Notices

94-01 Integra Intercooler charge piping preferred vendors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 94-01 Integra Intercooler charge piping preferred vendors?

Anyone know of any decent sites/companies that have fairly priced and decent quality 2.5 inch charge pipes that'll clear the ABS module on a 94 Acura Integra... Just ordered a CX racing turbo kit and the charge pipe w/bov that comes from the intake manifold requires relocation of the battery or deleting it entirely. Might try to see if i can adapt it with angled couplers...
Old 01-24-2017, 08:06 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default re: 94-01 Integra Intercooler charge piping preferred vendors?

Do yourself a favor and return that turbo kit. CX Racing is crap, which is why it cost like $600. It will fail on you.

GO-AUTOWORKS Civic CRX Integra Complete Turbo Kits D16 B16 B18 H22 <--- This on the other hand isn't garbage. If you want to boost, i'd suggest you check them out.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

CXRacing makes pretty good charge pipe kits and intercoolers. besides that, refer to the comment above
Old 01-24-2017, 09:47 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by motoxxxman
CXRacing makes pretty good charge pipe kits and intercoolers. besides that, refer to the comment above
Their intercoolers are garbage, and pressure drop way more than the average bear. A few have cracked that I've dealt with. And if one has to relocate a battery or something in an Integra for a charge pipe kit... Well, then its just time to either make your own or go somewhere else.

We won't even go into the turbochargers, will we?

Nacurtis92: Send that kit back asap!
Old 01-24-2017, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94-01 Integra Intercooler charge piping preferred vendors?

Yeah after talking with CX racing about their intercooler kit, They said it requires relocation of the ABS module or just deleting it entirely.. Im currently working with a jdm b20b from HMO... Its a low comp motor and i've read they arent the best to turbo in general because of their thin side walls.. I don't want to throw too much money on a turbo kit for this project. Realistically i would like to push 8-10 lbs and hopefully hit 220-30hp.... on stock internals.. Maybe go with ARP headstuds and Cometic Headgasket. I've been eyeballing the GO-Autoworks kit and its quite nice, but the price difference is quite a bit... on top of having to buy bigger injectors/tune/.Radiator and all the other **** around the kit..... The Go autoworks Kit already well over the cost of the car and the motor alone!!! lol.... But the name brand stuff is all very reputable from what i've heard... just hurts the bank... soo.. cheapo mild build... or dump a bunch of money into a turbo kit i wont be even using to its full potential beside it being reliable compared to the ebay stuff.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chinese parts will end up costing you more in the long run when you need to replace them Cuz they broke + pay for tunning services a second time.

Got my car for free all my money is in the engine/turbo setup. It's not a cheap hobby
Old 01-25-2017, 04:57 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll just reiterate what 2kdrift said above. Buying **** parts will end up costing you more money in the long run. The parts are garbage, they never fit right, they won't last long, and they have literally zero resale (good turbo parts do have some residual value).

If the wastegate fails, you overboost and pop the engine.
WHEN the manifold cracks, you'll be broken down on the highway somewhere.
WHEN the turbo fails and pukes oil everywhere, you'll be broken down....again

Its just a bad idea if you like driving your car, rather than wrenching on it. I owned a turbo 99 GSR for 5 years as a DD and even using good parts, you still have frustrating mishaps...i can't imagine injecting shitty parts into the equation
Old 01-25-2017, 05:48 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Nacurtis92
Yeah after talking with CX racing about their intercooler kit, They said it requires relocation of the ABS module or just deleting it entirely.. Im currently working with a jdm b20b from HMO... Its a low comp motor and i've read they arent the best to turbo in general because of their thin side walls.. I don't want to throw too much money on a turbo kit for this project. Realistically i would like to push 8-10 lbs and hopefully hit 220-30hp.... on stock internals.. Maybe go with ARP headstuds and Cometic Headgasket. I've been eyeballing the GO-Autoworks kit and its quite nice, but the price difference is quite a bit... on top of having to buy bigger injectors/tune/.Radiator and all the other **** around the kit..... The Go autoworks Kit already well over the cost of the car and the motor alone!!! lol.... But the name brand stuff is all very reputable from what i've heard... just hurts the bank... soo.. cheapo mild build... or dump a bunch of money into a turbo kit i wont be even using to its full potential beside it being reliable compared to the ebay stuff.
Get this straight. Buying the quality parts doesn't mean you go for the MAX HP; it simply means now (with the right tuning) that your car repeat that power creation again and again without hiccup. Low compression means nothing with the right tuning. People here are at 10.0:1-11.5:1 on 93 octane all day. It's a matter of the tuning. (That low comp "better for boost" logic is pre-historic). Plus, the JDM B20B is fine.. don't worry about "side walls". If they don't tune it well, it's garbage if it were a JDM ITR w/ a 4.9 FD super-hyper-mega engine. So don't get so caught up into that.)

Buy Once, Cry once. Your project only lasts as long as the effort you put into making it work properly, and includes using the better parts.

This isn't about "Go Big, or Go Home" nonsense. This is understanding that **** is real when it comes to retrofitting a turbocharger on a 20year-old+ platform. This is an investment. The saying goes..... Garbage In=Garbage Out.

Last edited by TheShodan; 01-26-2017 at 07:25 AM. Reason: grammatical correction
Old 01-25-2017, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

One thing I've noticed over the years is that getting fab parts made for my specific car is actually cheaper than buying kits regardless of the maker.

I bought a big 6 inch thick Vibrant core for my car and had custom end tanks made and built on the car so fitment was perfect, all the 3 inch intercooler piping was made and up pipe was built as well for 550 bucks. all I purchased was the Vibrant Venjen clamps and a couple other materials.

If you can find a pretty good fabricator it is totally worth it, instead of buying kits that make you modify you car have a fabricator who can build around things for proper fitment. My two pennies.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I've gone ahead and canceled the order with CX I'll most likely go with the GOAUTOWORKS kit with the Cast iron manifold ... I do not know any fabricators around me so I'd prefer just to find a decent kit to start for now. Thanks for the input guys... I've been in a toss up over this decision lol I know people that have had good luck with some eBay stuff but I don't think I want to risk it for a 50/50 chance... and longevity is what I want... so I'll just stop crying and pay it out lol
Old 01-25-2017, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its alot less then 50/50 its not if it fails its when. You really cant beat the price of Go auto for the quality that it is