Notices

AFR, fuel pressure and timing on boosted ITR

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFR, fuel pressure and timing on boosted ITR

Hopefully getting my ITR on the road tomorrow I've got an Hondata base map on the ECU but can't get it mapped for a few weeks, but I've got a wideband so will keep an eye on the AFRs and just take it steady till its tuned properly.

So I've been told the timing should be retarded to 16 degrees before TDC with the service connector bridged - is that right? And fuel pressure should be around 38-40psi? And finally AFRs should be around 14 off boost, low 13s max with a bit of boost, and 11/12 max on full boost (which I won't be doing till tuned anyway)

Confirmation that I've been told correctly would be great

My setup:
T3/4 Drag kit
RC 440s
Adjustable FPR
Stock fuel pump
Hondata
Stock internals
Tial 38mm wastegate

Also the wastegate has a .5 bar spring - I'm concerned this will be too much boost for stock internals, is there anything I can do to lower this? I've got an Apexi AVCR but have been told I can't drop the boost lower than the WG spring?
Old 07-19-2004, 03:21 AM

Default Re: AFR, fuel pressure and timing on boosted ITR (angela_itr)

ttt
Old 07-19-2004, 05:00 AM

Can anyone offer me any advice? Its a big day for me tomorrow and I'd like to make sure we don't get anything horrible wrong...
Old 07-19-2004, 05:07 AM

Where are you getting it tuned, around Nottingham? Is there an authorised Hondata tuner near you? I know of one in the SE area in Kent.

Just leave your fuel pressure stock. You should be OK at around 7psi. I've ran mine around 10-11psi on bone stock block. Which basemap are you running? Timing should already be addressed depending on which base map you got..
Old 07-19-2004, 06:35 AM

Default Re: AFR, fuel pressure and timing on boosted ITR (swlabhot)

Are you talking about CPL Racing in Kent? Original plan was to go there but there's a couple of places that can do it now, Abbey Motorsport being one so may go there instead.

The basemap was done by a guy I know who has a copy of the Hondata tuning software. It was written for a boosted 1.8 with 440cc injectors. He told me to install the chip in the ECU, install the injectors, retard the timing as directed and then fire it up, keeping an eye on the AFR.

He says it should run well as it is, but obviously I want to check I'm working within the correct parameters.

Where are you from then, and have you got a turbo ITR? <edit - just seen your sig, duh!> Drop me an email if you get chance: angela.hooton@btinternet.com, I'd be interested to hear more