Notices

Aeromotive FPR + Stock Fuel Rail - Can I use a fitting like this.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeromotive FPR + Stock Fuel Rail - Can I use a fitting like this.....

I need to connect a hose to the fuel rail at the location of the stock FPR.

Does anyone know if I can use something like this? For a -6 AN hose. I just need to be able to thread something on there, I can use reducers/adapters after that.

Modified by slashDEVslashNULL at 9:19 PM 1/6/2004
Old 01-06-2004, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Aeromotive FPR + Stock Fuel Rail - Can I use a fitting like this..... (slashDEVslashNULL)

I haven't seen any flanges that adapt to what you are looking for. your best bet might be to pull off the stock fpr and tap the middle hole 1/8"NPT. I've done this before and it worked fine. Requires a little bigger drillbit to get the tap to go in there but it does work. then just get a 1/8"NPT > -6AN and you're set. Let me know if you don't have the tools, I can do one up real quick for ya, I have extra rails laying around and a drill press and tap handy.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Aeromotive FPR + Stock Fuel Rail - Can I use a fitting like this..... (RenoRacing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RenoRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I haven't seen any flanges that adapt to what you are looking for. your best bet might be to pull off the stock fpr and tap the middle hole 1/8"NPT. I've done this before and it worked fine. Requires a little bigger drillbit to get the tap to go in there but it does work. then just get a 1/8"NPT &gt; -6AN and you're set. Let me know if you don't have the tools, I can do one up real quick for ya, I have extra rails laying around and a drill press and tap handy. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Is there enough material on there to tap it? I don't remember exactly, but it looked pretty thin.

EDIT: What size drill bit do you use?

How much do you want for one of your rails already tapped? Wouldn't hurt to have an extra rail.

Modified by slashDEVslashNULL at 9:26 PM 1/6/2004
Old 01-06-2004, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Aeromotive FPR + Stock Fuel Rail - Can I use a fitting like this..... (slashDEVslashNULL)

**** man, $10 outta cover shipping and the paypal nonsense. I can go out and fix it up for ya rightnow if you'd like a picture or something. give me a minute.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Aeromotive FPR + Stock Fuel Rail - Can I use a fitting like this..... (RenoRacing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RenoRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**** man, $10 outta cover shipping and the paypal nonsense. I can go out and fix it up for ya rightnow if you'd like a picture or something. give me a minute. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks a lot man

If you give me your paypal I'll send you $10 tomorrow. I really appreciate this.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:03 PM

No problem man, that's what honda-techs all about. what's your addy?
Just to make sure, B series right?! I totally forgot to ask.
havokmob@yahoo.com I thought I had one of the fittings for ya too but I don't with -6an, only -4an and -8an.

one of these and you're set. or maybe a 90° to be safe but I think you got tons of room.
http://store.summitracing.com/...81662

Old 01-06-2004, 09:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RenoRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No problem man, that's what honda-techs all about. what's your addy?
Just to make sure, B series right?! I totally forgot to ask.
havokmob@yahoo.com I thought I had one of the fittings for ya too but I don't with -6an, only -4an and -8an.

one of these and you're set. or maybe a 90�??�?�° to be safe but I think you got tons of room.
http://store.summitracing.com/...81662

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks a lot! I will paypal you tomorrow and email you my address, I can't tell you how much I appreciate this

Oh yeah, it is b series.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bet it would work if you O-ringed it just like the stock FPR fitting is.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RenoRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I haven't seen any flanges that adapt to what you are looking for. your best bet might be to pull off the stock fpr and tap the middle hole 1/8"NPT. I've done this before and it worked fine. Requires a little bigger drillbit to get the tap to go in there but it does work. then just get a 1/8"NPT &gt; -6AN and you're set. Let me know if you don't have the tools, I can do one up real quick for ya, I have extra rails laying around and a drill press and tap handy. </TD></TR></TABLE>
5/16" drill bit to tap 1/8NPT
Old 01-07-2004, 08:58 AM

I just paypaled you, Thanks again
Old 01-07-2004, 09:02 AM

Cool man, I'll head down to the post office in a bit and ship it out to you, most likely priority if its under $6 or so.
Just want to make sure, that this is the address you want it sent to right?
**** Brighton Cove.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:18 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RenoRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cool man, I'll head down to the post office in a bit and ship it out to you, most likely priority if its under $6 or so.
Just want to make sure, that this is the address you want it sent to right?
**** Brighton Cove.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah , thanks.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:10 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 218 Likes on 196 Posts

Seen that done before...Looks great!!! Who needs the stock dinky FPR anyways...??!!
Old 01-07-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Aeromotive FPR + Stock Fuel Rail - Can I use a fitting like this..... (NVturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NVturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Who needs the stock dinky FPR anyways...??!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Who ever wants to save money and those who do not need to adjust their fuel pressure.

Old 02-06-2004, 12:13 AM

where do you get these stock fuel pressure regulator to an adapter fittings?
Old 02-06-2004, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Aeromotive FPR + Stock Fuel Rail - Can I use a fitting like this..... (turbogeekDA6)

He ended up just using a stock rail and then tapped the fpr port w/ a 1/8"npt tap and then thread in a -4 or -6an fitting and run it to an external mounted regulator like the aeromotive.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:56 AM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

why not a rail mounted Aeromotive FPR???????

EDIT: changed the address, one "freespace" server is down for maintainance.

Modified by Mista Bone at 3:12 PM 2/7/2004
Old 02-07-2004, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Aeromotive FPR + Stock Fuel Rail - Can I use a fitting like this..... (Mista Bone)

mista bone - i see red x's on the pic of the rail mount fpr. do u have a aeromotive part# or a link to it or something? im about to upgrade the fuel rail, fpr, lines, etc... any help is greatly appreciated
Old 02-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Aeromotive FPR + Stock Fuel Rail - Can I use a fitting like this..... (Mista Bone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mista Bone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why not a rail mounted Aeromotive FPR???????

</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is exactly what I'm doing...only with a GE fuel rail
Old 02-09-2004, 04:41 PM

It is not my thing.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mista Bone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why not a rail mounted Aeromotive FPR???????

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-09-2004, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Aeromotive FPR + Stock Fuel Rail - Can I use a fitting like this..... (Bryson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bryson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
This is exactly what I'm doing...only with a GE fuel rail </TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here

On a different note, how do this one differ from the one in the other pic above?
Old 02-09-2004, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Aeromotive FPR + Stock Fuel Rail - Can I use a fitting like this..... (AVATAR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AVATAR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Same here

On a different note, how do this one differ from the one in the other pic above?</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is the setup i wont