Notices

accord turbo guys help me!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accord turbo guys help me!!

ok, so i test fit my spoolinturbo manni and t3/t turbo on my 95 accord. looks liek i will need to either trim or bend the front motor mount bracket, not to mention get a longer radiator hoseand a heat shield for the a/c lines. another thing, how do i go about running the ic piping? i cant fit it through the hole where the PS cooler lines run, theres just not any room, nor wil lit work cause my front mount is 31" wide, its a honker.

any ideas??
Old 05-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: accord turbo guys help me!! (Superorb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Superorb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok, so i test fit my spoolinturbo manni and t3/t turbo on my 95 accord. looks liek i will need to either trim or bend the front motor mount bracket, not to mention get a longer radiator hoseand a heat shield for the a/c lines. another thing, how do i go about running the ic piping? i cant fit it through the hole where the PS cooler lines run, theres just not any room, nor wil lit work cause my front mount is 31" wide, its a honker.

any ideas??</TD></TR></TABLE>

*Some people trim a lil metal from the mount, but it all depends on the size of the turbo and how your manifold positions it....
*The heat shield for the AC lines are a good idea.
*The lil holes where the PS lines go trough you'll have to trim them open, some people send one of the intercooler pipes from the drivers side, then intercooler, then passanger side to manifold... your call
Old 05-09-2004, 04:11 PM

well, i wanna do them on the drivers side, but i cant figure out where to run the piping. i drove around all day w/ the condensor fan unhooked w/ the air on, and it didnt get any hotter than normal, so i think if i remove that fan, than i should have a lil more room for piping. not fair how the civics and tegs dont have that tdammed front x-member where we do, they have sooo much more space. i think ima cut a hole and take out the squirter reservoir and run the piping that way.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Superorb)

trim the front motor mount is about your only choice there. (luckily I did not have to do this although it was a concern with my manifold almost).

I ran my ic piping through where the windshield wiper res. was... obviously you have to use a hole saw or knock out punch to make a big enough hole through. I would route that through and around to the cooler... then from the cooler around the other side and up through were the oe intake resonator was... up through the whole above it into the engine bay and back to the tb.

clock your turbo accordingly if need be to get it lined up.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:28 AM

ya, i welded the cold side piping already b4 xmas for the old 5th gen, this one i gotta do all the work on... fuel pump install is a bitch, im gonna cut the trunk to get to the pump this time, im not goin through the hell of droppin the tank again. as for the hot side, i'll likely do what you and i both said, b/c the front mount is so long... we'll see tough.

thanks for the help guys
Old 05-10-2004, 06:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: accord turbo guys help me!! (Superorb)

Lets see some pics - I'm about to go through this as well. I'm using a drag mani though. Not sure if the front mount will be in the way or not as I know it sits the turbo up pretty high.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:40 AM

gainsville eh? im in tallahassee... i dont have a digi cam ,but yur welcome to come see when i put more parts on