Default AEM EMS and Hondata (JRSC B18C1) [plots inside]

'95 B18C1
*7.5ish psi
*AEM CAI V2.0
*Kamikaze 4-1
*2.5 inch straight cat-back with "Turbo" muffler
*440cc injectors

------------------------------------------------------------------
AEM EMS (P1 Automotive map, 2hrs of tuning)

AEM EMS over the Hondata 3B (Hondata provided JRSC map)

AEM EMS data

Hondata data

note: In Hondata's defense, the Hondata was not tuned on site by us.

Enjoy

Old 02-11-2004, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many hours of tuning did u go with the hondata, they guys u went to might of been AEM Tunners and Not Hondata Tunners

So AEM EMS Made
184.3 Hp and 132.3 TQ with 2 Hours Of tuning
Hondata Made
137.9hp 11.5.7 TQ with ?? Hours of Tunign or just the Hondata Base Map

Thats Kinda of unfair to run a tuned EMS vs a Basemap hondata
Old 02-11-2004, 10:33 AM
TurboJesse

Default Re: (Quad-Damge)

where are the dyno's after teh JRSC was installed?
Old 02-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM EMS and Hondata (JRSC B18C1) [plots inside] (B18CXr)

good comparison.......i guess nothing beats a custom tune
Old 02-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats Kinda of unfair to run a tuned EMS vs a Basemap hondata

note my second to last statemtent in the post.....

never claimed this to be a "Hondata/EMS shootout" just providing people with data.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats Kinda of unfair to run a tuned EMS vs a Basemap hondata</TD></TR></TABLE>

I love my EMS, but that is a damn slanted AEM vs. Hondata comparison you just made Both systems are capable of tuning our boosted Hondas well, I don't see how one could "make" more power than the other, its the tune not the hardware.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (B18CXr)

Both systems are capable of tuning our boosted Hondas well

very true but plug and play is

once again, just providing people with data.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM EMS and Hondata (JRSC B18C1) [plots inside] (B18CXr)

Thats wierd b/c when we ran my hondata and AEM EMS back to back on the dyno. The AEM EMS only produced one more HP then the hondata. Your graphs do not make sence how there can be that much of a difference.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mskibbz-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mskibbz-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I love my EMS, but that is a damn slanted AEM vs. Hondata comparison you just made Both systems are capable of tuning our boosted Hondas well, I don't see how one could "make" more power than the other, its the tune not the hardware.</TD></TR></TABLE>Both systems may be able to tune well, but the act of tuning is a completly different story. I had a Hondata and trying to get it tuned was a nightmare. Oh, yeah you need a data logger and a data cable and a eprom burner and some other stuff that Hondata never made the effort to completly list (unless you wanted to spend hours trying to search their chat forums which I still have never received a straight answer). And by the time you bought all the extra crap, well, your at the same price level a a plug n' play AEM. There's no compairison IMO. I am so glad I sold my Hondata.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:08 AM

Default Re: AEM EMS and Hondata (underpressure02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats wierd b/c when we ran my hondata and AEM EMS back to back on the dyno. The AEM EMS only produced one more HP then the hondata. Your graphs do not make sence how there can be that much of a difference. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats cuz he's Jack! j/k
Nice graph jack.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mpir3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mpir3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where are the dyno's after teh JRSC was installed?</TD></TR></TABLE>The compression test on this car was 190:205:205:165
I'd say there are a few more horses to be gained.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mrlegoman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrlegoman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Both systems may be able to tune well, but the act of tuning is a completly different story. I had a Hondata and trying to get it tuned was a nightmare. Oh, yeah you need a data logger and a data cable and a eprom burner and some other stuff that Hondata never made the effort to completly list (unless you wanted to spend hours trying to search their chat forums which I still have never received a straight answer). And by the time you bought all the extra crap, well, your at the same price level a a plug n' play AEM. There's no compairison IMO. I am so glad I sold my Hondata. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol you're the first person ive ever heard say getting hondata tuned was a nightmare.

For one, I know both systems better than most people on the board, and while I like the EMS better because of the extra features. I can tune a hondata system much much faster. There are no idle maps to dick w/, no accel pump settings, no start up changes. W/ hondata, its cake walk. I can make a car w/ 1000cc injectors idle perfect w/ hondata in about 5 minutes.

for the non tuners, all it costs them is the s200b (roughly a good deal at 425) an obd1 chipped ecu, and the cost of tuning.

vs. if your going to tune yourself. you would need hondata s200b, rom editor, chip burner, and if you really want to make life easy a romulator (of course a wideband unless you have a dyno)

now add all that up, and thats about the same cost of an EMS. so you're right there, but for the non tuners, hondata is pretty cheap, and very effective for most people.

As said early in the thread, underpressure and I have done REAL useable tests between the two systems, and the outputs were nearly identical.

Old 02-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
this data is useless.
it's providing a base map graph for hondata and a tuned map for AEM.

i mean damn look at the boost plot and A/F plot on the hondata map...lol, no wonder you've got another 50hp on the AEM map.

You take a properly tuned hondata map (at least with a similar A/F plot) with that same engine setup and then I'd take more notice.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree this data is totally useless. You are comparing Apples to Oranges. If you wanted to do a comparison, you could have atleast done basemap to basemap. Even then you're flirting w/ danger....

For one, If i'm reading these graphs right, you're insane for even boosting on a BASEMAP. By the looks of it AFR is reading like 14.5:1 at 5 psi. Even at full boost, your AFR's are way too lean. I sure hope im reading these graphs wrong.

Second, your 'tuned' aem map looks to be running quite lean down low as well. you might want to richen it up

No wonder this motor has shitty compression
Old 02-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18CXr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18CXr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
once again, just providing people with data.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Providing tuned AEM outputs versus an untuned Hondata setup with AFR all over the place? Possibly you would care to explain your intent with providing these two disparate utterly unrelated blurbs of information, because frankly I don't understand a reason for this thread to exist.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: (J. Davis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't understand a reason for this thread to exist. </TD></TR></TABLE>
And I agree...