Notices

70mm B series plenium throtle spacer??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default 70mm B series plenium throtle spacer??

Does anyone know if theres a company that makes a 70mm plenium throtle spacer for the B series? id like to know before i have one fabricated.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 70mm B series plenium throtle spacer??

I only know of P2R making spacers but they dont make a 70mm b series spacer.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

outlawengineering.com
Old 04-13-2012, 04:15 AM
Retired Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://powerrevracing.com/shop/produ...?id_product=65
Old 04-13-2012, 08:03 AM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

I bought mine off shmebay
They have all sorts of sizes and I have no issues
Old 04-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by XxRoCkMaNxNEOxX
outlawengineering.com
as far as i can see its still a standard throtle size! no 70mm spacer specified!

Originally Posted by EsotericImage
Thats just a thermal gasket not a plenium spacer!

Originally Posted by justYncredible
I bought mine off shmebay
They have all sorts of sizes and I have no issues
whats shmebay? ebay.com?

theres no one on ebay thats sells a 70mm spacer for the b series, theres one guy but he took my $ and never sent my spacer so i got a refund and looking at the spacer it wouldnt fit anyway and doesnt have the proper air passages.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:53 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
as far as i can see its still a standard throtle size! no 70mm spacer specified!
That's because for outlaw engineering spacer system you can bore on the composite directly to fit the 70mm size. No one sells a specific match for 70mm on e-bay or anywhere. It must be performed.

Here's how the composite looks on a 70mm Skunk2 TB on a Skunk2 Pro Series IM.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
That's because for outlaw engineering spacer system you can bore on the composite directly to fit the 70mm size. No one sells a specific match for 70mm on e-bay or anywhere. It must be performed.

Here's how the composite looks on a 70mm Skunk2 TB on a Skunk2 Pro Series IM.

Thanks, its going on a sk2 pro series manifold w/ a sk2 70mm tb too for my ATI superchargered ITR motor, i was thinking would it be better to,

A. stack two or 3 of these on the tb side to make it at least 3/4 inch or
B. have a auluminum piece made 3/4 thick like the p2r spacers?
but im also thinking for there price im getting a manifold spacer too so its less $ for more product but im wondering would a auluminum piece be more durable and perform better..
I wonder why they make theres 1/4 '' and p2r makes em 3/4'' i would think the 3/4'' would make more hp and tq.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:09 PM

Thanks, its going on a sk2 pro series manifold w/ a sk2 70mm tb too for my ATI superchargered ITR motor, i was thinking would it be better to,

A. stack two or 3 of these on the tb side to make it at least 3/4 inch or
B. have a auluminum piece made 3/4 thick like the p2r spacers?
but im also thinking for there price im getting a manifold spacer too so its less $ for more product but im wondering would a auluminum piece be more durable and perform better..
I wonder why they make theres 1/4 '' and p2r makes em 3/4'' i would think the 3/4'' would make more hp and tq.
Honestly, NONE of those reasons are suggested. Otherwise I wouldn't have put up the Outlaw Engineering TB setup.
Suggestion A. Stack 2 or 3 of what? Which TB gasket? Please be clear.
Suggestion B: No.Aluminum will cause just as much heat into the chamber, and cause some leaks.
No. An aluminum piece would not be better. Check the outlaw engineering site again. You're not going to be $117 shipped to your door for a complete kit like that... sorry.

There's nothing in this crazy world that would make anyone with reasonable sense to believe that anything from P2R could make something as complete as an outlaw engineering kit.. (P2R is just fake a$$-wanna-be Hondata gasket junk.).... Am I ranting again? Sorry.

I'm showing what needs to be done with the same equipment you have RIGHT NOW.. Why would I suggest otherwise?
Old 04-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly, NONE of those reasons are suggested. Otherwise I wouldn't have put up the Outlaw Engineering TB setup.
Suggestion A. Stack 2 or 3 of what? Which TB gasket? Please be clear.
Suggestion B: No.Aluminum will cause just as much heat into the chamber, and cause some leaks.
No. An aluminum piece would not be better. Check the outlaw engineering site again. You're not going to be $117 shipped to your door for a complete kit like that... sorry.

There's nothing in this crazy world that would make anyone with reasonable sense to believe that anything from P2R could make something as complete as an outlaw engineering kit.. (P2R is just fake a$$-wanna-be Hondata gasket junk.).... Am I ranting again? Sorry.

I'm showing what needs to be done with the same equipment you have RIGHT NOW.. Why would I suggest otherwise?
Well i never said p2r spacers were great or anything im just saying that because there the only other company who makes spacers.

And i was refering to stacking 3 of the outlaw spacers to achieve a 2/4-3/4'' thick spacer. On ther FAQ they say you can stack them to achieve a thicker spacer in 1/4'' increments. They said email for details on a thicker gasket so I emailed them about a thicker gasket for my setup.

Looking at ther kit it looks verry nice! im deff gonna pick up a kit once i hear back from them. There kit looks nice and complete! meaning they hit all the most critical areas in the intake side of the head. I once doubled up two hondata thermal intake manifold gaskets and throtle body gaskets on a JRSC/LHT setup i had a while back. If i knew of this i probrably would have got it then.

so when you ported the gasket did you clear the small air passage it seems its pretty close to the inlet.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:15 PM

No problem.. just giving you ****. I find its almost NEVER necessary to stack them at all for the kind of setup you're doing, but that's simply your choice with it.

No. there was no need to clear anything. It mated up just fine.. Glad you were able to give them a shout regarding a custom application
Old 04-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No problem.. just giving you ****. I find its almost NEVER necessary to stack them at all for the kind of setup you're doing, but that's simply your choice with it.

No. there was no need to clear anything. It mated up just fine.. Glad you were able to give them a shout regarding a custom application
one thing im gonna do is a before and after dyno w and w/out the spacer to see what gains i get!

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...556604&page=11
Old 04-13-2012, 04:12 PM

They already show you on the website what the possible changes are. It doesn't change in forced induction because it's not scavaging air. It's force fed and is based upon the heat exchange rate of your intercooler. Throttle temps will stay rather constant. The purpose of the outlaw engineering kit is to keep temps stable, with a by-product of maybe a couple of ponies; not to make power.

I mean, do what you will, but don't expect much.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They only offer the standard on their website I did email them awhile back and they do offer the 70mm kit
Old 04-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They already show you on the website what the possible changes are. It doesn't change in forced induction because it's not scavaging air. It's force fed and is based upon the heat exchange rate of your intercooler. Throttle temps will stay rather constant. The purpose of the outlaw engineering kit is to keep temps stable, with a by-product of maybe a couple of ponies; not to make power.

I mean, do what you will, but don't expect much.
That dyno has nothing to do with my setup, its just a stock b16, and the hp and tq would greatly incrase just by using a 70mm kit, and lengthening the plenium will also increase hp and tq, i bet a 5-10 hp increase from a 70mm 3/4'' stack. The dyno i will have will show me the hp and tq increase from the spacer not for the company, it would be useless for them. Im very curiouse to what a plenium spacer will do on my supercharged setup, last time at the dyno there was a camery w a supercharger and gained i think 30hp and like 60 ft tq from just a throtle spacer, made 300+ hp and like 330+tq lol the car looked like a granny car. i think i can pull off some hp from it deff. but i want the motor retuned with all its new upgrades then swap in the spacer and see what i does on the next pull.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:09 AM

That dyno has nothing to do with my setup, its just a stock b16, and the hp and tq would greatly incrase just by using a 70mm kit, and lengthening the plenium will also increase hp and tq, i bet a 5-10 hp increase from a 70mm 3/4'' stack. The dyno i will have will show me the hp and tq increase from the spacer not for the company, it would be useless for them. Im very curiouse to what a plenium spacer will do on my supercharged setup, last time at the dyno there was a camery w a supercharger and gained i think 30hp and like 60 ft tq from just a throtle spacer, made 300+ hp and like 330+tq lol the car looked like a granny car. i think i can pull off some hp from it deff. but i want the motor retuned with all its new upgrades then swap in the spacer and see what i does on the next pull.
oookay.. well, good luck to you.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks! and thanks for the link!