Notices

93 Accord Hoodrich Build. NO MONEY SPENT! Get ready to be entertained.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Accord Hoodrich Build. NO MONEY SPENT! Get ready to be entertained.

Here it is...1993 Honda Accord Turbo Build. Beastydc4, Mr. Johnson, shawty22

Friday afternoon rolled around, we had nothing to do. So we just said, screw it...lets turbo the accord. Before this the Accord was just a destroyer. Destroyer of tires, fields, corn stalks, roads, whatever came into path with it. Flying through corn fields going 70 jumping the damn thing. Its a god damn trooper.

After a night of corn field jumping.

After doing nose dives, bending the hell out of the front end, Beastydc4 deciding to make the front end a little bit stonger. A buddy donated a roll cage for a 87ish Cuttlass.

Now for the turbo build. Like the title states, NO MONEY was spent towards turboing this thing. The only money that was spent was 50 dollars for beer and pizza! We called up the few friends that we have and told them to bring over random crap they had laying around that they didnt want anymore. For this to be done, a lot of precise cutting, welding, fabrication was needed to be done. Everything was measured and welded with care. Bahahah! Yeah right...here we go.

The tear down. It was a totaly stock accord. We removed some unecessary things.

First thing first...we need a turbo. Mr. Johnson's work was kind enough to give him 2 gm8 turbos awhile back. Time to put one to use.

Second, we need a manifold. Theres no way in hell we were making one at this point in time. Next best thing.....

Custom Cut T3 manifold.

Now, how do we get the turbo attached to the manifold you ask? Well this is where the "welding with care" comes in.

Mocking the turbo to the manifold.

Now for welding it so there are no leaks. No gasket was used.

After attaching the two, a nice up pipe was fabricated.

The finished product.

With this custom turbo setup, we had to cut a big chuck of the cross member out. We then welding a steal plate to the bottom of it. It is very legit, you can still jack the car up by it!

Every turbo needs oil...even a minty gm8 turbo. Luckily a buddy had a random fitting for the feed line. And the fitting for the back of the block. (Might be a little cross threaded.) -3an oil line was used. We didnt have a 2 bolt return line flange, so...we welded a fitting on the turbo.

For the oil pan...because there was no way in HELL we were taking it off to tap it. We drilled a nice hole in it. Then drained the oil because we didnt want any metal shavings in the motor. Then welded a random fitting to the pan.

Well we got the turbo setup bolted on, oil lines done. Now time for some charge piping. What better thing to use other than the roll cage from the Cutlass. Fabrication at its finest.

Decided to go with a one piece charge pipe to elimate couplers.
Mr. Johson Approved.

We dont want that turbo to surge so we rigged up a BOV.

We got everything bolted togather. The finished product.

Nice pie cut for the hood exit.

We needed a way to read boost pressure...

Its an animal!

We got it running. It sounds super badass. We went and got a chip from our good buddy Curt Miller at Dynotuned Performace from a previous tune he did years ago. We got it up and running...were doing some pulls to get the boost dialed in. We were having a tough time figuring out how the wastegate works and how we could control it. Diesel junk. Finally after around 8 times of trying it, going from not making boost at all and it spiking to 16psi, we finally got it to make a steady 10psi. We did one pull down the road, and did one back from a dig to the around 100mph. It felt pretty good for what it was. But it started to back fire on down rev and spit flames. Got it back at the shop, it died. Never started back up.

Were not to sure what happened, but were guessing it blew out a ringland or something. Last night Mr. Johnson, beastydc4 and Ryan97 went and got a F22B1 with around 80k for 150 bucks.

Were already at the drawing board. Looks like a new turbo setup will be built, but we are still not planning to putting a dime into this turbo setup. This time we will most likely going to put it on the Dyno and have Curt Miller tune it. We will keep everyone updated!

I know the question that is on EVERYONES mind, and the answer it No. This is not our first rodeo.

Last edited by shawty22; 12-17-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 93 Accord Hoodrich Build. NO MONEY SPENT! Get ready to be entertained.

Heres a couple of videos of what the Accord has gone through before turboing it.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: 93 Accord Hoodrich Build. NO MONEY SPENT! Get ready to be entertained.

Lol soot and ****.
Sounded like a beast
Old 12-17-2012, 02:46 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Lol
That is kind of funny
Old 12-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha that is awesome. always wanted to do something like that with all the spare parts I have laying around.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Motor is pulled. I guess we're going to try and make this thing "kinda legit" now.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol. good times. see ya tomorrow to start on the new manifold. put the beer outside so its cold when i get there.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

I want a gm8
*sniffle
Old 12-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Good, Bad…I'm the one with the gun

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do a ghetto water injection while you are at it.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wantboost
I want a gm8
*sniffle
lol. i have one left.

Originally Posted by Ash J. Williams
Do a ghetto water injection while you are at it.
washer fluid!!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

I know :p
Old 12-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

And you guys get away with the craziest ****, we have too many people around here
Old 12-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wantboost
And you guys get away with the craziest ****, we have too many people around here
The benefit of living in the middle of no where. :D Bryan. Engines almost on the stand. New turbo should be here tonight. Pizza tomorrow night!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

I'm on the border of snobby and redneck. Rarely can I get away with anything unless I'm on the highway lol
Old 12-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats as the funniest **** ive seen this week good way to end a monday.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow ******* hilarious
Old 12-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If anyone is looking for a bolt on turbo kit, we have one for sale. Looks like with the new motor there will be a new turbo kit to go along with it. Pm for price. Lol
Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

PEEEEEEEEEEZAAAAA! the **** we do.. i wish the corolla didnt have a blown HG, we could fab up a kit for that and have ourselves a good ol fashion dig race. (i would need my BOV back tho, that thing is super nice )
Old 12-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm gonna miss driving it through the fields.... ha! Just kidding it's still gonna rip u up the corn!!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cant forget the cavi

Old 12-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The cav got out hard on spray lol
Old 12-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

That really is the middle of nowhere... oh the things I could in my s13
Old 12-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

new turbo manifold will be in the works tonight!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

I just want to see a turbo accord plow through a corn field
Old 12-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the best thred ever.

Quick Reply: 93 Accord Hoodrich Build. NO MONEY SPENT! Get ready to be entertained.