Notices

99 Civic d16y7 Greddy Turbo Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Civic d16y7 Greddy Turbo Help

Aloha, im from hawaii and have a 99 Civic dx with stock d16y7. I wanna do a greddy turbo setup cause my car is still pretty much new with 34,000 original miles so dont really wanna do a motor swap. Im gonna do the y8 intake manifold swap but do i just buy the 96-00 civic ex kit, fab up a intercooler kit and blow off valve and be good to go ? will the greddy fuel box/Emanage that comes with it work with my car ? will it still run properly ? I know people probaby gonna say go management and stuff but i just wanna know if it will work with my car. Also Do i need a missing link or the greddy fuel box that comes with it take care of that ? if anyone can help that would be very much appreciated...thank you and much Aloha
Old 05-31-2010, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 99 Civic d16y7 Greddy Turbo Help

No Help ? anybody ? also is it true that you can just plug in and hang the secondary o2 sensor in the engine bay to trick the ecu ?
Old 06-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess i figure it out..gonna try run 310cc injectors vafc and missing link and see if I dont need an fmu
Old 06-03-2010, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OK I need to try and remember as once I thought of going down this route.....so the blue box will not be programmed for your engine but *should* be able to be re-programmed by any decent tuner. 310cc + VAFC hack works, but e-manage would be better, especially if you get the optional timing harness. VAFC hack causes timing to be too advanced for a turbo setup.
Honestly though, if you can get a proper P28+CROME or even stretch to Hondata you will be in MUCH better shape. I went from your thinking to Hondata S300, tuned it myself and have never looked back.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by markodude
OK I need to try and remember as once I thought of going down this route.....so the blue box will not be programmed for your engine but *should* be able to be re-programmed by any decent tuner. 310cc + VAFC hack works, but e-manage would be better, especially if you get the optional timing harness. VAFC hack causes timing to be too advanced for a turbo setup.
Honestly though, if you can get a proper P28+CROME or even stretch to Hondata you will be in MUCH better shape. I went from your thinking to Hondata S300, tuned it myself and have never looked back.
So if I do convert to OBD1 what exactly will i need...I know jumper harness and ecu but my car is non vtec so which ecu ? and also lets say i leave the car stock for now and just do the OBD1 conversion that means i would have to run 240cc injectors right ? since my car now has 190cc injectors ? and what about the distributor ? can i use the same one ? and i already know i have to rewire my IACV..ive done b series swaps but wanna go boost