Notices

Aftermarket axles- can someone tell me if THESE axles are worth getting for my car...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 03:50 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket axles- can someone tell me if THESE axles are worth getting for my car...

Hi guys,

With the engine and tranny out of my car- now is a good time for me to decide to get better axles in there- I have a 2000 prelude that is getting the entire motor done up by JG- estimating a good solid 400 whp, possible 450 whp on a daily driven Lude at aobut 18 psi daily. I know traction is a problem, but I don't want to break axles either.

Dr. James I believe said that it is a good idea to get the larger axles, but I want to know if anyone here has any advise on the following ones....
http://driveshaftshop.net/productCat...derId=&custId=

I was thinking about getting the stage 3 with ABS for the lude($949.00 for pair).

They are stronger, larger in diameter, and have larger stronger cv joints on them. Plus the connecting surface has a 6 point hook up, vs the stocks smaller 3 point. I am worried aobut getting power to the graound as well, and I was hopeing these stronger axles would help transfer more and lessen wheel hop(I already have poly engine mounts and a Quaife LSD and Tein HA coilovers, but it is not totally gone under hard launches).

Any help advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Only other axles I have seen out there are Vitek cromoly axles that are 30% larger in diameter than stock, have the 6 point hook-in connectors as well, and are $765.00 a pair.

Thanks!!
Old 03-09-2002, 04:55 PM
New User

Default Re: Aftermarket axles- can someone tell me if THESE axles are worth getting for my car... (Spocko)

JG -

driveshaft shop -

i'm running the stage 5 axles on my car this year. the ones you want should be fine for the power your going for.

[Modified by jinxproof99, 8:57 PM 3/9/2002]
Old 03-09-2002, 05:39 PM
New User

Default Re: Aftermarket axles- can someone tell me if THESE axles are worth getting for my car... (jinxproof

I'm running DSS Stage 4's (no longer available) in my car. They are exactly like the stage 5's, but use a lesser material. Should be more than enough, I personally think the stage 3's are overkill for a street car.