Notices

900hp goal! help me reach it! what turbo??

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default 900hp goal! help me reach it! what turbo??

Hello im wunfstgsr i have searched a good amount and now want to start my thread im building a daily driven 98'' gsr sleeper and having JG build me a longblock they say is good easily to 800hp and want to reach 900hp or as close as i can, right now a supper charger setup good for 290hp is being put on the motor but will soon be removed for the final hp goal desired by me when i find out what and where to get my turbo setup, for i have no clue where to get it but i do know i want a new not used! top of the line turbo/products. my goal is big hp! at least 900hp,a fast spooling turbo, a linear tq band much like my supper charger tq curve, must be reliable this will be a daily driven car and wont be raced mostly for show and personal acheivment. but i dont want a turbo that lags! this is where im suck! also i would like a complete kit to make my life easier! so heres a breakdown of the motor its almost a copy of tony palos t1 gsr, so far what i know im going with is any input is appreciated,

b18c-1 JG stg 3 turbo block (9:5 comp. 81mm-82mm iron sleeves ect.
JG redline series head (full port)
ITR ex cam GSR intake cam (pending on getting turbo cams but dont know which ones)
74mm tb
JG elderbrock i.m
1700cc injectors
hondata s300
Garrett gt4294r turbo (is this a good choice for my turbo/goal?)
full race top mount divided collector
tial sport 44mmx2 wastgate
t1 race development intercooler
garrett 24x12x3.5 core
4'' catback-4'' magna flow muffler
walbro fuel pump
usdm itr trans.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 900hp goal! help me reach it! what turbo??

your gong to have a few problems

-anything more than 450-500 is very hard to keep traction on the streets

-on a small displacement engine you cant have 900hp and quick spool

-you will HAVE to run race gas in which your dd is out the window

-900 hp is going to be a very very large challange on itself.

- your single walbro most likely wont supply enough fuel

- reliable and 900 hp dont belong in the same sentence really.

on top of that good luck im sure you will have alot more harsh people than me.

also i dont think 900 hp is even possible on 1.8l.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol
Old 02-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why did you pick JG to build your motor?
Old 02-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the biggest problem your going to have with this build is the company your having build your motor and the company you giving your money to... I would deff go another route... They are not good to there customers, have done us wrong number and number of times. Do a search on them and you will see..... get your stuff back asap.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

your not gonna find a turbo that is fast spooling to make 900HP. Most 900HP cars are track use only.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 90teg
Why did you pick JG to build your motor?
just for piece of mind!, why is JG not repudable? iv built many motors but i got a good deal on a b16 jg ported head so i went ahead and wanted jg to assemble everything since the heads already ported by them and $300 is a decent price for labor to assemble everything imo and i got the stg 3 block with $500 off, but i think i can break 800hp on a 1.8l and i might run race fuel but would want to ovoid it and i will have upgraded axles to support the hp as well as better tires but not slicks, its possible i know it is someone help me out, also i will talk to my tunner more
Old 02-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This thread makes me LOL
Old 02-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your neve rever going to run 900hp in a dd unless you want to throw 1000 dollars a day just to maintain the car

if so then it could be possible
Old 02-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've had nothing but bad luck from JG. DO NOT GO THERE. I had to have my motor rebuilt because of them and I never got to start it. I had to call them numerous times to figure out what was going on with my motor. It literally took them 11 months to send my motor back and it was a mess. Oh and they promised me it wouldnt take no more than 3 months. The reason why I decided to rebuild it was because of the following: One of the nuts on the pick up tube was laying in the oil pan, they never fully cleaned my block. I had metal shavings everywhere from god knows what. They painted over my old water pump and oil pump gaskets and assembled it that way. I had two pistons/rods that were put together too tight resulting in me buy new arp hardware for it. The arp bolts showed signs of stretching. And my bearings had a cleance of something like .0001 (Something really small, I cant think of the exact specs on it at this moment) Go with someone else. You will regret it going with JG. They are more than happy to take your money but are VERY SHITTY with their customers. I really wish I would of done some more research on them before I decided to send them my motor. Please dont do the mistake I had to do. Their **** ups have cost me over $1500 in repairs. And like I said before the motor hasnt even ran yet, and its been over 2 years and my motor sits in my garage slowly getting put back together because of the extra money I had to put into it to fix it right.

DO NOT GET WORK DONE BY JG ENGINE DYNAMICS. I've had it in my sig since the first day I joined HT
Old 02-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is this a joke really?
Old 02-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TehGhett0P1mp
Is this a joke really?
so if jg is no good who in c.a should i send my motor to be built? or at least the block? i want a built sleeved block and thought jg was a good deal.. my local shop wants $700 just for labor of assembling the block and that's with me supplying all the parts, sounds to much.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
so if jg is no good who in c.a should i send my motor to be built? or at least the block? i want a built sleeved block and thought jg was a good deal.. my local shop wants $700 just for labor of assembling the block and that's with me supplying all the parts, sounds to much.
you get what you pay for, im sure there are plenty of decent shops in your area and im sure some people can give you that info.... but stay far far away from JG! Im just trying to help you out, its your choice to listen.... I do not have to go into details with them, there that bad of a company!! Ya the build your wanting is not going to be a streetable car.. After you figure out a place you can trust to build your motor you need to figure out if you want a street car or a track car, then we can help you out more.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Find ppl that have cars making 900hp and have them build your engine or whoever builds their engine build your engine. Besides that your goals are unrealistic. In a fwd car having big hp numbers mean nothing. Work your way up. Just to put down 750hp+ you might need a $4000 plus transmission.

This car/setup is a good example to follow. The owner never had a car over 300whp. The setup is a very big set up but the parts/setup you listed is pretty close to this car. What makes the most sense on the car is the boost by gear (traction) and 235 MT drag radials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvW0apRvcDI
Old 02-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

BENSON lol DAN LASKEY
Old 02-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.stewartengines.com/

Ive heard good things about these guys also I have heard good things about Benson
Old 02-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i might run race fuel but would want to ovoid it

el oh el
Old 02-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont know if ur half retarded or what
if ur building a engine thats is going to be built for over 5k then dont skimp out on assembling it with a reputable shop. Obviously it sounds like you dont have much experience with building motors so doing it urself is not an option. But giving ur engine away and throwing some cash to a shop is not going to cut it.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You want a 900hp car and your bitching about 7 bills? Really stop while you are ahead..just gonna end up with wasted time and broken dreams.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:59 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

2310 posts. I think he's just making one big Joke out of thise being in California and all.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i help you out to get 900hp,throw away your b series,grap you a h22 fully built that **** to handle alot of boost 30+psi for maybe 4 to 6 run down a track,then check your bank account make sure you got enough $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to help you out,we cant help you friend,but money can,sent you from cali there alot of place there,taht can help you out(that if you got money)
Old 02-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You ever see those car accidents when the car is just rolling over again and again sideways with no end in sight?

Yeah that's kinda what I feel like reading this thread.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ZoMG 900 Horzpowa?!?!?!1

LOL....
Old 02-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just for piece of mind!, why is JG not repudable? iv built many motors but i got a good deal on a b16 jg ported head so i went ahead and wanted jg to assemble everything since the heads already ported by them and $300 is a decent price for labor to assemble everything imo and i got the stg 3 block with $500 off, but i think i can break 800hp on a 1.8l and i might run race fuel but would want to ovoid it and i will have upgraded axles to support the hp as well as better tires but not slicks, its possible i know it is someone help me out, also i will talk to my tunner more
you said you built many motors, why not build this one???? kids!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by v8killaz
i dont know if ur half retarded or what
if ur building a engine thats is going to be built for over 5k then dont skimp out on assembling it with a reputable shop. Obviously it sounds like you dont have much experience with building motors so doing it urself is not an option. But giving ur engine away and throwing some cash to a shop is not going to cut it.
first off idk if your half retarted but if you read my post i said i have built many motors my self and can easily assemble the long block so $300 extra was a decent price for JG to assemble the long block and i wanted a reputable shop to do it for my piece of mind since its my personal motor, second yea i live in cali but thats why im asking theres shops left and right but most are shady but names like JG stand out more than them so thats one reason why i leaned toward JG, im not bitchen about $700 for the local shop to do my labor its just i want a repudable shop to do it!,well good thing i havent sent my motor to JG, i might just keep it local or look into benson for doing the block work and maybe assemble the long block myself, idk why you all think its so impossible to get a high hp b series, theres tons out there and i swear i read a diffrent magazine every other weak with integras well past 700hp so its not impossible, i admit maybe 900hp is too much and over my head lol its just if im gonna build a turbo motor its gonna be right the first time and i want the highest hp i can manage with 91 pump or a race fuel mix. im new to the turbo world and it confuses me with all the diffrent types of turbos out there i try to research and read for weaks until i posted this.. so please understand all the money i put into this jrsc motor im doing right now is not gonna be worth the final hp i will have i estamate maybe close to 290hp but it will be lots of fun and plenty fast i just know i want to turbo the motor soon after the jrsc and pull some impressive #"s out it while keeping the car streetable or should i say stealth i want to keep it a sleeper gsr! im gonna make it look 100% stock but want a high hp turbo motor in the end. theres a 700+hp integra with a factory usdm itr tranny im sure my new usdm itr tranny should hold up fine. HT help me if you want ill reach my goal one way or another, thanks to those who voted against JG and stoped me from making that mistake, i dont have more than 2 months to get this done so turn around time is important.

Quick Reply: 900hp goal! help me reach it! what turbo??