Notices

93 EX LS-T almost complete! ah lil help please ;)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 12:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 EX LS-T almost complete! ah lil help please ;)

What else do I need?

I have the following:
Turbo, External Wastegate, BOV, Intercooler, Manifold, & DP

I have a friend that has a chip burner and is going to use crome with my 93 LS OBD1 ECU

I know I need the following atleast:
Injectors, Intercooler piping, Oil Lines

I'm not real sure which injectors to get, I have been looking at blue top 450cc DSM injectors on eBay. Also am I going to have to get resistors?

What do I do about the timing on my car? I have it all the way advanced towards the firewall. Should I set it different or Do I need one of those timing master msd boxes?

My turbo is a t3/t4 .63 A/R .50 A/R - Anyone know if this turbo will work well with my setup?

I have complete stock 93 b18a1 drivetrain. Full stainless cat back, Hi Flo Cat

How do I hook up the vacume lines to the wastegate, BOV, and boost controller [manual]?

Were do I get my oil supply to fed my turbo? Were Do I buy turbo oil lines?

Do I need a different MAP sensor?

My waistgate has a 2 big ports, I suppose one port hooks up to the external port on the manifold, were shall the other one go??

Thanks for your alls time, I have been dreaming of owning a turbo charged Honda for years upon years. This is a big deal for me.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:50 AM

damn man.........not to rip into you, but did you do any research on going FI before going out and buying all of this stuff?

I think you need to put the greenbacks/ Credit card down and research FIRST before going out and buying stuff......most of the questions that you're asking are pretty general type of stuff and can be answered if you used the search button.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I also think there is going to be a clearence issue, I have a 93 integra full width radiator straped to the rad support.

Head to radiator 8.5"

Manifold flange to edge of casting on turbo, 10.5"

believe it or not I've been planning for this for years. I've worked on some turbo cars and did my swaps. I just have never worked with a external wastegate and have some confusion on some things, some people tell me this, some that.
On most of my questions I could prob guess but I'd like to make sure.

I am searching though, this site helped me with my b18a1 swap, it runs perfect. I had another user name but lost the pw.

Modified by dkgoodrich.com at 2:11 AM 11/10/2006
Old 11-10-2006, 02:02 AM
KOBE IS GOD

Default Re: (flatfourfan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flatfourfan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn man.........not to rip into you, but did you do any research on going FI before going out and buying all of this stuff?

I think you need to put the greenbacks/ Credit card down and research FIRST before going out and buying stuff......most of the questions that you're asking are pretty general type of stuff and can be answered if you used the search button.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Leave him alone. Everyone learns from there mistakes. He will learn soon.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kings)

Look in the FAQs section, it can answer most of your questions.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (aaronISthrowed)

I'll take pity on you.

How do I hook up the vacume lines to the wastegate, BOV, and boost controller [manual]?

Tee of your brake booster for your BOV, Boost Controller, and wastegate. The best way to do this would to buy a vacuum block and then tee of that but whatever. You have to know that you can tee off any vacuum source but the strongest one is obviously the biggest.. Brake booster.

Were do I get my oil supply to fed my turbo? Were Do I buy turbo oil lines?

Stealthmodeperformance.com among others has oil lines. You either get a firewall oil kit or you tee off the back of the block where your oil pressure sender is. The oil return goes straight down to the pan where you have to drill a hole and weld a bung on.

Do I need a different MAP sensor?

No, the stock map sensor can read up to 11-12 psi which you probably shouldnt be running more than. I recommend you get some fuel management such as Uberdata, Crome, Neptune, etc... and get a real tuner to tune it for you so you don't blow it up.

You may have done research but these are real basic questions you should have known before buying
Old 11-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi, Thanks for the responses and the time it took to write em'

I had answers to most of the questions but had to double check.

Someone had told me to get my oil supply from were the oil sending unit sensor is.

Thanks for the help with the vacume lines, that cleared alot of confusion up.

I still wonder about my timing settings. I know my timing shouldnt be all the way advanced. I don't know if i need a timing master.

My buddie is going to mod the ecu & basemap it with crome for $50

I've had this setup for months, I just thought what I didnt know was overwelming.

Thanks a bunch everybody. Everyone raged on me about my questions when I was doing my swap. Ya'll got me through it slow and steady
One day because of you all this will be boosted
Old 11-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nonvtecD)

just for the record i hate your car, but you sould read alot more. thats realy the only way to learn unless your a trail & error guy. the timming will be mostly controlled by the chipped ecu
Old 11-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Got_soy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Got_soy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just for the record i hate your car</TD></TR></TABLE>

was that really needed ?
Old 11-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SoOHiGH)

SSautocrome SICK!

Love the fenders
Old 11-10-2006, 12:46 PM
i ♥ snails

SSAC FTW!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

Ya some like it, some don't. I made $1200 building it, for free I can't complain. I took 3 cars and put into one, sold excess parts.

Are the ss auto crome kits junk? this is one and it cost me a lil under $700. Its brand new I wonder if it'l last.

My tuner told me that the crome management would take care of the timing, I was just making sure that was correct.

Thanks for your alls help!
Old 11-10-2006, 02:42 PM

Default Re: (dkgoodrich.com)

There are threads about the SSautochrome kits, just search for them. Some poeple have luck with them, some people dont, I know the manifold you have has been to known to fail several times.
for your cars exterior. I woudlnt post pics of it, especially in this forum.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SoOHiGH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SoOHiGH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

was that really needed ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

it was for the record
Old 11-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dk, dont mind the jdm ricer bitches of ht...there all just mad cause they spend 4x the money and only get stock replacements from japan...

anyways, if ya have anymore questions, just send me a pm...I can help ya out with whatever ya need, and I won't flame unlike some newbs around here.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:09 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dkgoodrich.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are the ss auto crome kits junk? this is one and it cost me a lil under $700. Its brand new I wonder if it'l last. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not going to set you on fire, but seriously: if you did any research over the past few years you would have known that a $700 eBay turbo kit is likely going to perform like a $700 eBay turbo kit. SSAC is not a company worth investing money in.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow, talking **** about ssac and not helping him out....great way to waste time...

anyways...
Old 11-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, why not read this post: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/878169

and figure out if you want to use that you have or not. or sell it and use something different. It's upto you. I would just recommend getting a different turbo/manifold if you changed stuff...everything else should be fine...

you could find a t3/t4 for around 300 bucks, and a log manifold for around 200 bucks...

The reason people are "dissing" your setup if because those manifolds are known to crack alot and the turbos are known to blow up. But people have used them successfully though. It is just a coin toss.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quik sol)

no, lambo doors bug me.thats it. i would be advisable for you to look into a different mani, some have had a shady rep. there are alot of fab companies that offer decnt manis for price, you could also build your own. good luck.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:19 PM

Default Re: (Got_soy)

DK, turbo kits are pretty straightforward and there are a TON of posts, threads and articles dedicated to what you need, how to install and`how to maintain a good running turbo honda. When I first built my turbo kit I didn't know much about it either and had ALOT of questions and the best way to find answers is to research, read, research, read and if you can't get your question answer then ask someone. I spent hundreds of hours just reading about them and making sure I knew everything about it before buying parts or attempting to install them.

Check these threads out:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1024174

http://www.howstuffworks.com/

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1263795

Good Luck
Old 11-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbotegy)

If this is your primary car I suggest you get a second car if you are going to try to run that kit. Also I don't mean to sound redundant but research is worth much more than money. Most of us in the FI forum have boosted honderz, and have gone through all of the saving/dreaming as you so we understand the blinding urge to get that kit.

If you decide to ditch it you can build your own kit for $1500 that would be pretty nice. The most important part of the whole set-up you have, no matter what it is, is the tuning and fuel system. No amount of FMU, SAFC, MSD BTM and DSM injectors are going to make your car run like it will with a solid fuel system (255 pump, Aeromotive stock replacement regulator, and injectors that are AT LEAST 440cc) and dyno tuning from a GOOD tuner. Crome should work nicely in that department.

As for how your car looks, its your car not mine.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ProjectDarkBlack)

Thanks for the links,

So far I need the following:
Injectors and maybe the resistor box
Half size rad, mounts
Fuel pump
Fuel Rail
Fuel Reg & Gauge
Oil Lines
Intercooler piping

My tuner has chipped alot of NA cars running pretty quick times. I think he has only programmed a couple boosted chips, So I'm kinda lookin for another tuner I don't want his ignorance to pop my engine.

Heres a pic of my car before the blue paint and lambo doors, Other than the metal z3s, I like it

The only other question is were does my external wastegate dump too? My downpipe doesnt catch it, is it ok to just vent into the engine bay?

Old 11-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you either weld a tube to run it into your downpipe....or you can run a pipe straight down without recirculating it..
Old 11-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Any links on whats better?
Old 11-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

when you run it make sure it dumps no where near your turbo. you will lose power if your turbo sucks the exhaust air back in.

the manifold you got isnt the best, its known for cracking, but yours is braced so it might help.

That SSAC turbo you have, when it does take a **** on you send it out to get Garret internals. Its like $250 to do that.

There are couple people using the SSAC turbo with no problems. Some even making good power with the SSAC T70.

Quick Reply: 93 EX LS-T almost complete! ah lil help please ;)