Notices

92-95 Greddy SOHC turbo kit won't fit on 2000 civic EX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92-95 Greddy SOHC turbo kit won't fit on 2000 civic EX?

hi, i was wondering what is the difference between 92-95 d-series turbo kit and 96-00 turbo?..

and if i buy them, i'm thinking about installing it by myself, but people are saying i need good tune-up, what exactly tune-up are we talking about here?..

i'm sorry i'm a really noob on turbo here,
Old 05-16-2005, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 92-95 Greddy SOHC turbo kit won't fit on 2000 civic EX? (ClVlC1031)

bump
Old 05-16-2005, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 92-95 Greddy SOHC turbo kit won't fit on 2000 civic EX? (ClVlC1031)

your going to need to get the car tuned after the turbo is installed, but for tune up I would do your plugs and wires if there not done the water pump, timing belt and that should be about it some one chime in if I missed anything
Old 05-16-2005, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 92-95 Greddy SOHC turbo kit won't fit on 2000 civic EX? (Lmgrcivic)

well the greddy kits come pre-tuned with an already tuned base map. the blue box or e-manage comes with the kit, try and make sure you get e-manage cuz it is tunable, the blue box isnt. i'd say get a compression test done on the car before you go turbo so you know if it can handle boost in the first place. timing belt should be good if the car has under 100k on it, as well as water pump etc, but you never know. your going to have to run colder plugs eventually just for power reasons, and your wires are going to be fine most likley

Its not untill you start increasing boost on the greddy kits that you need to worry about getting a tune, unless you dislike running rich all the time
Old 05-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 92-95 Greddy SOHC turbo kit won't fit on 2000 civic EX? (urbansi)

so basically, i'm at 70,xxx miles right now, do you think i should replace t-belt, drive belts, and water pump before i'd go turbo??..

anyways, would 92-95 greddy sohc kit would fit on 2000 civic?

thanks for info guys, for more BUMP!
Old 05-16-2005, 09:16 PM

The reason Greddy dont sell the kit for your app is due to emmissions they said.OBD2.. I used to run the blue box on my 2000 ex w/no issues, so dont believe that crap people say.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PK SPEED)

change the timing belt and the water pump cause if you have to replace it once the kit is on your gonna wish that you already did and its best to be safe cause they say to change them every 60k
Old 05-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Lmgrcivic)

they're supposed to replace them(t-belt,drive belts, water pump) at every 90,000 miles isn't it?..

well, i'm sure i'm going to replace them before i put turbo anyway,

so why do they make diff. price for 92-95 and 96-00?? if they fit same?..

Old 05-17-2005, 08:16 PM
mike93eh

get one step colder ngk plugs. id also get a msd coil and cap. use mobile 1 synthetic oil. you will also need a oem honda headgasket and ARP head studs. also get a boost gauge. and yes the 92-95 d series kit will fit any d series engine, but you may have to modify some charge piping depending on application.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Re: (mike93eh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get one step colder ngk plugs. id also get a msd coil and cap. use mobile 1 synthetic oil. you will also need a oem honda headgasket and ARP head studs. also get a boost gauge. and yes the 92-95 d series kit will fit any d series engine, but you may have to modify some charge piping depending on application.</TD></TR></TABLE>

don't listen to this guy.................... get 2 steps colder plugs and don't waste your money on msd crap. people make 500 whp on oem honda ignition systems. U also don't need a new headgasket or ARP headstuds....if you have a safe tune you won't have to worry about anythign just so long as you don't boost past 12 psi.

plus , i'd rather blow a headgasket than a rod!!
Old 05-17-2005, 09:35 PM
mike93eh

Default Re: (ILLICON5000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ILLICON5000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

don't listen to this guy.................... get 2 steps colder plugs and don't waste your money on msd crap. people make 500 whp on oem honda ignition systems. U also don't need a new headgasket or ARP headstuds....if you have a safe tune you won't have to worry about anythign just so long as you don't boost past 12 psi.

plus , i'd rather blow a headgasket than a rod!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

u serious?

1) i have the same kit he is asking about, 2 steps is too cold.
2) i didnt say get a msd ignition, just msd external coil.
3) he doesnt need a new headgasket right now but once he starts boosting he will, gurantee it. ever hear of the infamous d-series head lifting issues?
4) 12 psi on stock internals is pushing it.
5) id rather not blow either one.

now go stfu, please.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:48 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

u serious?

1) i have the same kit he is asking about, 2 steps is too cold.
2) i didnt say get a msd ignition, just msd external coil.
3) he doesnt need a new headgasket right now but once he starts boosting he will, gurantee it. ever hear of the infamous d-series head lifting issues?
4) 12 psi on stock internals is pushing it.
5) id rather not blow either one.

now go stfu, please.</TD></TR></TABLE>

As do I. And my car took 12 psi like a champ...
1) 2 steps isn't too cold, it reduces the chance of preignition of the charge by allowing more heat out of the combustion chambers
2) I said msd crap, there's no need for an external coil, that will infact probobly cause more problems than solve
3) He won't need a new headgasket as long as ignition timing is conservative
4) See above, tuning is key. It's the rods that will go past 12 psi on a healthy tune even. They are just pencil thin.
5) Rather blow a headgasket than a rod, but to avoid the former you need to be careful.

PS: I haven't heard of any infamous d16 head gasket problems ..but then again I don't go around putting extra heat, extra powerful spark, etc into my projects. (As this guy clearly does, that's why his headgasket is blown. Duh!)

Owned
Old 05-17-2005, 11:47 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tbelt/wpump are not any harder or easier to change with or without a turbo kit

changem if u want, but 100k is the service interval(or around there) i'd rather concentrate on tuning.

you dont need any ignition upgrades aside from spark plugs
1step colder, unless ur running lots of power or lots of ignition timing
Old 05-17-2005, 11:59 PM
'

My turn to come in on this! The only people that should comment on this is the PEOPLE THAT HAS THE SETUP HE IS ASKING ABOUT...and that is ME!

I have the EXACT SETUP YOU WANT and its the Greddy TD04H-15G on my 96 Civic EX. YES it will FIT. the 92-95 15G will FIT 96-00 EX. It WILL ALSO FIT DX with minor modifications.

By the way, the kit is so worth it! Its cheap and it can make something called "TORQUE". Car is hella blast to drive....

NO YOU DO NOT NEED A TUNE WITH THE GREDDY KIT! WHOEVER SAID THIS IS FULL OF BS! THE EMANAGE IS PERFECTLY FINE, WORKS PERFECT, PLUG N PLAY, AND CAN HANDLE UP TO 10PSI!

don't believe my ****? http://www.turbod16.com for more info.

My setup is below:
1996 Civic EX D16Y8 BONE STOCK
Greddy TD04H-15G Turbo Kit
JRC 5" Intercooler
Blitz DD BLow Off Valve
Greddy Emanage fuel management unit (that came with the kit)
stock injectors
1step colder ngk plugs
everything else is STOCK STOCK STOCK
and I still GET 30/33 MILES TO THE GALLON! I get 370 Miiles to the tank before i have to fill up again. and i drive moderately.

Don't waste your money on the TD04H-19T kit. YOu get a slightly bigger turbo and injectors..but its not worth it in my opinion. The emanage that comes in the kit is capable of 10PSI . It has been done by many. But if you want to run that high, make sure you upgrade the injectors to RC310 or 440's.

Other than that, good LUCK! BOOST THE D16! Its sooo worth it. You'll be way faster than an SI and GSR.... at around 7psi and at 10psi you will smoke a lot of cars....

Old 05-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (L337HXR)

thanks a lot for the info guys!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ClVlC1031)

about the spark plugs, you guys saying one step colder plugs , or 2 ..

could you tell me what part number would that be?.. i know stocks are #ZFR5F-11

Old 05-18-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: (ClVlC1031)

zex makes colder plugs and have heard pretty good things about them.

i won't even bother talking about the kit, already been butchered enough.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:13 PM
mike93eh

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by L337HXR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
NO YOU DO NOT NEED A TUNE WITH THE GREDDY KIT! WHOEVER SAID THIS IS FULL OF BS! THE EMANAGE IS PERFECTLY FINE, WORKS PERFECT, PLUG N PLAY, AND CAN HANDLE UP TO 10PSI!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

man, this thread reeks of bullshit..

the e-manage comes tuned for the stock 5.5 psi, NOT 10 ******* psi. so YES, you do have to tune it, if you decide to turn up the boost. i even asked greddy if i would be safe turning it up to 7psi and not retuning, they told me that i would be really pushing it. which i already really knew. if you do turn up the boost, even to 7psi, you will need larger injectors. at 5.5psi, the stock injectors duty cycle is already maxxed out.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:56 PM

ya just run the hack, cheap and proven to be ok for low boost levels......

the spark plugs you want are BKR-7ES11 or BKR-7E something along those lines....the difference between those two are v-core or not, which is another debate.

Old 05-18-2005, 07:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ILLICON5000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya just run the hack, cheap and proven to be ok for low boost levels......</TD></TR></TABLE>

limitations with the hack/blue box/emanage are pretty obvious. the hack has also been proven to not be able to handle low boost levels, why not do it right the first time? hell, why not run uberdata, chrome, or something along those lines... couldn't be more expensive than a vafc/safc.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Re: (Thurman Merman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Thurman Merman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

limitations with the hack/blue box/emanage are pretty obvious. the hack has also been proven to not be able to handle low boost levels, why not do it right the first time? hell, why not run uberdata, chrome, or something along those lines... couldn't be more expensive than a vafc/safc.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOLOLOL
How has the hack proven to be bad? I ran tons and tons of boost all the time with it, as have 1000's of others....Meanwhile, uberdata blows motors https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1242277. GG Owned again

Next plase
Old 05-19-2005, 01:53 PM
mike93eh

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ILLICON5000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOLOLOL
How has the hack proven to be bad? I ran tons and tons of boost all the time with it, as have 1000's of others....Meanwhile, uberdata blows motors https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1242277. GG Owned again

Next plase</TD></TR></TABLE>

the fuel management system (IE..uberdata) did not blow the engine. the person who tuned the system blew the engine.

0\/\/N3d, you tard.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by L337HXR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Other than that, good LUCK! BOOST THE D16! Its sooo worth it. You'll be way faster than an SI and GSR.... at around 7psi and at 10psi you will smoke a lot of cars....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

We should feed u to the "kills regulars" for that statement .. 3rd Geerr VtEC Y(0)
Old 05-19-2005, 04:46 PM
'

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

man, this thread reeks of bullshit..

the e-manage comes tuned for the stock 5.5 psi, NOT 10 ******* psi. so YES, you do have to tune it, if you decide to turn up the boost. i even asked greddy if i would be safe turning it up to 7psi and not retuning, they told me that i would be really pushing it. which i already really knew. if you do turn up the boost, even to 7psi, you will need larger injectors. at 5.5psi, the stock injectors duty cycle is already maxxed out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by L337hxr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
But if you want to run that high, make sure you upgrade the injectors to RC310 or 440's. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I did say you have to upgrade injectors.... yes keep skimming....

you're full of **** yourself. I have personally known 10 people out there, locally, on forum AND TURBOD16.COm. People have boosted 10PSI on STOCK GREDDY KITS WITH STOCK BLUE BOX! AND EMANAGE! on the D16's.

You DON"T know your ****! Of course you have to get upgraded injectors...thats what i said. and it WILL handle 10psi no problem! It HAS BEEN DONE before... go see turbod16.com . This of course includes the infamous, sleepercivicex who started the 15G kit on the 96-00 civics. I also know another guy that 'Chris' knows (FrostWhiteDC4) that his friend has the SAME EXACT SETUP AS ME, Greddy kit and he boosted 10psi no problem ON STOCK BLUE BOX. Thats two ppl for you right there... go to turbod16.com , you'll find a grip more of people.

seeya lil' bitch.

Modified by L337HXR at 1:59 AM 5/20/2005
Old 05-19-2005, 05:37 PM
mike93eh

I did say you have to upgrade injectors.... yes keep skimming....

you're full of **** yourself. I have personally known 10 people out there, locally, on forum AND TURBOD16.COm. People have boosted 10PSI on STOCK GREDDY KITS WITH STOCK BLUE BOX! AND EMANAGE! on the D16's.

You DON"T know your ****! Of course you have to get upgraded injectors...thats what i said. and it WILL handle 10psi no problem! It HAS BEEN DONE before... go see turbod16.com . This of course includes the infamous, sleepercivicex who started the 15G kit on the 96-00 civics. I also know another guy that 'Chris' knows (FrostWhiteDC4) that his friend has the SAME EXACT SETUP AS ME, Greddy kit and he boosted 10psi no problem ON STOCK BLUE BOX. Thats two ppl for you right there... go to turbod16.com , you'll find a grip more of people.

seeya lil' bitch.

Modified by L337HXR at 1:59 AM 5/20/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, keep embarrasing yourself. funny stuff. yes you CAN do whatever the **** you want. is your engine going to last very long at all? hell no.

so youre saying there is no need to have to retune the e-manage if you increase boost 5psi? man, you are really out there. did you at the very least change this setting?

bitch

Quick Reply: 92-95 Greddy SOHC turbo kit won't fit on 2000 civic EX?