Notices

About to get my LS! Boost questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to get my LS! Boost questions

I have a 93' Sol.I ordered my B18b LS motor today from JDM Engine depot. After i get it in about 1-2 weeks, im buying my ARP head stud kit, stage 3 clutch and Koyo radiator. I plan on buying a Greddy Kit shortly after... i see that they only come with 310 cc injectors though.. I plan on getting my s300 Hondata and tune from Evans tuning. Will i/ Should i make changes to my set up to get maximum output... please send me all your input guys. I highly appreciate it.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:56 PM

Default Re: About to get my LS! Boost questions

ya dont buy a greddy kit. buy a sls kit. straightlinespecialties.com buy the one with 57 trim turbo and manifold of your choice... will make good power but still need to get injectors and a map sensor
Old 02-27-2009, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by 94c1v1cex
ya dont buy a greddy kit. buy a sls kit. straightlinespecialties.com buy the one with 57 trim turbo and manifold of your choice... will make good power but still need to get injectors and a map sensor
Are u sure about this? I heard the geddys a good deal because it comes with the Blue box and fuel management. Correct me if I'm wrong
Old 02-27-2009, 02:48 AM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you've got the money you can do better than a greddy kit.. Are you looking to keep a/c and p/s?

I'm running a .57 trim t3 t04e on my boosted b20 and i know several people who are running the same turbo on LS swapped cars.. i'm tuned all the way to 11lbs, but currently only running 6-8 due to slipping clutch.

It sounds like your on the right track though.. what stage 3 clutch are you going with? koyo is a real good radiator.. Just make sure you have a good tuner and get a good tune..I wish i could afford s300

Just be sure to take care of it.. always check your oil and coolant and keep it properly maintained and it should last a while

They're really fun daily drivers.

Oh and you can also go to the forced induction forum and read up.. browse the the [faq] and try to learn as much as possible.. might find answers to some questions you may have
Old 02-27-2009, 03:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Nj_Sol PWR
Are u sure about this? I heard the geddys a good deal because it comes with the Blue box and fuel management. Correct me if I'm wrong
you dont need any of that if your going with s300, I would also get another kit.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy
If you've got the money you can do better than a greddy kit.. Are you looking to keep a/c and p/s?

It sounds like your on the right track though.. what stage 3 clutch are you going with? koyo is a real good radiator.. Just make sure you have a good tuner and get a good tune..I wish i could afford s300
Im going to take out my AC but i would like to have my power steering. Im looking at the 6 puck ACT stage 3 xtrm kit. what kind of set up do u guys have in mind? And dont get me wrong, my plans sound expensive but im not rich guys so im still on a budget. The greddy kit came out to 2,900 w/o FMIC. Please give me your inputs on a complete turbo setup you think is right for this Sol!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im going to take out my AC but i would like to have my power steering. Im looking at the 6 puck ACT stage 3 xtrm kit. what kind of set up do u guys have in mind? And dont get me wrong, my plans sound expensive but im not rich guys so im still on a budget. The greddy kit came out to 2,900 w/o FMIC. Please give me your inputs on a complete turbo setup you think is right for this Sol!

I am running the rev hard stage 2. Kit and I love it. It's set up for 7psi and really feel the power at about 5k rpm. It is about 2500. For the kit. It says you can use stock injectors but I would move to atleast 450cc to be safe and not max out your injectors. I am tuning with Crome.
If I would redo it I would piece my system togather now knowing what I know but if you have never done a turbo setup before I would go with a kit cause everything is matched togather for you already.

Just my .02

And I will never go back to a all motor. 4 cylinder after running a turbo

keV
Old 02-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh I am also running a b18b
Old 02-27-2009, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by keving85
I am running the rev hard stage 2. Kit and I love it. It's set up for 7psi and really feel the power at about 5k rpm. It is about 2500. For the kit. It says you can use stock injectors but I would move to atleast 450cc to be safe and not max out your injectors. I am tuning with Crome.
If I would redo it I would piece my system togather now knowing what I know but if you have never done a turbo setup before I would go with a kit cause everything is matched togather for you already.

Just my .02

And I will never go back to a all motor. 4 cylinder after running a turbo

keV
Yes! Thats the main reason why i am a little scared about peicing out my kit. I dont want to have the problem of things not fitting. But then again i want to push out more then 7 psi on pump. Got myself in a pickle
Old 02-28-2009, 03:06 AM
Global Moderator

Yes! Thats the main reason why i am a little scared about peicing out my kit. I dont want to have the problem of things not fitting. But then again i want to push out more then 7 psi on pump. Got myself in a pickle
Well man to be honest, greddy is not a bad kit.. I'm sure your gonna like it and enjoy it no matter what as long as it's tuned properly, But if you've got 2k cash you can piece together something nicer.

You could very easily piece together a kit that would outperform the greddy kit.. start with finding the cheapest prices on all turbo parts, browse the classifieds forced induction forum.. check the marketplace.. find the best price on a turbo manifold, good turbo (i'd run a .57 trim t3 t04e or whatever you choose if your willing to spend the cash) find you an intercooler piping kit.. blow off valve, waste gate, down pipe, dump tube, etc..Then find you a johnny race car FMIC or another cheap effective intercooler..

user ''Flamenco-T'' sells the oil drain and return lines.. and all the fittings you would need.

Just browse the marketplace and lurk around in the forced induction forum and read there [faq] and stickies.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:45 AM

Thanks alot jimmy. But when I'm pieceing together the intercooler pipes, how do I know exactly wich bends I need. Will I have to bend my own pipes? And I looked up that straight line performance .57 trim kit and it was real nice but 3,300 or so w/o injectors ... Could I piece out same kit for cheaper? Sorry for all these noob questions guys, I'm only 17 and work mighty hard for my cash and wouldn't want to get ripped off on these kits... Thank you all for your time
Old 02-28-2009, 02:23 PM

any 1?
Old 02-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

have you looked in the FI marketplace? Lots of nice kits or you can buy it piece by piece, heres an example of a nice kit for the price https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-49/peakboost-ftw-turbo-systems-%242-899-00-shipped-2441784/ Also if you buy the IC piping for your car you should not have to mod it much.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Global Moderator

Thanks alot jimmy. But when I'm pieceing together the intercooler pipes, how do I know exactly wich bends I need. Will I have to bend my own pipes? And I looked up that straight line performance .57 trim kit and it was real nice but 3,300 or so w/o injectors ... Could I piece out same kit for cheaper? Sorry for all these noob questions guys, I'm only 17 and work mighty hard for my cash and wouldn't want to get ripped off on these kits... Thank you all for your time
It's alright.. We all had to start sometime, but what your not understanding is alot of these noob questions you may have are answered in the forced induction forum faq.

When you buy an intercooler piping kit buy it for your specific model/generation car and you will most likely not haft to do any modification.. it should come with couplers and If you can afford it buy the t-bolt clamps.

I suggest you do alot of researching and browse the forced induction forum before spending any cash. Goodluck!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Global Moderator

Matter of fact i'm just gonna go ahead and move this thread over there for you and maybe some of them guys can help you further.

Goodluck
Old 03-03-2009, 07:11 PM

Lets bump this up.

Purchased my Hasport EGB1 kit, ARP stud kit, my Avid racing shift linkage today.
Next is Walbro 255 Pump and 550 cc injectors. My LS comes in next week, and then i buy my .57 trim turbokit. Any recommended axles? Looking to push around 310-350 whp. Thanks guys!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:04 PM

as long as you're a good driver your stock axles will be fine.. hell we ran stock axles on my 600+whp civic and we were getting 3-5 passes per set... upgraded to DSS since then. but for that low of power stock axles are fine. just remember to preload when you launch
Old 03-04-2009, 06:20 PM

thanks for the info. ill make sure not to dump the clutch when its built with some stock axles lol. i will probably wind up snapping them, but ill update you guys when that does happen ... And im buying the axles for an acura integra LS not the del sol, correct?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:58 PM

any axles for any 94-01 integra