Notices

AEM EMS, who has one, you like it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM EMS, who has one, you like it?

Anyone running one here?

How do you like it so far?

Problems tuning/setting it up?

Everybody raves about it on the AEM board of course but I am looking for some "real" feedback... I am Looking for a S-A for my next project and leaning toward it... especeially with some avail at around 1k$ used...

It would be for a boosted(15+PSI) D16Z6 BTW.

Thanks for the feedbacks.
Old 03-29-2003, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM EMS, who has one, you like it? (Skyllz)

Absolutely love it This was my first standalone setup so I have nothing to compare it to, but I really love tweaking it and learning as I go. I had a few bad coil drivers which were difficult for the tuner to figure out, but after that tuning went pretty quick and turned out quite well. I bought an FJO wideband and I tweak my maps and all now for fun, it will pay for itself over time. It has so many features it is really a great value for the price you pay. My car runs awesome now, no issues at all. The AEM board is really helpful when you have issues or need some assistance, their engineers respond to questions extremely fast. I was lucky enough to have an excellent AEM tuner do the initial tune and install, be sure you have someone local that is very experienced with the EMS because some people run into problems with tuners that claim they can tune the EMS but really can't. If there is a good local EMS tuner then you are set. I paid about $330 for the install, coil driver debugging, and a good amount of wideband street tuning. Seems pretty comparable to what the Hondata guys are paying. AEM EMS
Old 03-29-2003, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM EMS, who has one, you like it? (mskibbz-T)

I totally agree with Mskibbz. The EMS coupled with an FJO is great, it saves sooo much dyno time cause you can tune your fuel anytime!
Skibbs, I'd like to see your Spark/ignition map. I've been playing around with mine, combining the base map with the 12psi gsr map thats posted on the aem board. Im going to the 1/4 tomorrow, so I'll see what gives better times between the two.

Bottoz
Old 03-29-2003, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM EMS, who has one, you like it? (Bottoz)

i wouldnt trade mine for anything