Notices

For all the people that've been screwed over by One-Fab, read inside!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For all the people that've been screwed over by One-Fab, read inside!!

So, after seeing the multiple threads being posted up, and all of the hollow threats and pissed off people that have been surrounding the Forced Induction forum lately, I decided to see if there's a cheaper alternative to get your products/money without having to pay for attorneys unless absolutely needed. Something someone could actually do, instead of complaining on the internet.

I first started by calling the Houston Police Dept, and they forwarded me to the Harris County police department, where One-Fab's place of business is located. I spoke with a county representative, and explained everyone's situations. Not individually, but just a generic overview of what's going on. I told him the thefts have ranged in value from $700-$7,000 for some people, and inquired on what steps or channels needed to be gone over to get this resolved. They put me in contact with the Harris County District Attorney's office @ 1-713-755-5836 and explained the situation to them, a little more in depth this time. She said a criminal investigation can be started, but she would send me a form to fill out, and I had to send it back. Each form that's filled out, will get it's own investigation. If they see enough of these forms, I think they'll get the message that something seriously wrong is going on. So that is the first step. Call the District Attorney's office, have them send you the form, and mail it back A.S.A.P.

The next department I contacted was the Theft/Burglary Detective's office @ 1-713-967-5770 and explained to them the situation. Keep in mind, these are different departments that do seperate investigations, so contact both places. IT'S FREE TO YOU! They advised me to call my local police department, and ask them to fill out a Courtesy Police Report. Once you obtain a copy, fax it to 1-713-967-5790, Attn: Sergeant (Sgt.) Stauber. From there, they will contact you within a week and let you now the report has been received and an official HARRIS COUNTY POLICE REPORT will be filed, and they too, will begin the investigation. So once you file a Courtesy Police Report in your own county, fax it to them, and they'll make their own in the county Matt @ One-Fab works. They explained to me with cases under $5,000.00, it's a small claims matter, but anything over $5,000.00 is now a felony charge, and the punishment is much more severe. With enough small claims reports, it'll be enough to get him in some deep, deep trouble.

These are the first steps needed to getting your products. If he can't produce the products, then the police department can prosecute him as needed, civil actions can be taken, and restitution can be sought after.

So in short, here are the steps needed to be taken.

__________________________________________________ __________________
Call this department, ask for a form to file a complaint about not receiving products/theft, provide them your address, fill out the form, and mail it back. Very simple.

Harris County District Attorney Office
1-713-755-5836

File a Courtesy Report at your local police department, and fax it to this department, attn: Sgt. Stauber. They will call you within a week notifying you a police report has been filed. If not, call them back to follow-up.

Harris County Theft/Burglary Division
Sgt. Stauber
Phone: 713-967-5770
Fax: 713-967-5790

While I understand some of you are exhausted with the whole situation, these are simple steps that can be taken to get you on the road to recovering your manifolds, downpipes, and whatever else you ordered from him.

Here is Matt's business location. You will need it when filing reports.

3375 West 11th Street
Houston, Texas 77008
ORDER TODAY: 1-512-350-0743
Email: sales@one-fab.com

I apologize to those that share a building with him if this negatively affects your business, but his theft/deception HAS to stop.

Modified by 19sec beast at 8:32 AM 5/17/2006
Old 05-17-2006, 05:55 AM

Default Re: For all the people that've been screwed over by One-Fab, read inside!! (19sec beast)

And for anyone that needs to reference where One-Fab has scammed people.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1624904
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1539309
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1575355
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1545184
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1616986
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1595831
Old 05-17-2006, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For all the people that've been screwed over by One-Fab, read inside!! (19sec beast)

There is no excuse for such late shipments on the products... and I am not condoning his business practices in the least...

But I *can* say that I know he has been cranking out manifolds very heavily lately and that customers are beginning to be taken care of. He's setup in the new shop now and has been welding non-stop since they moved in 2 weeks ago.

I am a customer who has paid for products, and those products are on the way to me (photos and tracking numbers provided). Everyones anger and actions are definitely warranted. The reason I posted this though is to let everyone know that he's busting *** to get back on track. I know it doesn't mean anything to someone who has been waiting 7-8 months... but he is definitely making attempts to get out everything that has been ordered.

My suggestion to everyone that has ordered is to post in this thread what you've ordered, and when you ordered it. It'd help everyone get a handle on who is waiting for what, and it will also confirm that people are beginning to receive their products lately.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:16 AM

Default Re: For all the people that've been screwed over by One-Fab, read inside!! (HybridKOOP)

Well, Matt has told them their complaining will oly get their orders delayed.

Maybe if everyone posts their name, what they ordered, and the date and Matt starts making progress on the orders, the legal routes can be avoided.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 19sec beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, Matt has told them their complaining will oly get their orders delayed.

Maybe if everyone posts their name, what they ordered, and the date and Matt starts making progress on the orders, the legal routes can be avoided.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, it would save everyone a lot of new headaches and waiting, and people would get the quality products they have been waiting for.

I was waiting on a topmount, 4 inch DP, one of his custom low sumps, and dumptube. I'm a partial-sponsor car and have been waiting several months. My stuff went out this morning 5/17/2006. Will post pics in a few days to confirm everything got here as expected
Old 05-17-2006, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is some good information!

Also no matter what Matt may be doing now or telling one person, the fact still stands that people have tried to get ahold of him with little to no luck and when they do get a reply it is 99% of the time a flat out lie on delivery of thier product. If he is cranking out manifolds, it's not to anyone on Honda-tech that is a past or current customer because I have seen no resolution threads.

This seems like the best bet for everyone and the only way to punish Matt for what he is doing to his customers.

*edit* I guess he will come through if your in TX or you recieve sponsorship from him, otherwise it's still a 12-18 month wait.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: For all the people that've been screwed over by One-Fab, read inside!! (HybridKOOP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridKOOP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I agree, it would save everyone a lot of new headaches and waiting, and people would get the quality products they have been waiting for </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, yea quality products that crack and need to be constantly rewelded. And if you want him to do it plan on another 6-12months without your manifold. yea, REAL QUALITY

ur living in a dream world
Old 05-17-2006, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For all the people that've been screwed over by One-Fab, read inside!! (Macan00n)

Way to use your brain bro, I'm glad we have some persistant people on HT. Please, let's make an example out of Matt and One-fab, so if you lost your money, please do contact the people above and do the paper work. Make an example of them, and others will hopefully not follow in there shitty work practices.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For all the people that've been screwed over by One-Fab, read inside!! (Mugencrxsir1)

It sucks to see this happen. All of the threads I've read etc, even if he does start getting his customers their products, who will ever want to do business with him in the future?

A few weeks is one thing, but months is just unacceptable.

Old 05-17-2006, 07:18 AM

Default Re: For all the people that've been screwed over by One-Fab, read inside!! (Mugencrxsir1)

If nothing else, give him deadline before you submit the police reports.

HybridK00P, nsxmatt is right. You're ONE local person. Of course he's going to take care of you. You're one of his sponsored cars. You paid a fraction of what others have paid, and yours got to you BEFORE ANYONE ELSE'S! That in itself should tell you his practices aren't legit. I like free stuff/discounted stuff just as much as the next guy, but I'm sure you see what kind of person Matt really is whether you say it publicly or not.

He's a thief. He deceives people. His word is worth less than a half-eaten stale donut.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:28 AM

Screw that waiting ****. people have waiting a years time for things with no end in sight. File these reports and then see if your **** comes. Quit sitting around with your thumbs in your asses.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 19sec beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Here is Matt's business location. You will need it when filing reports.

9230 Keough Rd suite #300
Houston, TX 77040
ORDER TODAY: 1-512-350-0743
Email: sales@one-fab.com

I apologize to those that share a building with him if this negatively affects your business, but his theft/deception HAS to stop.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Again
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1624904&page=4

This address is another one of our local shops and I dont think they need the drama there. I understand your comment on sharing a building and the affects on the business though.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slappy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
That info(address) is incorrect, as of about 2 months ago.

Matt has no posse.

I know in most cases you are guilty by association, but this instance is different and the others(stoopidfast) that he works with are not involved.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 05-17-2006, 07:33 AM

Default Re: For all the people that've been screwed over by One-Fab, read inside!! (Slappy)

Thank you, Slappy. Updated the address.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:35 AM

And yeah, sorry to the business(es) that share residence with Matt about the possible bad publicity this might bring to you, but something has got to happen because if left up to Matt, everyone will just keep getting the "Yours will be out next week" excuse.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:00 AM
12 Years Strong

I hope justice prevails, and everyone gets reimbursed.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:48 AM

Default Re: For all the people that've been screwed over by One-Fab, read inside!! (HybridHatch88)

We can all hope for the best, but ultimately, it comes down to what road Matt wants to take.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:04 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 19sec beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, Matt has told them their complaining will oly get their orders delayed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Say's who? This is absolutely a lie
Old 05-17-2006, 09:06 AM

Default Re: For all the people that've been screwed over by One-Fab, read inside!! (White Smoke)

In one of his older threads I read he told them that complaining wouldn't make him want to work on their manifolds any quicker. I'd search for it, but there's just too many threads and too many pages. Even if I misquoted that, everything else still stands as being FACT that he's a thief/scammer.