so if u have some laying around, pm me. oh yeah, if anyone has the instuctions for installing a sohc turbo...PLEASE give me it if your not using it. i will pay for it!!! thanks in advance

Modified by ek9vboi at 6:46 AM 8/13/2003
Old 08-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: all you drag gen guys out there help me!!! (ek9vboi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek9vboi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: all you drag gen guys out there help me!!! (inspyral)

can'te really tell what they are...I think importparts has instructions
Old 08-12-2003, 09:52 PM
New User

Those parts can be bought at local hardware store or autopart stores.
You can make your own oil return lines.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:54 PM
ek9vboi

i unerstand all that, but those parts i cant even make out or figure what they are called. anyone got better pics of these things?
Old 08-13-2003, 11:35 AM

I have some of the parts you need for your turbo kit. I believe you need the checkvalves and some vacumm hose. I can send you pics of what i have. whats your email?
Old 08-13-2003, 05:25 PM
ek9vboi

koo, u got pm any1 else can help me out?!
Old 08-13-2003, 06:03 PM

Default Re: (ek9vboi)

please dont use check valves...just buy a missing link because the check valves are made for fish tanks and do go bad easy....just a word of caution...as for the t fittings you can go to the junk yard and look underneath a old benz or bmw..they have them everywhere under the hood...that is were i got mine but i was also in germany...
Old 08-13-2003, 06:20 PM

Default Re: (TurboDX)

Those look like the ghetto check valve things that I threw away as soon as I got it. Those are crap and I don't know of anybody that uses them. The other items look like vac lines for your wg, bov, etc.. Those can be bought cheap at any auto parts store. The other thing that looks to be missing is the crappy azz oil return line that should have never been put into that kit. the other item, I think that is circled looks like one of the brass fittings and 5/8 fuel line used to t your inline fuel pump lines into your stock fuel line. Of course, if you plan on upgrading your fuel system with with something better(Walbro 255 lph intank and larger injectors) you will not need the FMU, and all the crap needed to ty into your stock fuel lines. BTW, you can get this ftting at O'Reilly, Autozone, etc..
You did not get ripped, all of that stuff should be instantly disgarded anyway.

From what I can tell, all you need is:
vac lines(various sizes)
(1)missing link map
(2)-10AN Earls swivel fittings
(1)1 ft. of -10AN SS hose
(1) -10AN weld fitting for your oil pan
(1)2 ft. 5/8 fuel hose
(1)5/8 Brass fitting
Old 08-13-2003, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek9vboi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i unerstand all that, but those parts i cant even make out or figure what they are called. anyone got better pics of these things?</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly....I have return line kits if you're interested
Old 08-13-2003, 06:46 PM
ek9vboi

thanks maxim, i have a missing link. it had came with it. others?
Old 08-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (maxim)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by maxim &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those look like the ghetto check valve things that I threw away as soon as I got it. Those are crap and I don't know of anybody that uses them. The other items look like vac lines for your wg, bov, etc.. Those can be bought cheap at any auto parts store. The other thing that looks to be missing is the crappy azz oil return line that should have never been put into that kit. the other item, I think that is circled looks like one of the brass fittings and 5/8 fuel line used to t your inline fuel pump lines into your stock fuel line. Of course, if you plan on upgrading your fuel system with with something better(Walbro 255 lph intank and larger injectors) you will not need the FMU, and all the crap needed to ty into your stock fuel lines. BTW, you can get this ftting at O'Reilly, Autozone, etc..
You did not get ripped, all of that stuff should be instantly disgarded anyway.

From what I can tell, all you need is:
vac lines(various sizes)
(1)missing link map
(2)-10AN Earls swivel fittings
(1)1 ft. of -10AN SS hose
(1) -10AN weld fitting for your oil pan
(1)2 ft. 5/8 fuel hose
(1)5/8 Brass fitting
</TD></TR></TABLE>

He is exactly right. The guy sold you a complete kit. The only other thing that you have missing that you circled are those two rubber supports for the inline pump. The guy gave you a missing link which works better than those check valves he did not include. The rest of the vacuum lines and fuel lines can be bought at any autoparts store and the inline pump can be mounted without the use of those two rubber supports. Personally, I would get rid of that inline pump and go with a Walbro 255 intank(like Maxim said). But you can definitely put that inline pump to good use for the time being. The guy pretty much did you a favor by not including some of those parts(oil return). Good luck with your kit and enjoy.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:58 PM
ek9vboi

what do u mean a fover when he didnt include the oil return parts? why dont i need them?
Old 08-13-2003, 08:48 PM

Because the "oil return line kit" provided in the Drag kit is junk. The design was thought up by monkeys.

Arturbo posted a parts list a while back as a quality replacement for this junk provided in the Drag kit. Quoted from Art:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As for price, thats where things get complicated because Earls fittings are not cheap. As a reference I'll give you a run down what Bakerprecision.com charges for their prices:
- 1' stainless steel -10 line $5.79
- (if needed) oil drain flange $14 for billet, $7 for cast.
- 1/2 to -10an fitting $4.85
- (2) 45 DEG. BENT TUBE Swivel-Seal Hose Ends $23.39 or
- 5/8" or -10 steel weld fitting $4.00
So this comes out to $62.02 with out the oil drain flange and shipping.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 08-13-2003, 09:17 PM
ek9vboi

what the difference betweek the drag and the earl's kit? they are just return lines. as of right now the tubo has the drag one. well just this part:

um...what fitting does that look like, i forgot to measure when i was looking at it.

i now ima need the line and the fitting
Old 08-13-2003, 09:25 PM

You will not need the brass fitting(that is screwed into the oil return flange) if you want to make the SS oil line. The only thing you need to retain is that aluminum oil return flange already on the turbo. Just unscrew the brass fitting and get all the parts I listed.

The difference in the Earls and the Drag is that:
1)the Earls has actual connectors on the end of the hose, the Drag uses hose clamps.
2)Earls has a stainless steel line, Drag has a aluminum L shaped pipe and a piece of heater hose. The L pipe gets welded onto the oil pan(prone to breaking off) and has the heater hose fit over it. The brass fitting that you pictured coming out of your turbo goes into the other end of rubber heater hose and ta da, you have yourself a disaster waiting to happen.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:31 PM
ek9vboi

oh sh*t. thanks for the advice. i think ima get the kit now. i dont want to wake up the next mourn and see my mobil1 syn oil all over the floor. im suck a for not realizing this. i didnt know that the metal l shape piping thing was to be welded onto the oil pan itself. thanks again

ok, other then the oil return lines and etc. that was mentioned above, what else do i need or am missing? i circled like 5 diff other things

Modified by ek9vboi at 6:50 AM 8/14/2003
Old 08-13-2003, 10:31 PM

In reference to the circled items in the pic

top:
1)5/8" fuel lines(only if you are using the provided FMU and inline pump)
top left:
2)L shaped oil return flange(disregard)
top middle and top right:
3)vac lines w/ platic T's for various components(wg, bov, fmu, etc...)
middle:
4)1 brass union for fuel line hose(if needed)
5)a brass t possiby for the wg(hard to see)
6)1 rubber hose(possibly part of the fuel components provided)
lower middle:
7)to left looks like two bolts used to bolt the dp to the turbo
8)to the right is the check valve junk used on the MAP(disregard because you have the missing link)
bottom:
9)to the right is one rubber strip of material used to seperate the inline fuel pump from the hose clamp used for mounting.(to the firewall, shock mount, etc..)