Notices

to aebs or magnus... that's the question

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to aebs or magnus... that's the question

so first off i have an internally bone stock b18c (sivtec) swap in my del sol, Garrett gt2860rs, frontmount, rc550's, 7psi on crome (building the bottom end before too long). i am currently undecided on which intake manifold i want. I realize that these two manifolds are in different price brackets and entirely different animals as far as construction goes. however the real question for me is iacv. It is more important to me that i maintain a nice torque curve than high top end numbers. However i am unsure about deleting the iacv. I know i can fab a block off plate and disable it in crome. plus the car only gets driven in the summer months, as a fun car more than anything... you know hitting the back *** country twisty roads, not a track trailer queen or drag car. But i don't want it to be complete pain in the *** either.

so i suppose what i am asking is weather or not i can get a decent idle out of it without the iacv as required by the magnus manifold, and is the aebs manifold cast for iacv?

thanks in advance for your thoughts and input.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: to aebs or magnus... that's the question

I had an AEBS some years ago and the quality left A LOT to be desired. Some of the threads pulled right out of the manifold. I wouldn't recommend running one based ont eh quality of material and roughness of the casting.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol thats not even a question.

Call Magnus and ask them about the IACV mounting plate they make. You'll be good. Best working manifold Ive ever used.

I dont even use an IACV on my car and it idles absolutely mint, never once has the car stalled out on me.

905-669-8400 Magnus
Old 02-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

haha, yea i suppose it's not much of a question... just looking for other's input. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would think its going to depend more on the engine management as to running with or w/o a iacv. honda ecu based management doesnt really idle well without a iacv just an fyi from my experience. there are plenty of manifolds aftermaret that adapt to the iacv though. victor x bbk golden eagle and the magnus has the adapter
Old 02-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone have any pics of the magnus iacv adapter?
most likely going with the magnus. the quality of craftsmanship on that thing is just astounding. I love when function produces form.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aebs manifolds work awesome, and yes it has an iac provision. its even pre drilled for both bolt spacings for different iacv's. good luck finding one though, i believe they stopped producing them.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i looked at the magnus mani but i think it has to much plenum volume for my motor needs and now im taking a look at the BBK manifold os another option