Notices

Aeromotive FP to sump the tank or run a large sock.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 02:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeromotive FP to sump the tank or run a large sock.

Hey all I’m still undecided on what to do with regards to setting up my new external aeromotive 1001 fuel pump.

Aeromotive say the pump needs to be gravity feed ie the pump mounted below the lowest point of the fuel tank, now iv seen some people suggest it doesn’t need to be mounted this way just trying to workout the best solution for my daily driven 11 second boosted del sol.

Option A
It seems there’s to ways it could be installed, using a very large fuel sock from some large car intank, run –8an or –10an lines from the sock out the top of the fuel tank into the pump mounted in the boot of the car, from there into a fuel surge tank, then to the fuel rain, then returning back to the top of the fuel tank.

Option B
Or making a sump in the stock fuel tank, by welding on a 1” high sump baffling it to help fuel starvation and running the pump either underneath the car (gravity feed) or again mount the fuel pump in the boot slightly higher than the fuel tank, but not as high if you were doing option A.

I like option A, only because I don’t like the fact of running fuel lines out of the sump near the ground due to possible bumps knocking it / destroying it.

Regards James
Old 09-12-2003, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Aeromotive FP to sump the tank or run a large sock. (BLKCRX)

bump..... need 2 work this out..