Notices

About to start a turbo project - question about engine management

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to start a turbo project - question about engine management

First off, i've been out of the "game" for a while(about a year), finishing college and adjusting to normal life and such. So i've probably missed out on some things that might have been beneficial to my build... but thats why i'm posting this.

Car: 91 civic dx HB - DX to SI allready done currently has d16a6

Motor : all stock JDM dohc ZC
- I'm staying stock internals for now. With the expectation to rebuild at a later point. This ZC is clean too, i hand picked it from soko in chicago.
Injectors: DSM 450cc
Turbo: Mitsu 14b very clean with no shaft play
Manifold: CRX HF w/ adapter plate
Intercooler : CCA FMIC - fits EF bumper perfect.
BOV: DSM 1g w/ flange.
I allready have : boost gauge, oil lines, e-cutout, Turbo outlet flange.

I've bought a mig welder and bought 3" u bend with the intention to build my own downpope with cutout and flex section, then coupple with a 2.25" mandrel quiet exhaust setup (i've allready bought the u bends for that also)

My question is about engine management, I am planning on staying OBD0, but my engine needs a dizzy right now, so converting to OBD1 wouldnt be too hard. I just need to know what would be better to use from a tuning standpoint. I will definately be buying a wideband (LC-1) and using that with my laptop in the car. But i'm not sure what to go with here for management.

if i were to go OBD0 - i've read a little about turboedit, and ostrich. so i'd be leaning toward one of the kits from xenocron.

if i were to go OBD1 - I would probably go uberdata, and im not sure of ostrich works with that or not.

Well, thats enough for now. I'll check back later to answer questions.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you're doing the tuning, crome or uberdata will be fine. if someone else is doing the tuning, figure out what they can tune and get that.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: About to start a turbo project - question about engine management (EFbomb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EFbomb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
if i were to go OBD0 - i've read a little about turboedit, and ostrich. so i'd be leaning toward one of the kits from xenocron.

if i were to go OBD1 - I would probably go uberdata, and im not sure of ostrich works with that or not.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would reccomend going OBD1 and using either uberdata or crome/crome pro. It seems as though uberdata support is dieing out and no new updates/releases are coming whereas crome seems to have alot of support and backing.