Notices

All these storys about blowing cars up and cars getting stolen :(.. Does anyone have any success sto

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All these storys about blowing cars up and cars getting stolen :(.. Does anyone have any success sto

All these storys about blowing cars up and cars getting stolen .. Does anyone have any success storys??

Can someone post some positive things on the board. I know in a few months my seutp will be done, and I dont want to think about all the horror storys.....

-Jordo
Old 06-24-2003, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: All these storys about blowing cars up and cars getting stolen :(.. Does anyone have any success

ha, well i just wanna say, im not too fond of hondas.

My car got stolen and wrecked, and then I blew Luis' Motor up a couple nights ago (it was getting a built motor anyways) but still.

**** Happens, and in my case, a **** load of **** happens

P.S. Sorry i need to give something Positive - my car ran damn good for almost 2 years of boosting. i ragged on it all the time and it had perfect compression, the gaylude on the other hand, its weak, dont boost one of those w/ a stock motor.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: All these storys about blowing cars up and cars getting stolen :(.. Does anyone have any success

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ha, well i just wanna say, im not too fond of hondas.

My car got stolen and wrecked, and then I blew Luis' Motor up a couple nights ago (it was getting a built motor anyways) but still.

**** Happens, and in my case, a **** load of **** happens

P.S. Sorry i need to give something Positive - my car ran damn good for almost 2 years of boosting. i ragged on it all the time and it had perfect compression, the gaylude on the other hand, its weak, dont boost one of those w/ a stock motor. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah im a strong believer in **** happens.. when ***** happens to me it happens in the same week always
Old 06-24-2003, 09:25 AM
New User

You might find more success stories in the All-Motor forum...lol

<u>Forced Induction Topics:</u>
My motor blew
My car got stolen
I'm blowing smoke
I lost compression in 2 cylinders
Somethings wrong please help
No traction..help
I'm dissapointed in my turbo setup
I can't take this, I'm out of Honda's.

<u>Normally Aspirated forum topics:</u>
Holy ****!! Just got back from the Dyno (chart inside)
Now PB 1/4 Mile time!
Took my car auto-Xing, had most fun of my life
Boy I love my reliable all-motor honda
Goddamn all-motor is alot cheaper then my FI Setup.
ETC
ETC

That's just the way the cookie crumbles I guess. If you want more then 300whp, go boost. If not then stay all-motor. For the price of a 450whp turbo motor, you can run just as fast and for the same price with a N/A 300whp motor.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've had my car boosted since last July and it's runnin like a champ It's seen between 6-12psi depending on the weather (colder out, more boost) and my inability to use a manual boost controller .

Even with ghetto fuel management (ran a homemade MAP scaling circuit for a while) it pulled hard and didn't blow up. I think by the end of the summer I will have tuned my ecu (by chipping it myself) with a wideband and be boosting 12psi.

I've brought the car to autoX a few times and depsite the fact that I need more and better rubber, I managed to run better times than cars that cost 3 times as much.

If I had to do it all over again, although there would be a few changes, I would do it in an instant.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive had pretty good success with my car, i found little things wrong when i broke her down to buil dit , but the car ran great and never any probs. my motor has been thru alot though.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ion_four &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've had my car boosted since last July and it's runnin like a champ It's seen between 6-12psi depending on the weather (colder out, more boost) and my inability to use a manual boost controller .

Even with ghetto fuel management (ran a homemade MAP scaling circuit for a while) it pulled hard and didn't blow up. I think by the end of the summer I will have tuned my ecu (by chipping it myself) with a wideband and be boosting 12psi.

I've brought the car to autoX a few times and depsite the fact that I need more and better rubber, I managed to run better times than cars that cost 3 times as much.

If I had to do it all over again, although there would be a few changes, I would do it in an instant. </TD></TR></TABLE>

whooo thats what i wanna hear...

I think reason being allmotor vs turbo, turbo guys do things more ghetto then allmotor.. i mean how can you do allmotor ghetto??
Old 06-24-2003, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

whooo thats what i wanna hear...

I think reason being allmotor vs turbo, turbo guys do things more ghetto then allmotor.. i mean how can you do allmotor ghetto?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

why would you brag about having a ghetto set up and say turbo guys are cool becuase of ghetto set ups?
Old 06-24-2003, 10:05 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MaxBoost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

<u>Normally Aspirated forum topics:</u>
Holy ****!! Just got back from the Dyno (chart inside)
Now PB 1/4 Mile time!
Took my car auto-Xing, had most fun of my life
Boy I love my reliable all-motor honda
Goddamn all-motor is alot cheaper then my FI Setup.
ETC
ETC

For the price of a 450whp turbo motor, you can run just as fast and for the same price with a N/A 300whp motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

uhhh. your forgeting about the 20+ 450-600whp dyno graphs posted in FI. and ur forgetting that the fastest NA street cars are barely cracking 11's. Turbo street cars can crack 11's on stock motors.

and as for a 450whp turbo motor running as fast as a 300whp NA motor I don't know what the hell you are smoking. seriously man do u actually beleive that?

I would say I have had alot of success w/ my turbo car. The trick is, Keep it simple and park it in a garage.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIRep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I would say I have had alot of success w/ my turbo car. The trick is, Keep it simple and park it in a garage. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The Best Advice ever

P.S. You're still gay
Old 06-24-2003, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why would you brag about having a ghetto set up and say turbo guys are cool becuase of ghetto set ups?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was majorly pretainign to people blowing motors and what not..
Old 06-24-2003, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The Best Advice ever

P.S. You're still gay </TD></TR></TABLE>

blahhahahahahahha
Old 06-24-2003, 10:26 AM
New User

I have success! After 14 months of turbo (8-10psi) my compression is as if I just drove it off the assembly line, 184-180-186-185 going 4-3-2-1. Stock (new) compression is ~184psi.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, I like to consier my experience a success.

Let's see, I boosted a stock Civic EX w/ ~85k miles. Ran it through 112k miles with upwards of 12psi of constant boost, over 100 dyno passes in tuning, over 40-50 1/4 mile passes, and the only reason I took it off was to go bigger and better.

Never broke anything, never left me stranded, and at 120k miles still has like 180-190psi in all 4. What's my secret? There is no secret, like DIRep said, keep it simple and parked in a garage.. that was all it took for me.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I think reason being allmotor vs turbo, turbo guys do things more ghetto then allmotor.. i mean how can you do allmotor ghetto?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, what?

Try vacuum cleaner flowbench, homebrew enradiused valve seats, sand bent headers, DIY cam gears, the list goes on. Buy a used set of cams just like turbo guys buy used turbos. 88-95 Hondas get free standalone with the purchase of a $75 chip burner via Ghettodyne or NA ERM.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol, what?

Try vacuum cleaner flowbench, homebrew enradiused valve seats, sand bent headers, DIY cam gears, the list goes on. Buy a used set of cams just like turbo guys buy used turbos. 88-95 Hondas get free standalone with the purchase of a $75 chip burner via Ghettodyne or NA ERM. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahah, whats that stupid quote "the more **** you have, the more **** can break" kiss
Old 06-24-2003, 11:00 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MaxBoost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For the price of a 450whp turbo motor, you can run just as fast and for the same price with a N/A 300whp motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

clueless

I've had my 98 ITR ( 75K miles) boosted for over 30K miles (8 psi jrsc with only BTC, MAP controller, cooler plugs, and high pressure fuel pump). Only problem was one broken sc belt, but the car ran fine because the alternator belt was still in place. Drive it every day (about 2,500 per month).
Old 06-24-2003, 11:07 AM
Smarter than you

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MaxBoost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For the price of a 450whp turbo motor, you can run just as fast and for the same price with a N/A 300whp motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I also want to add that a 300whp NA motor is a FULL-RACE motor. Even the baddest combination of 95mm stroke, 85mm bore, .75" deck plate, 13:1 compression, .600+ of cam lift, and 3k dollars worth of head porting is barely enough to pull 275whp. and then tune it to last 3 yrs.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:19 AM
New User

Positive story:

88 SI 232,000 miles. 8 psi turbo. No problems whatsoever.

Pulls hard, still as reliable. Never removed the headgasket and compression is fine. Have had the turbo on about 5k miles and no sign of anything weakening. I honestly believe the stock CRX should have came with a D16a6 and t25 turbo. Great streetability, awesome gas mileage, easy to maintain since I did it right. Full Zdyne engine management tuned conservatively for the street. Still fast enough for me.

I'll be driving this car just the way it is (engine-wise) for years to come.

Don't worry. Just tune it right, don't push the limits of the stock motor and enjoy the substantial increase in power. Be conservative and it will maintain the Honda reliability you come to expect.

Randy
Old 06-24-2003, 11:41 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIRep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I also want to add that a 300whp NA motor is a FULL-RACE motor. Even the baddest combination of 95mm stroke, 85mm bore, .75" deck plate, 13:1 compression, .600+ of cam lift, and 3k dollars worth of head porting is barely enough to pull 275whp. and then tune it to last 3 yrs. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok dude, you are probably right but damn, get over it.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:51 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itec311 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ok dude, you are probably right but damn, get over it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Chris they hate it when their wrong huh
Old 06-24-2003, 12:02 PM
Smarter than you

I was just getting a point accross. 300whp NA is really hard to make. Sorry I am trying to keep the facts strait around here.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itec311 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ok dude, you are probably right but damn, get over it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

he is just trying to tell the truth
Old 06-24-2003, 01:16 PM

its all sucess. the explosions are the exception if you think about it.

boosted Hondas