Notices

Alky Injection Nossle Placement?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alky Injection Nossle Placement?

I got everything installed on my kit today but the direction are pretty vague and I am unsure of the ideal nossle placement. I was just going to mount it as close to the TB as possible. I have 3 nossles, two are very small and are not rated very much and I have one 500+ Hp nossle so I am just going to use that one. Is this correct or should I move it further down the charge pipe? Also at what angle would be better? Top, left side, right side, bottom.... I figure that placement of the nossle will matter and just dont feel like drilling a hole that is not needed, where are you supposed to place the nossle from a dry shot of nitrous? Any suggestions or comments welcome
Old 07-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I place all my single stage water/alch nozzles about12-24 inches from the TB(anyway really) , BTW what kit did you get? the cooling mist kit has a injector holder option that turns the spray pattern/injector directly into the flow of air(like a 90deg elbow of sorts) so you can aim the jet in the same direction as the TB inside your piping

Happy spraying :D I love mine....
Old 07-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Mine is in between my IC and the outgoing charge pipe (drilled a hole in the coupling). I heard it was best to mount it further away from the TB.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Cyphear)

Yea but my instructions say to place the nossle after the map sensor, which is not possible really unless its right at the TB, I am probably gonna mount it near the Intercooler, thanks for the help
Old 07-08-2006, 05:35 PM
z31

Default Re: (96 GSR-T)

I agree with Blown99civicsi on the 12 inchs from the TB. Any further than 12 inches and I've seen the spray pool on the intercooler walls. Too far away and droplets start to form, but to close to the TB your not going to have a good mix and one cyclinder might be rich as hell and one might not get any.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (z31)

I'm putting it after the intercooler, prob go with the 12" from the TB, but what about the map sensor?
Old 07-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what map you you using?? on our cars there is no need to worrie about damaging the sensor, since it is a MAP and not a MAS or MAF, as the map doesnt actually suck in air, the mixture wont get into the sensor, even under boost. I am running a 3bar GM and have it taped into the TB with a 8" vacume line, have had it like this for almost a year, no problems with the sensor, and I use it when I datalog so the readings dont get scewed

BTW I know you may not have a CoolingMist Kit, but here is there install guide for the nozzels/injectors, notice how they say BEFORE the I/C is fine.. As a dual stage would be installed like this, no worries of droplets :D Enjoy

Standard Injector Mounting:

Depending on your vehicle the installation can be different. The first thing you need to do is decide where to mount them. For a dual stage we recommend that the larger injector be mounted furthest from the engine and the smaller one be mounted close to the engine.

If you have an intercooler you can mount your injector prior to the intercooler or just after.
We recommend to install the injector after the MAF sensor of your car (if you have one). If you have to mount before make sure you have it far away so it can evaporate completely.
You can drill a hole to install the injector or tap the injector.
We recommend that you install the injector AFTER the turbo or supercharger unless you have no other choice
If you have a carburator you may need to make a spacer to install the injector

Angled Injector Mounting

If you purchased the upgraded Angled Injectors the locations and points for installing the standard nozzles are the same

You can angle the spray toward the flow of air or with the flow of air. In our test vehicle we prefer to angle it toward th flow.
Your water will atomize better with these.
You will less puddling in the pipe
these now have an adjustment mechanism so you can mount to your pipe easier.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Blown99civicsi)

Yea I have a cooling mist kit but had no directions. just a wiring diagram and I didnt see anything about this nossle install. Thanks for the help, I am going to upgrade to those angled nossles. I just gotta decide where to put the nossle now. I have used all the line but about 5' of it and that should be enough to get it near the intercooler.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hehe, LMK if you need any parts from them, I just received my dealer list from them yesterday

BTW the angle nozzle helped out a bunch for the distrabution...
Old 07-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (96 GSR-T)

I posted in the other akly thread but here is the link again.
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/s....html