Notices

AEM EMS HELP! AEM Experts please chime in.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM EMS HELP! AEM Experts please chime in.

Well I am down here in Cali on vacation and there is 1 car I have had a huge problem with. All my other tuning sessions have gone great soo far, but this one has me all troubled. The AEM EMS forum is slow, but I know there are a few smart EMS guys on here that might be able to shed some light on this.

I am tuning a 2RZ that has a 1010 box wired to it. The setup is from Paradise Racing and has their 12 tooth crank trigger on it. The AEM BOX is the box they used in their race car. Only difference between the 2rz I am tuning and Paradise Racing is the ignition system. Paradise was using the AEM CDI while my friends Tacoma is running the stock wasted spark setup.

With the map that Paradise Racing was using I was able to modifiy it to work with my friends car. The only problem is I am getting a massive amount of timing errors and it seems that the car has a hesistation or mis in the upper 2500rpm range. The car idles, and drive..but the power is just not smooth.

Also I discussed this with JDOGG and AEM TECH and the Ignition Phasing that Paradise racing has inputed is kinda weird and is nothing close to what a 4cyl should be running.

Firing order is 1,3,4,2

Coil 1 fires Cylinder 1 and 4
Coil 2 fires Cylinder 2 and 3

24 Fuel Teeth and 24 Spark Teeth

I will attach both the Paradise Racing Calibration and my calibration.

Paradise Racing Ignition Phasing
Pickupdelay Comp 100.00
Ign Tooth #01 21.00 TEETH
Ign Tooth #02 15.00 TEETH
Ign Tooth #06 9.00 TEETH
Ign Tooth +07 3.00 TEETH

AEM TECH
Ign Tooth #01 0 TEETH
Ign Tooth #02 6.00 TEETH
Ign Tooth #06 12.00 TEETH
Ign Tooth +07 18.00 TEETH

JDOGG
Ign Tooth #01 6.00 TEETH
Ign Tooth #02 0 TEETH
Ign Tooth #06 18.00 TEETH
Ign Tooth #07 12.00 TEETH

The car will start with the Paradise Racing Calibration with the way the Ignition Phasing is setup, but it does not make sense. What JDOGG and AEM TECH have come up with it should work and start and be the proper Ignition Phasing, but it will not start. Anyone can shed some light in this.

AEM said to try to close the air gap between the cank sensor and trigger wheel, but it's fixed. If I could just get over this hurdle I could get the damn thing fully tuned.