Notices

Aem Ems Users: Maybe I'm an Idiot or something, but I just can't get my Ems to Connect

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 04:52 PM
On Fire!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aem Ems Users: Maybe I'm an Idiot or something, but I just can't get my Ems to Connect

So I get my ems on friday and decided to plug it in today and try it out and also just get a feel for it, so I carry my home Pc out to the garage and get it all plugged in, I also get the ecu plugged in and everything load the software and go to configure it but it sais that my configuration file is missing so I'm like "GREAT".

I log onto the ems forum and find out that you don't really even need it to so I just downloaded one of the maps from the cd and used it and everything from there went great but than when I went to connect with the ecu it wouldn't work at all.
So now all day today I have been messing with my computer and all the parallell ports trying to get this thing connected but nothing, than I'm like fine no problem I get back on the Ems forum and do about 10 searches and came up with nothing that really seas how to fix this thing..

Now I will admit I did get the thing to connect once and it lasted for a couple of seconds but that was it. But right now my pump isn't priming nor are my injectors making any noises..

Someone please help me at least get this thing to connect....

Adi
Old 10-20-2002, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Aem Ems Users: Maybe I'm an Idiot or something, but I just can't get my Ems to Connect (newgsr)

well first of all are you sure your serial port settings are correct...
Old 10-20-2002, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Aem Ems Users: Maybe I'm an Idiot or something, but I just can't get my Ems to Connect (bmm89)

you have to turn the key to "on" position!
Old 10-20-2002, 07:37 PM
On Fire!

Default Re: Aem Ems Users: Maybe I'm an Idiot or something, but I just can't get my Ems to Connect (bmm89)

well first of all are you sure your serial port settings are correct...
Yep, they are correct...

Hondaddict
you have to turn the key to "on" position!
"No ****" Sherlock On position???? What is it your talkin about??
You have to have keyes to start a car???

Save the dumb comments please

Adi
Old 10-20-2002, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Aem Ems Users: Maybe I'm an Idiot or something, but I just can't get my Ems to Connect (newgsr)

..umm..
yeah..
you need to have the CAR keys in the car with it on(but dont start the car)...(im sure you know this)
do you have the right PORT selected(ECU menu)????
i know i didnt at first.it wouldnt connect...took me a few minutes to figure it out.
make sure you follow the directions fully..(im sure you did though)
hmm other than the port, i dunno what it could be.
sorry if my post wasnt much help.. I cant think right now..its late and its been a while since i messed with myaem.
Old 10-21-2002, 06:08 AM
On Fire!

Default Re: Aem Ems Users: Maybe I'm an Idiot or something, but I just can't get my Ems to Connect (SiRkid)

..umm..
yeah..
you need to have the CAR keys in the car with it on(but dont start the car)...(im sure you know this)
do you have the right PORT selected(ECU menu)????
i know i didnt at first.it wouldnt connect...took me a few minutes to figure it out.
make sure you follow the directions fully..(im sure you did though)
hmm other than the port, i dunno what it could be.
sorry if my post wasnt much help.. I cant think right now..its late and its been a while since i messed with myaem.
I read all of the instructions before I even hooked the ems up to the harness and than read them again and followed them step by step but its still not connecting.
And my ports are definitly correct...

Does anybody have any other oppinions on this..??

Help me Please...

Adi
Old 10-21-2002, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what version are you running on your pc?
Old 10-21-2002, 08:29 AM
On Fire!

Default Re: Aem Ems Users: Maybe I'm an Idiot or something, but I just can't get my Ems to Connect (SiRkid)

If your talking about the Operating System its XP Home.
Adi
Old 10-21-2002, 08:45 AM

Are you using a USB adapter?
Verify that the correct serial port is checked
When you turn the key to the on position, do the usual sounds occur? Try connecting it to another car, if the problem persists, then send it back to aem, maybe the unit is defective.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Aem Ems Users: Maybe I'm an Idiot or something, but I just can't get my Ems to Connect (Canuk_Si

did your computer ever freeze while it was loading a map? mine did that, and it wouldnt connect, the ems would not do anything. i had to send it back to aem, they cleared its memory i think and it worked after that. so if your computer froze or you had any problems while uploading case closed, send it back to aem to be "fixed". if this is not your problem well then good luck!
Old 10-21-2002, 09:27 AM
On Fire!

Default Re: Aem Ems Users: Maybe I'm an Idiot or something, but I just can't get my Ems to Connect (Canuk_Si

What I think happened is when I was loading one of the maps I accidentally interrupted the session by clicking on something and now the ems is not responding at all..

Basicly what I need to have done is get the EEPROM chip reflashed by Aem or use some kind of software to do it...
I would preferr just reflashing it my self if I had something to reflash it with, sending the thing out I think is a bigger headache for me..

I have been trying to read on that Aem Ems forum about stuff but everything is so darn confusing and I just can't figure out what is going on..

Adi
Old 10-21-2002, 09:34 AM

What I think happened is when I was loading one of the maps I accidentally interrupted the session by clicking on something and now the ems is not responding at all..

Now you have to call AEM and see what they can do for you.. they might be able to flash the computer over the phone, or u'll have to send the computer into them and they will flash it for you.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:34 AM

so you interrupted the ecu when you were uploading a calibration huh!?

No **** sherlock you shouldn't do that!

Old 10-21-2002, 07:35 PM

well that will do it... yes, you might have to send it back, but try the new firmware and software, and reflash, it may just take...
Old 10-21-2002, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i meant the aem firmwear..thats ok though..
sounds like you messed it up when uploading..
Old 10-22-2002, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

pretty much what i thought. let us know if you can fix it yourself, that would make things much easier!