Notices

About to do 10lb. CRV pulley upgrade!

Old 05-01-2005, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to do 10lb. CRV pulley upgrade!

Okay, haven't posted awhile, but I ve been here before and am seriously soon thinkin bout throwin the CRV pulley on my set up. I have successfully been running 6psi fo 40k and 2yrs on the stock B18C1 in my 2000 GSR. I have BTC, JR fmu and fuel pressure reg., 255lph fuel pump, cat back exhaust, header, air intake, stock injectors and fuel rail, JR map sensor. I now have in my possession a Honda CRV crank pulley, soon to get all the necessary belts, also have SAFC-II. What I am contemplating on is doing water injection. I've heard that it is good and can prevent detonation, but also have heard that I don't need it. I've also been told that the AFC should be good as long as I run it rich like at 50% rich on all of the settings, that's what a guy at RC engineering told me, and with that set tup I can run my stock injectors apparently. So am I ready to go? Don't wanna start yet until I am sure that I have everything figured out. I saw an article in super street where a Del Sol ran the same set up that I'm about to. And his ride seems fine.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: About to do 10lb. CRV pulley upgrade! (2K Teggy)

you can use a 9lbs pulley and a crv crankpulley and boost 14 psi
Old 05-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: About to do 10lb. CRV pulley upgrade! (jdmhonda)

10+ psi on an FMU watch your AFR man...
Old 05-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my friend broke his ringlands doing this...
Old 05-02-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Re: About to do 10lb. CRV pulley upgrade! (jdmhonda)

cool thanks i didn't know that.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:54 AM

Default Re: About to do 10lb. CRV pulley upgrade! (MrBui)

screw that! so is it better to just build the motor up and then run max psi of 16lbs.? If imma gonna do that I'd like kto go all the way and just build it up for turbo. Sell the JRSC like most ppl would tell me anyway. Or would it just be just as worth it to build up the bottom end to run 16psi on the JRSC? It'll still be quick. I just know that the possibilities with turbo are endless. How bout AEM EMS for later, or is it best to go with Hondata?
Old 05-02-2005, 08:56 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have been bosted for 40k already I would not expect to get much life out of you motor after you go with this setup. IMO
Old 05-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2K Teggy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">screw that! so is it better to just build the motor up and then run max psi of 16lbs.? If imma gonna do that I'd like kto go all the way and just build it up for turbo. Sell the JRSC like most ppl would tell me anyway. Or would it just be just as worth it to build up the bottom end to run 16psi on the JRSC? It'll still be quick. I just know that the possibilities with turbo are endless. How bout AEM EMS for later, or is it best to go with Hondata?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's apples and oranges, JRSC makes instant boost but becomes less efficient the higher you rev your engine, turbo takes time to build boost but can keep building power to redline. I like the JRSC for autox and road course, but the turbo is much better for drag racing. If you can even get a JRSC to make 16 PSI (I'd have to see it to believe it), then it will be hard on the blower and the air it put out wouldn't be useful because it would be convection-oven hot.

Fitst thing to do if you want to up the boost from your JRSC is to invest in some good engine management. I busted all my ring lands off a while back with a JRSC and a FMU, but after I got a Hondata setup on it, I had no problems.

Next thing is up the boost, but no higher than 10-11 PSI as the Eaton blower isn't efficient above that.

Next thing to look at would be intercooling it, then you could make more power with less tendency for detonation at the same PSI.

Last thing would be a nitrous setup for the drag strip, I've heard from more than one person that nitrous can work well with a JRSC.