Notices

Aerodyne Turbo Kits: To be or Not to Be?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerodyne Turbo Kits: To be or Not to Be?

Hello all, I'm brand spanking new to this forum and I asked this question in Automotive Forums and I got no help so I'm coming to you guys for your opinions and experience with this turbo kit. (since i heard honda-tech is the best site for tech questions(ok, enuff kissing ***)) Here's the question:

During my daily routine I happened to come across a Aerodyne turbo kit (the turbo w/internal lubrication and no oil lines). I've been doing some research on it and I think for the engine I have in my car now it won't hurt. The kit has an big *** intercooler, piping, manifold, HKS BOV, and internal wastegate) I went to a website and it stated that this version that I have will produce 80-90 hp at 5 psi. I don't think it's a way to turn up the boost on the internal wastegate so I will basically be stuck with that. If anyone has any history with these kits please feel free to give your comments. I know I have to upgrade my fuel management and get some more pieces to make this kit complete like fittings, some cutting and welding for the downpipe (he welded it to 2.5 pipe to a muffler, no cat) and some other little ****.

I have the opportunity to buy it for $300, orignally costing this person 3 years ago 2k. He has since then took it off his SOHC and got a B16A2 and running a Drag turbo kit so he's been trying to get rid of it for a few years. Just been sitting in his garage collecting dust since everybody want's big power these days. I'm not saying I don't but for now with my budget I think this will be perfect. I just want to know is it worth it?

Oh yeah, the turbo is pretty small so it has really no turbo lag, it will spool up fast and then top out and no top end power, I know that also. So for track races I should do much better but I know not to expect much on the highway.

FnkDrSpok

Old 10-04-2003, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Aerodyne Turbo Kits: To be or Not to Be? (FnkDrSpok)

Can someone please help me? I really need to know if this is a good idea or not.

FnkDrSpok
Old 10-04-2003, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Aerodyne Turbo Kits: To be or Not to Be? (FnkDrSpok)

For $300? Pick it up.

I like the idea of a turbo with no oil lines...since that seems to be the number one problem of people with turbos...oiling problems.