Notices

Air Fuel Gauge not working properly *HELP*

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Fuel Gauge not working properly *HELP*

Hey guys,
I'm was tryint to install my Autometer Air/Fuel gauge the other day and have a question for anyone else who has used one before. Well, the gauge works, but not really. See I will start the car and it will read between lean and stoich and when I'm driving it was stay around the same level but more towards stoich. The big problem is that when I step on the gass anywhere above 2500rpm the gauge totally cuts off with only one of the leds lit up all the way on the rich side. This will happen EVERY time I step on the gass even a little bit. Just daily driving, whenever I'm accelerating, the gauge cuts off untill I take my foot off the gass then it rwads again. Obviosuly this defeats the purpose of the gauge because I'm planning on using it for when I run my NX kit and my foot will definatly be stiomped down. Does anyone know why it would do this, has this happened to you, and is there any way to fix it? Thank you in advance, cause I'm kinda pissed after spening money on it and gettting a gauge pod and now it is worthles cause it dosn't read when I need it to. -Ryan
Old 11-04-2002, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Air Fuel Gauge not working properly *HELP* (phazeshifter)

thats how they all work man , dont stress it much though, its not accurateunless your usining a wideband o2, basically its a nice light show at night.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:50 AM

Default Re: Air Fuel Gauge not working properly *HELP* (phazeshifter)

Mine is the same way. Whether it gives the same readings under the same conditions more than once depends on the alignment of the planets and the gravitational pull of the moon.

Take the gauge, sell it, and save up for a Tech-Edge wideband. For your motor's sake, please do not rely on the AF gauge for tuning.
Old 11-04-2002, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Air Fuel Gauge not working properly *HELP* (91CivicSi)

, couldnt have said it any better myself, i almost learned that same thing the hard way
Old 11-04-2002, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Air Fuel Gauge not working properly *HELP* (itr206)

I was thinking about getting one...is it really that bad? I mean doesn't at least give a rough idea of you A/F ratio?
Old 11-04-2002, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Air Fuel Gauge not working properly *HELP* (Hellz99si)

I think if you get one cheap enough or have it laying around... might as well use it. I'm using one right now, and as long as that things BURIED in the rich area (like it always is under boost), I know I'm not remotely lean.. which is all I'm concerned with.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Air Fuel Gauge not working properly *HELP* (Hellz99si)

NOPE , no where even close. when i was running the nitrous in my car. the A/f looked great . . . on the gauge, i get to the dyno jus in case and i almost blew mty motor i was that lean . , so no , they arent cloe without a good o2
Old 11-04-2002, 07:25 AM

Default Re: Air Fuel Gauge not working properly *HELP* (91CivicSi)

Mine is the same way. Whether it gives the same readings under the same conditions more than once depends on the alignment of the planets and the gravitational pull of the moon.

HAHAHAHA!! .........funny but true.