Notices

AEM EMS vs. Hondata vs. FMU vs. Greddy E-manage vs. Missing Link vs. any FMS

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM EMS vs. Hondata vs. FMU vs. Greddy E-manage vs. Missing Link vs. any FMS

I've got my kit down, a Maxrev from KS-motorsports for 2.4k. I plan on boosting 12psi max on my stock LS swapped into a 97 hatch. Now I need Fuel Management, along with a boost and EGT meter and a new bezel, and some custom exhaust piping and I'll be set. I live in Chicago, and I know most of the shops pretty well and have a good customer relashanship with most of them, and they all admit that they can't properly tune a Hondata 2b w/ RC 440's well at all. And trust me I've talked to them for hours about it. I wanted Hondata because it's cheap and most of you guys seem to get along well with it (in Cali) and, more importantly it's cheap. Cheap is good, unreliable is even worse, so I need my options and your opinions. This is basically a AEM EMS vs. Hondata 2b vs. Fuel pump vs. Greddy E-manage vs. Missing Link, or whatever else you can throw at me. Hopefully at the end of this post I'll have my FMS figured out and can start ordering parts. Boyakasha, respect.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the 2b is outdated by about a year now... the s200/b is what you should be looking at.
If your shop can't tune it, there are plenty who can. it might cost you a drive, but it will be well worth it. and if your shop can't figure out hondata, i really doubt i'd trust them with anything over installing an intake

that said, i think the hondata s200 is exactly what you need. if you want to hit 12 psi, you need the GM 3-bar as well. so make sure you get your hondata base map setup for it
Old 06-09-2003, 03:25 AM

Default Re: (pissedoffsol)

Seeing how i used to live out there. If you are looking at the shops in the Burbs, I am sure I know which ones you speak of, and i am sure, they CAN tune it, its just them trying to get you to buy there AEM EMS systems. Which I have seen magically work done with.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:51 PM

Default Re: (vw-honda-hatches)

Well I talked to Pat at Garage Kwai and he said that they haven't even tuned a Hondata yet, and i'd be getting the EMS from somewhere else anyways. The maxrev kit comes with Hondata S200B for $2900 and I think that price rocks. So now I need to know if any of these shops can do it. Could you recommend some places?
Old 06-09-2003, 04:52 PM

Default Re: (sk!tz0)

Talk to AMS.