Notices

94 sohc turbo-overheating on highway

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 sohc turbo-overheating on highway

I just had a little food for thought. I am home with my car this weekend and I ran the fluidyne with the cap off and it did not bubble, nor did the fan come on. When i put the cap on, the fan then eventually came on. The more that I look at the vehicle, the more I notice that there is no place for the radiator to draw air from. I have a tranny cooler in front of the radiator which is partially behind the actual bumper of the car, which the other half is behind the intercooler. After the bumper cover, this leaves no direct airflow onto radiator. This is obviously adding to if not causing the problem. Which leads me to my question: Could you run another radiator, say the old one if it is not bad, along with the new one to cause more movement, thus cooling of the water. Another thought, other than cutting a hole in my bumper cover, why couldnt you coil a piece of flexible copper tubing or even create a gill system like a tranny cooler out of copper tubing that went after the rad and between the block causing the fluid to move twice the distance before entering the block, thus cooling greatly cooling it? This would require more fluid, but it would still have a greater time to cool before re-entering the engine. This would cause the engine to not rely on airflow for cooling anymore, but to rely on distance as the dampener. Do you think that im fuc.in nuts?

P.s. this is a post from a forum in honda civic-same title... just in case you realize im just jumping in all half cocked
Old 10-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 94 sohc turbo-overheating on highway (kmalikai)

if you are overheating you have a bad headgasket or thermostat
also make sure you bleed the system good