Notices

To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question.

I dont know if you all had trouble tightening one of your bolts that connect the Inline Pro Manifold to a Precision turbo but I did. It was just one the rest where pretty simple, but the other one just seems to be in the most inconvenient spot. I probably spent 10 min trying to get that bolt as tight as I could. I had to continue to twist the compressor side and just go bit by bit. HOWEVER... that wasn't enough because tonight (about 2 weeks later) that same bolt fell out. So I come to ask, how did you all tighten yours, did you have any difficulty, did you find any certain kind of wrench helped you. Cause I don't really know what else to do this time. But now my car sounds like a tractor (lol) so I need to fix ASAP where it won't fall out again.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:31 PM

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (Type R Driven15)

Yes its a bitch. The rear bolt on the driver side would come loose on me. I ended up putting a little tack weld on each bolt after it came out the 4-5th time.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i seperated the exhaust housing from the rest of the turbo, and then bolted that up to the manifold by itself first...that gives you the room you need to torque nice and tight, then i slid the compressor back on and clocked the turbo.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:36 PM

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (Type R Driven15)

I had to use lock washers. It is definately a pain to get that bolt tight.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TRUST8383)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TRUST8383 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i seperated the exhaust housing from the rest of the turbo, and then bolted that up to the manifold by itself first...that gives you the room you need to torque nice and tight, then i slid the compressor back on and clocked the turbo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Same thing i did. They have also come loose on me a few times. I really don't know the problem but seems more people are having these issues with the inline pro manifold.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (norcalcrx)

Kinda good to see I am not the only one with this problem.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by norcalcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had to use lock washers. It is definately a pain to get that bolt tight.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you had any problems since then.

I'll probably try a little of everything... some thread lock, maybe try the washers, seperate the exhaust housing as some of you did, and if I can't get it tight enough that way, I may see if I can get some one to tack weld it as u did Josh.

My only question with that woudl be if its that hard to get it tight... if you tact weld it wouldn't it be just as hard to break it loose with it being tack welded? Maybe not, I dunno..

Thanks for the quick responses!
Old 11-20-2003, 08:12 PM

I just took mine apart today. It took me about 15 sec on each bolt with a cut off wheel to get the weld off. Has anyone tapped the bolt holes to make sure the bolt isn't bottoming out just before its fully tightened?
Old 11-20-2003, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (hybrid901)

Aight cool... may try it then.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought a set of bolts with copper nuts from InlinePro and it works great!!! It cost me $21 including shipping
Old 11-20-2003, 11:17 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (redintegra_18)

I have never had a bolt come off. You guys need to work out more. Anyway this is how I do it. First of all, you need to remove the turbine housing off. This will allow you to get to all the bolts with ease. I used washers and anti seize on the threads. Torque it down to German specs "guot n tite(good and tite)".

Hope this helps.. No need to tack weld it.

art
Old 11-20-2003, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (Arturbo)

Art, we all don't have the magic touch like you do
Old 11-21-2003, 12:17 AM
New User

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (TurboTegB18c)

I'll have to see if these studs that FlamencoT sent me work out for my setup... Still gotta run by Lowe's to pick up some nuts and lockwashers, though...

We'll see soon enough.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (SiR Kid)

Art & Stan are my heros...

Old 11-21-2003, 05:15 AM

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (TRUST8383)

You guys make life to hard on yourselves.

I spent some extra $ and got studs for my turbo/manifold and Turbine/Downpipe
I used lockwashers, nuts, red loctite and torqued them down real good.

who's never heard an exhuast leak
Old 11-21-2003, 05:42 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (quikB18B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quikB18B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

who's never heard an exhuast leak </TD></TR></TABLE>
Blame that on chris.

Hey, how are the *****?
Old 11-21-2003, 05:51 AM

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (Arturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Blame that on chris.

Hey, how are the *****? </TD></TR></TABLE>

...... In other words they are nice.
Old 11-21-2003, 06:33 AM
JO

Yeah I had the exact same problem. I tried thread lock, tightening the hell out of it, it would still fall off. There's nothing a little welding can't take care of!
Old 11-21-2003, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (quikB18B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quikB18B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

...... In other words they are nice. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ahhaha, OMFG

stan
Old 11-21-2003, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (JO)

Yes, you need to remove the turbine housing separate from the rest of the turbo by removing 6 of the 13mm bolts on the cartridge. I used loctite red all the time.

Then use a racthet to tightened the living hell of the turbine housing to the manifod. While you're at it, install the nipple for your oil feed line as well, it makes it easier due to more room to turn it.

stan
Old 11-21-2003, 06:45 AM

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (Flamenco-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Flamenco-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> While you're at it, install the nipple for your oil feed line as well, it makes it easier due to more room to turn it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

good point this will save you time and headache, tightening the feed line, with the turbo/manifold bolted to head is a pain in the ***.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:40 AM

Dammit I still have an exhoust leak after replacing the missing bolt from turbo to mani. I think it is fronm mani to head now. What the hell do i do? I tightened them all beyond beleif and still leaking boost
Old 11-21-2003, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (redlinegsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redlinegsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dammit I still have an exhoust leak after replacing the missing bolt from turbo to mani. I think it is fronm mani to head now. What the hell do i do? I tightened them all beyond beleif and still leaking boost </TD></TR></TABLE>

Are all you're downpipe bolts in and tightened...? It might be that manifold just isn't tightened down all the way... It happened to me and I had to go back and re-tighten all them like four times till no leak...
Old 11-21-2003, 09:16 AM

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (4U2NV)

Well it has to be before the turbo becasue I can feel a loss in power....I have tightend and tightened the mani bolts and they wont go any further..Im afraid they will break. I might yank it off and change the gasket. You never know. Its frustrating the hell outta me thats for sure
Old 11-21-2003, 09:46 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Blame that on chris.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

hah, well it took 2 try's to get it right.

I used to have a problem w/ it on my old revhard manifold. There is really only one way to properly install it and thats the way Art said. Another thing that helps is eliminating any stress on the set up from the exhaust system and the motor torqueing. Make sure ur mounts are all good, you need to run a flex pipe, and having a bracket from the downpipe to the motor like factory Honda puts on ur stock header is a real good idea.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question. (DIRep972)

I never had this problem with my Inline Pro manifold, just torque it down

Quick Reply: To All using Inline Pro T3 Manifold with Precision Turbos! I have a question.