Notices

90 degree adaptor elbow from rev hard manifold to turbo? is one available

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 degree adaptor elbow from rev hard manifold to turbo? is one available

I have a rev hard log manifold which mounts the turbo on its side http://www.revhard.com/turboma...t.jpg <-- pictured here

and a precision T3 flanged turbo to mate to it. I can clock the turbo to make this work but then the downpipe flange is out of line. Does anyone know of a way to modify the rev hard manifold so the turbo is not mounted side on

Any advice would be great

Modified by djnikko at 11:40 PM 10/4/2006
Old 10-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 90 degree adaptor elbow from rev hard manifold to turbo? is one available (djnikko)

are you using the revhard downpipe? if not than that is your problem. it would be better to cut and rotate the dp flange than to change the turbo mounting point. some more info on your setup may be useful as well.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 90 degree adaptor elbow from rev hard manifold to turbo? is one available (dpetro1)

Im not using the rev hard downpipe im using a standard 5 bolt flange SS autocrap one, seems to be adequate for now but yes I shall cut off the flange and reweld it once the turbo is bolted up.

My set up is a 1989 CRX with h22, rev hard manifold, T3 flanged sc61. If staring at the headlights on the car I shall be having the downpipe coming off the left of the turbo and the charge piping coming from the right

Thanks for the reply
Old 10-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 90 degree adaptor elbow from rev hard manifold to turbo? is one available (djnikko)

yeah you are gonna have to custom modify the dp. manifolds and dp's are made as a set for that reason. GL with the install.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 90 degree adaptor elbow from rev hard manifold to turbo? is one available (dpetro1)

I appear to have another problem also...

The downpipe I have mounts to the left hand side of the turbo, so im guessing not only will I have to modify the 5 bolt flange i'll have to cut the pipe and make it bolt up to the right hand side of the turbo? To do this i'll obviously have to mount the turbo the other way round. Do the 3 parts on a turbo also turn individually, so I can clock the centre section for the oil and the compressor housing for better routing of charge pipes?

Thanks
Old 10-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump on up
Old 10-09-2006, 04:37 PM

You will need to completely rework the routing for the DP. that outa be fun but yes all the housing can be rotated by loosening up the bolts surrounding them with I think 12MM closed end wrenches. those bolts can be a real pain in the *** to remove sometimes. if they won't loosen easily then heat them up with a propane torch and they will come right out. should have went with the matching Revhard DP IMO.

Good luck

Brain
Old 10-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 90 degree adaptor elbow from rev hard manifold to turbo? is one available (Brain3208)

where can I get a matching downpipe? Obviously re welding my exsisting downpipe would be cheaper but if the price is right i'll buy it. But it sounds like i'll have to hack it up slightly anyhow. The downpipe I have at the mo will need 2 changes made, one to mount the 5 bolt flange verticly rather than horizontally the other modification is to change the side that the downpipe mates with the turbo. For the amount of changes I have to make I may aswell stick with the downpipe I have at the mo. The rev hard pipe will probably cost a pretty penny and i'd hate to have to make further changes to that. Would you agree? cheers
Old 10-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok first lets clear something up. you originally linked us to the revhard manifold but the one pictured says drag on it. even though the 2 may look similar they are not the same and drag/revhard downpipes are not interchangeable.

either way you have 2 options.
1. get the matching downpipe and try to sell your ebay one.
2. cut the turbine flange off and have it rewelded to work with the manifold. like you said it needs to be rotated as well as flipped over. the only problem i see with that is that once you get the flange squared away, then you might run into clearance problems with the piping itself. there is less room on the drivers side for a downpipe, especially if you have AC. that downpipe doesnt look like its gonna have enough curvature to go under the oil pan. hence the reason you should always buy a manifold/dp as a combo. its not impossible to make it fit, its just gonna be a PITA.

also, as it seems you have discovered, you will have to mount the turbo with the compressor on the passenger side. GL with everything.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think I have it sussed, it maybe a little tacky for now but flexible exhaust tubing maybe my friend
Old 10-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 10-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 90 degree adaptor elbow from rev hard manifold to turbo? is one available (lalo)

or you could make an adapter plate so the compressor housing will fit. make the turbo hang a little lower