Notices

after i week of boost, piston rings are gone. rebuilt on the way, what parts to get?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after i week of boost, piston rings are gone. rebuilt on the way, what parts to get?

well im getting smoke when i accelerate, my motors bogs, stutters and doesnt pull at all. check my radiator, and its all good, check my oil, no coolant. car idles and runs fine but after about 30mins of running, i get those symptoms written above. i havent check my compression but i know its ****.

ok time to rebuild. i want to build a realliable boosted b16a, what kind of pistons, rods, rings? what should i change while im at it. how much you guys think this will cost including labor. thanks

its going to be a daily driver@7psi max

92 cx
boosted b16a(temporarily down)

i need a cheap car, anyone selling one?
Old 04-28-2003, 11:02 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas
Default Re: after i week of boost, piston rings are gone. rebuilt on the way, what parts to get? (zzZZzzleep

A week? Sheeesh.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:04 PM

what kinda setup did you have?
Old 04-28-2003, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: after i week of boost, piston rings are gone. rebuilt on the way, what parts to get? (zzZZzzleep

hehe, same thing happened to me when i had my turbo on lasted me a week

mike
Old 04-29-2003, 12:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

geez all you people drive like maniacs haha
Old 04-29-2003, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok so where should i get parts? any good websites
Old 04-29-2003, 07:57 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Snafu-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A week? Sheeesh. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Mine lasted about 5 minutes before the rings went.... he's lucky he got a week!!!

LOL
Old 04-29-2003, 08:00 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zzZZzzleeperCX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well im getting smoke when i accelerate, my motors bogs, stutters and doesnt pull at all. check my radiator, and its all good, check my oil, no coolant. car idles and runs fine but after about 30mins of running, i get those symptoms written above. i havent check my compression but i know its ****. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Figure out why it went in the first place so it doesnt happen again.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
ok time to rebuild. i want to build a realliable boosted b16a,

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Reliable and turbo?? who are you kidding?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
what kind of pistons, rods, rings? what should i change while im at it. how much you guys think this will cost including labor. thanks
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do it yourself... Stan (Flamenco-T) and a bunch of others have done it and never did it before.. their first time was successfull...

its going to be a daily driver@7psi max
</TD></TR></TABLE>

don't lie to us.. hahahaahahahahahahah 7psi??

Who here is still on 7psi?

i need a cheap car, anyone selling one?</TD></TR></TABLE>

afterthought we have ALL had at one time....

** sorry man, just bustin your *****... **
Old 04-29-2003, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

actually now that I think of it, i broke my ringlands about 10-15 seconds into my first boosting attempt i couldn't figure out why there was oil on the front of the block haha...
Old 04-29-2003, 02:18 PM

i had the same problem thought it was my rings, it was a valve do comp and leakdown test then check it out. rebuilds are no joke