Notices

ALL BULLSHIT ASIDE:::GREDDY TURBO KIT SOHC..

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL BULLSHIT ASIDE:::GREDDY TURBO KIT SOHC..

b4 i start yes i searched and went threw all 323 results now:

ok people i need to make a decision by about 4pm EST today..my store is placing an order with greddy today and i was thinking of throwing in my turbo kit in because at the end of the month greddy gives us a better discount so then can sell more and meet their quota..

here is the deal the car its going into is an EJ-1(92-95 civic coupe ex) with a stock D16Z6..i can get the total kit meaning: turbo kit, large FMIC, and type S BOV for about 2K shipped..

- is this going to be money well spent or what?
- what kind of numbers can i expect to see with this kit if i run it exactly the way greddy designed it to run meaning: with the eManage stock settings etc..??? basically if i bolt it on and leave it the hell alone??
- will i feel a big difference over my stock D16Z6 that i've been using for the past 5 years??
- can the boost be turned up to like 8-9psi safely on stock d16z6 w/128,xxx mi? if so then how becuz from what i understand the emanage is a locked program..if i do turn up boost what will be needed? larger injectors? fuel pump? etc?
- will the hunny'z be like "whoa" when i take em for a spin??
- and overall does it have the potential to be great if i decide i really like it and i want to build it up more??

i spoke to my rep at greddy and he said the kit will only make an additional 50hp at the crank which is *****..but when i search the boards i see people making over 170+whp on the stock greddy tune whats up with that?? if thats true then i'll put it on order.. i really don't wanna get this kit, bolt it up and make 135WHP and still get my doors blown by stock EM1's..

also kill stories and 1/4 times with this kit would be great..

thanx in advance H-T!!
Old 12-30-2004, 10:43 AM

Default Re: ALL BULLSHIT ASIDE:::GREDDY TURBO KIT SOHC.. (JDM 93 EJ1)

1. It will be a waste of money
2. Your numbers will be weak at 5.5psi
3. Yes it will be a big difference over stock
4. You can turn the boost up on a stock d16z6, but I would ditch the shitty e-manage
5. Upgradeability blows ***

$2,000 will get you a ******* sweet custom kit turbo that you will be able to use with a built motor if you ever decide to do that. Hell, my custom kit was $1,100 and I had money left over for a ACT xtss clutch kit ($400) and 3 inch custom exhaust ($400).
Old 12-30-2004, 10:46 AM

i don't want to do custom..i want ZERO headaches.. i want to retain my A/C and etc..
Old 12-30-2004, 11:24 AM

Default Re: (JDM 93 EJ1)

Then sell your honda and buy a car that is already fast stock.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (beerbongskickass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Then sell your honda and buy a car that is already fast stock.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This man speaks the truth.

You WILL have headaches.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:30 AM

sooooo how bout that original post??
Old 12-30-2004, 11:36 AM

I answered your questions... search if you want exact numbers. Tons of people are running the greddy kit so I am sure you will find some useful posts. I find it hard to believe you searched 323 results and didn't get any info.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:50 AM

actually u may have answered my questions to the best of your knowledge...but there is like 50,000 other HT members who might see things differently
Old 12-30-2004, 11:57 AM

They will probably just try and feed you bullshit though. You said said bullshit aside, so I told you the truth.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:04 PM

Default Re: (beerbongskickass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They will probably just try and feed you bullshit though. You said said bullshit aside, so I told you the truth.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I had a Greddy kit @ 10. It was a quick setup. But at 5.5 psi you shouldnt expect much. 14.5 qtr with about 150-60whp
'

I got a 96 EX coupe, boosted @ 5.5psi with a Greddy Kit. I love it!

dude your response was appreciated as well as taken into consideration..now i'd like to hear from other people..sort of like a census
Old 12-30-2004, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (l337hxr)

It depends on what you want. If you want a ***** to the wall 300whp d-series look elsewhere, as a matter of fact, I probably wouldn't run the kit for anything over 200, you could upgrade the turbo and make more past that but you will run into other restrictions after that.

I had homemade turbo kit, basically like a cheap *** Greddy kit, and I got tired of the power I had and have since upgraded EVERY PIECE of it in order to make ~350whp. I could have saved alot of money if I went with my current kit the first time around.

All in all, if you want a fairly cheap, reliable, but not so powerful turbo kit, then the Greddy would be perfect.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:23 PM

i'm happy with mid to low 14s..i don't want an all out street monster but i atleast want to be a contender with the swapped rides around here as well as the stock domestics
Old 12-30-2004, 12:25 PM

Default Re: (mattEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mattEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This man speaks the truth.

You WILL have headaches. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You lie!
Old 12-30-2004, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM 93 EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm happy with mid to low 14s..i don't want an all out street monster but i atleast want to be a contender with the swapped rides around here as well as the stock domestics</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then the Greddy would be awesome for you.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:42 PM

Default Re: ALL BULLSHIT ASIDE:::GREDDY TURBO KIT SOHC.. (JDM 93 EJ1)

If you want to keep your AC and all that then I would get a car that is already turbocharged.. The greddy kit will make your car funer then it is right now but its not going to be all that..

I really dont understand why everyone wants to do this stuff to their everyday driver.. Why not get an 88-91 civic/crx for like $300-$500 and build your own kit for it.. Then you can have a fast car and spend like $2500 total cost and not have to worry about it..
Old 12-30-2004, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ALL BULLSHIT ASIDE:::GREDDY TURBO KIT SOHC.. (tgreaves)

Maybe because everyone wants a lil extra power on demand in there daily driver. Not everyone can go out and spend 30k on a evo. I know someone is going to bring put he srt-4, but not everyone like the stylings of the car. It isn't always about speed, some people just want a little extra umph.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: ALL BULLSHIT ASIDE:::GREDDY TURBO KIT SOHC.. (beerbongskickass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. It will be a waste of money
2. Your numbers will be weak at 5.5psi
3. Yes it will be a big difference over stock
4. You can turn the boost up on a stock d16z6, but I would ditch the shitty e-manage
5. Upgradeability blows ***

$2,000 will get you a ******* sweet custom kit turbo that you will be able to use with a built motor if you ever decide to do that. Hell, my custom kit was $1,100 and I had money left over for a ACT xtss clutch kit ($400) and 3 inch custom exhaust ($400).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude I'm going to argue with you forever at this point.

The greddy kit DOES NOT SUCK. It's perfect for people looking to boost their daily drivers, retain a/c, have an easy install with quality parts that fit well for an extremely reasonable price. It is designed to have a small, fast-spooling turbo that has a powerband (mid-range) made for the SOHC civic engine. It maxes out at 250-260whp, which is a very good amount of power for a street car.

Sure, it's not a *****-out peak HP kit, but just look at how many people own greddy turbo kits...that should speak for itself.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:21 PM

Default Re: ALL BULLSHIT ASIDE:::GREDDY TURBO KIT SOHC.. (boostincoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The greddy kit DOES NOT SUCK. It's perfect for people looking to boost their daily drivers, retain a/c, have an easy install with quality parts that fit well for an extremely reasonable price. It is designed to have a small, fast-spooling turbo that has a powerband (mid-range) made for the SOHC civic engine. It maxes out at 250-260whp, which is a very good amount of power for a street car.

Sure, it's not a *****-out peak HP kit, but just look at how many people own greddy turbo kits...that should speak for itself. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree, not everyone is going to have the ability and know-how to make their own kit. The Greddy "kit" is perfect for people who just want to slap it on and not have to know every little thing about their turbo kit. On the surface it does look like a good deal. how ever... I personally run a custom kit i peiced together and to put "all bullshit aside" i drove around with 6lbs of boost for a day and i was like... "this sucks, i need 10lbs now." for 2000 on a "kit" @ 5.5 psi, your gonna be dissapointed.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:23 PM

Default Re: ALL BULLSHIT ASIDE:::GREDDY TURBO KIT SOHC.. (boostincoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sure, it's not a *****-out peak HP kit, but just look at how many people own greddy turbo kits...that should speak for itself. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The greddy kit is for ****** like you...
Old 12-30-2004, 02:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The greddy kit is for ****** like you...</TD></TR></TABLE>

buahaha...

I wouldnt go as far to say the Greddy kit sucks, because it does do what it was intended to do. To be a good mid-range, low spool time, a/c retainable kit that is easy on the pocket as well. It wasnt meant for a 230whp stock block z6 like you have.

But it does put out some ***** *** power doesnt it?!? buahaha
Old 12-30-2004, 02:34 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

haha... i was trying to be nice about it... but yeah, what BeerBongs said was the word i was looking for. *****
Old 12-30-2004, 02:34 PM

Default Re: ALL BULLSHIT ASIDE:::GREDDY TURBO KIT SOHC.. (untitled)

If you just want a little bit of power? Build a junkyard kit for less than $1,000. If your going to spend $2,000+ at least build a decent kit that you can upgrade.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.

it's pussies you incompetent HMT troll.

It's funny how according to you, everyone should be shooting for 300+ whp with a built motor, custom manifold/turbo/dp/piping, Uberdata, etc.

And those who don't want a straight-line **** and just want good driveability, or a very fast-spooling turbo for autoX/road racing (*raises hand*) are "weak".

You just come off as one of those ultra-high HP dyno queen sac-swingers.

Quick Reply: ALL BULLSHIT ASIDE:::GREDDY TURBO KIT SOHC..