Notices

97 civic, revhard turbokit

Old 09-17-2005, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 civic, revhard turbokit

The downpipe has no 02 flanges on it. Are they not used, or do I have to drill and weld a provision for them? Being obd2, I assume you need both? If so, anyone have any pics of where yours are mounted in the dp?
Also, does anyone have any pics of a turbo kit on a 97ish civic(lx or LS, cant remember the exsact trim) I tried searching, but it told me it was unavailable.
One last q, is it normal to install a turbo kit(inline pump w/ fmu for aditional fuel) and retard the timing 2 deg and not carry it to a dyno? Im a supra owner and its unheard of to install a turbokit and not carry it to a dyno(or hook up a wideband 02) to verify its safe?
Kit is a revhard (stage 2 im told) with a gt32. Supposed to make 7psi
Old 09-17-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: 97 civic, revhard turbokit (slither)

Yikes! Ditch the FMU, and go with a real management system. Crome is the most inexpensive you're going to find with all of the options it has. They have a FREE version, a PRO version and a lot of tuners have the DEALER version. PRO and DEALER are pretty much the same. Contact your local tuner and see if he has anything like this.

The FMU is just going to cause problems.. the most I would use it for is idling to a tuner.

Spend money on the tuning-- that's what's gonna make your setup fast and reliable.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:19 PM

Im installing it for someone else. I am trying to get them to carry it to a tuner and have it tuned. I would never risk an engine over a couple hundred bucks that could be well spent on a good safe tune.
So, do i need both 02's? Im going to install both just in case, if I find out later they hurt/hender performance, Ill just plug the bung.
Anyone know? Thanks in advance
Old 09-18-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Re: (slither)

If the car is staying OBD2, then you're going to need both O2's unless you get an O2 simulator.. or you'll throw a code.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:15 PM

I figured that so i went ahead and installed 2 new bungs in the downpipe
Ive never seen a kit missing so many parts and leave the dp, etc... incomplete before, i just dont get it