Notices

AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ?

i have b16a2 block 84mm Pistons and i want to buy Sleeve but i can not Chose aebs T-sleeves or Darton mid sleeves becouse i do 30psi + nos

Which one can i choose ?
Old 08-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ? (oz`Vtec)

If your in the states send your block to Bensons Performance Machine.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:49 AM

Default Re: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ? (VenGeanceDrag)

Did you even do any research before you made this post?

1) AEBS is no longer in business. Pretty hard for them to sleeve your block if they don't exist anymore.

2) Darton makes sleeves, but don't install them. You need someone to install the sleeves, you can't just buy them and stuff them into your motor.

3) Finally, here's a great link to help you out, with all the info you need about sleeves and where to go for them.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ? (b16sedan)

aebs went out of buisness, when the **** did this happen??!?!?!

btw, i rock darton mid sleeves, i love them
Old 08-01-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ? (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">aebs went out of buisness, when the **** did this happen??!?!?!

btw, i rock darton mid sleeves, i love them</TD></TR></TABLE>

There was a thread posted by Boostfed I think it was a little while ago about this. I tried calling and got no answer, plus check out http://www.aebsracing.com
Old 08-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ? (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">aebs went out of buisness, when the **** did this happen??!?!?!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd Like to know where this RUMOR was started?? I live out by AEBS, That's the biggest load of **** i've heard. there expanding to New jersey and they are still going to be in japan and san diego, so where the hell are you getting your INFO?? it couldn't have been AEBS themselves. I've called them and Group5motorsports. they laugh about it.

I like both sleeve's. both are very strong. AEBS sleeve's are used more than Darton out here. that's tight that live near both AEBS and Darton and have a chance to check out both facilities.

if anyone else HAS DOUBT's give either shop a call; AEBS (858) 693-3200 or group5motorsports @ (858) 693-3278.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ? (smoovy)

I can vouch this too( sd local)I have gsr t sleeved
Old 05-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ? (b16sedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16sedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you even do any research before you made this post?

1) AEBS is no longer in business. Pretty hard for them to sleeve your block if they don't exist anymore.

2) Darton makes sleeves, but don't install them. You need someone to install the sleeves, you can't just buy them and stuff them into your motor.

3) Finally, here's a great link to help you out, with all the info you need about sleeves and where to go for them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dartons 'East' facility does sleeve installs. http://www.darton-international.com/sb_assy.htm
Old 05-08-2007, 06:50 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ? (eh3 93)

thread is 2 years old but ok
Old 05-08-2007, 07:16 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ? (DfwBB6)

My friend worked at AEBS and he told me that all the good guys that worked there were fired or quit. He told me they are whack and not to get anything from them as he has seen everything first hand. Also, AEBS does not sleeve blocks. They send it to a local shop in Santee to have it sleeved. I personally would never use any of there crap. Darton's MID's are hands down one of the best sleeves out there.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:23 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ? (SD_Lurker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SD_Lurker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My friend worked at AEBS and he told me that all the good guys that worked there were fired or quit. He told me they are whack and not to get anything from them as he has seen everything first hand. Also, AEBS does not sleeve blocks. They send it to a local shop in Santee to have it sleeved. I personally would never use any of there crap. Darton's MID's are hands down one of the best sleeves out there. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ok so why did i just get my block back sleeved with no problems if they are such a **** company???????

Old 05-08-2007, 08:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eh3 93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dartons 'East' facility does sleeve installs. http://www.darton-international.com/sb_assy.htm</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct.

Darton just started installing sleeves as of recently.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DfwBB6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok so why did i just get my block back sleeved with no problems if they are such a **** company???????

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...k/DSC00443.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...k/DSC00448.jpg</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is funny...considering everyone seems to think AEBS went out of business lol.

Ahh...sigh.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:50 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ? (DfwBB6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DfwBB6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok so why did i just get my block back sleeved with no problems if they are such a **** company???????

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow you obviously didn't read what I said! AEBS does not sleeve the blocks They send it to a local machine shop to have them sleeved and then they put there name on it. I know the owner of the machine shop and the guy that sleeves the blocks. BTW what did you pay for those sleeves? I think the guy sleeves them with t-sleeves for 800 final bore and hone.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SD_Lurker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Wow you obviously didn't read what I said! AEBS does not sleeve the blocks They send it to a local machine shop to have them sleeved and then they put there name on it. I know the owner of the machine shop and the guy that sleeves the blocks. BTW what did you pay for those sleeves? I think the guy sleeves them with t-sleeves for 800 final bore and hone. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Is the guy's name Milan over in Lakeside area? I think Accurate Machine?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:45 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ? (guymosiris)

yes sir accurate machine.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SD_Lurker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes sir accurate machine. </TD></TR></TABLE>

owned?
Old 05-09-2007, 04:45 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SD_Lurker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also, AEBS does not sleeve blocks. They send it to a local shop in Santee to have it sleeved. I personally would never use any of there crap. Darton's MID's are hands down one of the best sleeves out there. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, we know they send it elsewhere so what? You say that AEBS sleeves are crap compared to Darton's MIDS is this what u are insinuating?
Old 05-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eh3 93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dartons 'East' facility does sleeve installs. http://www.darton-international.com/sb_assy.htm</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sleeve installation is also available at the Carlsbad, Ca. location.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:41 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ? (Darton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Darton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sleeve installation is also available at the Carlsbad, Ca. location.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Since when? I was told by a gentleman who worked at Darton that you send it to a guy in Oceanside to have the sleevles installed. Did you guys recently get the proper machinery for installation?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DfwBB6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, we know they send it elsewhere so what? You say that AEBS sleeves are crap compared to Darton's MIDS is this what u are insinuating?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wouldn't say crap compared to Darton but yes Darton's are better. The new design on the MID's are pretty amazing. If your happy with AEBS's (Acurrate Machine's) sleeves then cool. I simply stated that there business has gone to **** and that I would never use any of there crap.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got my AEBS sleeves done by Z10 in NJ.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:29 AM

Default Re: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ? (Big Teggie)

I have Darton MID's in my B18c...i bought it already sleeved,but i think it was done at Unnatural inc...http://www.unnaturalinc.com/
Old 05-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SD_Lurker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes sir accurate machine. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea Milan at Accurate machine does AEBS sleeving. He also did my block. The other thing, AEBS uses LA sleeves according to Milan. Not saying theres anything wrong with LA sleeves. Just thought Id put it out there but some prob know already.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea Milan at Accurate machine does AEBS sleeving. He also did my block. The other thing, AEBS uses LA sleeves according to Milan. Not saying theres anything wrong with LA sleeves. Just thought Id put it out there but some prob know already.</TD></TR></TABLE>

back to life...

just an fyi i got my blocked sleeved with LA Sleeves(aebs) and it looks great. Hopefully runs great. Will find out soon.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ? (mitsuman)

sorry i had to do it
Old 12-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ? (ScorpioMk)

reserection is better than reincarnation!!

Quick Reply: AEBS T-Sleevess OR Darton Mid Sleeves ?