Notices

Aem fic crank pulse sensor wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aem fic crank pulse sensor wiring

Hi. im working on my first fi project which is a turbonetics t3/t4 and im going to use an aem fic 6 to run it. Does anybody know about wiring into the cyp, tdc, and ckp(crank) sensors? Wires are labelled ckpp and ckpm. Bottom line is three different signals to ecm, do i wire in all three and will aem delay them all equally? they are mag type but what is ckpp vs ckpm ? Is one a grounding input and one the meas pulse? and also my manual is 97-99, seems like 2001 has some differences, anyone what type of stuff? does anyone have experience w the aem in an 00/01? thanks for any help
Old 06-02-2015, 04:29 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Aem fic crank pulse sensor wiring

The ckp sensor should be on the oil pump. It's nothing more than a secondary timing signal that the ecu uses to monitor for fluctuations in the timing signal from the distributor. The signals you need are the ones from the distributor. The tdc sensor (tells the ecu when cylinder 1 is at TDC) and the sensor that tells the distributor to generate a spark for each cylinder ( it has 4 teeth). I'm not sure if the fic needs the 3rd sensor which has a crazy amount of teeth.

Your best answers will come from either calling AEM directly (their tech staff is actually very helpful over the phone) or to post in their support forum.

However why do you want to use the FIC? Your build can easily be managed using a chipped obd1 ecu and conversion harness. Depending on what software you use it can be considerably less expensive than the FIC and you have much more control and flexibility with tuning. Your build doesn't sound terribly exotic and could easily be run by your stock obd2 ecu and pass emissions by putting the stock injectors and map sensor back in and simply pull the spring out of the wastegate or unhook a charge pipe.

You are trying to over complicate and convolute a fairly easy and straightforward process unnecessarily. I'm sure others will agree.