Notices

700whp+ LS/V e85 turbo build!!! Specs and tech needed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 700whp+ LS/V e85 turbo build!!! Specs and tech needed!!!!

I'll try and keep this short and to the point, need all info possible on lsv turbo builds , possibly full SETUPS so I can try and do the combo I want (E85) (precision turbo) , All info is greatly appreciated , please be very specific and possible sources would also be greatly appreciated, I'm looking fore all info on how to make a 1999 LS into a 700hp fire breather and put it in a 1991 Ef si hatch, I DO need tech advise on what I need to do to the car to make it safe and legal for track , I'm ok with pushing the limit on street ability, all info from fuel to suspension is needed. I so know some info about my build but don't kind being reassured about what I do know so feel free to comment bellow and thank in advance for your help in making my dream come true
Old 04-04-2014, 09:47 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: 700whp+ LS/V e85 turbo build!!! Specs and tech needed!!!!

Ill tell you how

Go autoworks kit
Turbo from the shodan
Ignitor bypass
Tune from t1
Cams from ddtech
Full blown fuel system
nos bottle from hairys you're gonna need 2
The following users liked this post:
Old 04-04-2014, 09:59 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbohatch96y7
the big ones. And tell Harry...you'll need them by tomorrow.

OP, theres an FAQ's sticky that will quite literally answer every question you have right now, more questions you'll have tomorrow, and then some questions you never realized even existed. Read it. Go to sleep, then read it again tomorrow. Read it a third time during your lunch break. Keep reading it.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by turbohatch96y7
Ill tell you how

Go autoworks kit
Turbo from the shodan
Ignitor bypass
Tune from t1
Cams from ddtech
Full blown fuel system
Please be more specific with the information thank you
Old 04-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you I'll look, the one I have found is from 2011 and I'm just thinking that newer combos are out there
Old 04-05-2014, 12:04 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you have to ask how to make 700hp it will never happen... plus no one here will spoon feed you answers. every reply in this thread has been sarcastic and you haven't even caught on yet...

do your own research, read the FAQs at the top of this forum... repeatedly. because no one will tell you what needs to be done.

do you even need 700hp? what's the purpose of this car? N ef is already so light that traction is an issue with 300hp... the suspension work and kind of rubber needed to even begin to transfer that kind of power to the ground takes this out of the realm of a street car. add in the car needs a steady diet of very expensive race gas (15 dollars a gallon at the cheapest) because it will never survive on pump gas.

me thinks this is a waste of time pipe dream... the money investment is well north of 20,000 dollars for a reliable high power setup, you can't cheap out and cut corners on a build with 5 times the power of the stock motor.

Time for a reality check.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by wantboost
If you have to ask how to make 700hp it will never happen... plus no one here will spoon feed you answers. every reply in this thread has been sarcastic and you haven't even caught on yet...
Hey now, my answer was serious!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:18 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Partially
Old 04-05-2014, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do your own research, read the FAQs at the top of this forum... repeatedly. because no one will tell you what needs to be done.

do you even need 700hp? what's the purpose of this car? N ef is already so light that traction is an issue with 300hp... the suspension work and kind of rubber needed to even begin to transfer that kind of power to the ground takes this out of the realm of a street car. add in the car needs a steady diet of very expensive race gas (15 dollars a gallon at the cheapest) because it will never survive on pump gas.

me thinks this is a waste of time pipe dream... the money investment is well north of 20,000 dollars for a reliable high power setup, you can't cheap out and cut corners on a build with 5 times the power of the stock motor.

Time for a reality check.

/thread.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:02 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Pretty much. not to **** on your rainbow but this is one of those if you have to ask you'll never understand the answer anyways kind of deals
Old 04-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm a 29 year old man not a child hopefully this will make you take me seriously , I know I'm using a turbo from precision (6262 maybe) seeing as I have contact with that company that's is helping me with the forced induction side of the build, 84.5 mm pistons is what I've thought so far but want to know the benefits running smaller , should I run one external pump or 2 in tank , I also need 1250cc injectors to run e85 and make the power and q16 if necessary , not to sure why you would waste your time bashing a post , this is my first thread and I hope this is not the kind of response I have to look forward to in the future, I'm simply trying to get info from people who have experience in this power category, as for what the car is intended for , drag/show / one day my dream is shift sector with my power plant but different body that is more aerodynamic , I've got years to build this and I'm definitely not cutting corners anywhere because that's how money gets wasted people get hurt
Old 04-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there are plenty on 700whp build out there on this site if you just type it in and click the search bottom.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There is lots of 700 hp builds on this site to be found most of them also have there Build info
but if u happen to check out evans tuning web site there used to be a parts chart there for selected hp levels.. It's a older parts list but it will give u some idea's, and u can get a rough estimate on what kinda cash u will be looking to spend
Old 04-05-2014, 02:54 PM

1250's aren't going to get you there, especially not on E85, unless you want to crank the fuel pressure up to 75 PSI, which is silly. You should be looking for 1500's bare minimum. As for the pump, check out this thread.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CJBlakeley91Si
I'm a 29 year old man not a child hopefully this will make you take me seriously , I know I'm using a turbo from precision (6262 maybe) seeing as I have contact with that company that's is helping me with the forced induction side of the build, 84.5 mm pistons is what I've thought so far but want to know the benefits running smaller , should I run one external pump or 2 in tank , I also need 1250cc injectors to run e85 and make the power and q16 if necessary , not to sure why you would waste your time bashing a post , this is my first thread and I hope this is not the kind of response I have to look forward to in the future, I'm simply trying to get info from people who have experience in this power category, as for what the car is intended for , drag/show / one day my dream is shift sector with my power plant but different body that is more aerodynamic , I've got years to build this and I'm definitely not cutting corners anywhere because that's how money gets wasted people get hurt
1250cc units are too small for a reliable 700whp goal on E85. Be prepared to go larger to not stress a small fuel system. A 6262 is also going to be pretty well maxed out around 700whp depending on the setup. I would look at the 6266. Justin (Turbo-LS) has had very good luck with his.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just copy gringoteg's build.

And an EF isn't that light in the 91si flavor... Like 2300lbs...
Now the 88std is another animal at 1900lbs.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:10 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Originally Posted by CJBlakeley91Si
I'm a 29 year old man not a child hopefully this will make you take me seriously
We really don't care how old you man. You have to search some threads and don't ask a vague question like the original one you stated.

Most if not all new comers all over look the obvious sticky above in this forum.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:28 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Black R
Just copy gringoteg's build.

And an EF isn't that light in the 91si flavor... Like 2300lbs...
Now the 88std is another animal at 1900lbs.
Gringo's formula is very similar in the area of 700whp. Some have done with 6262s some with others. Typically the SOP of parts are the following:

68lbs/min or larger turbocharger. (This includes but is not limited to GT3584R, 6266, 6262, GTK650, S362, S366, GT3586HTA, GT3794HTA, etc)

Injectors larger that are 1200-1600cc, preferably in a Bosch-Style for better utility be it for E85 or Q16

Fuel pump in over the 400lph, but an external is easier to use than dual in-tank fuel pumps, but its up to you.

Higher volume exhaust manifold. - (take your pick of companies, Sheepey, Full-Race, Go-Autoworks, Synapse Turbo, BRMS, AFI Turbo) Use either Kooks "Ramhorns", Bottom Mounts with large single gate or twin smaller wastegates, or god-forbid even a Top Mount manifold

3" to 4" downpipe or "upipe" for exhaust system

Very good fuel management. -Either standalone management (Haltech, Motec, AEM, etc) or Hondata, MegaSquirt3 or other robust engine management.

Sleeved Block - Golden Eagle is preferred, but there still is ERL, LA, AEBS sleeves, etc to choose from.

Forged Pistons and aftermarket rods, The brands are obvious. Arias, Ross, Wiseco, JE, Pauter, Manley, Mahle, etc..

Intercooler For these levels, stick to Garrett, ETS, largest Vibrant core you can think of.

That's as good as you can get for spoon feeding. But I'm sure the OP is offended at this point not to come back.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Yea my reply was solely based on the fact that we get lots of vague threads with pipe dream power goals that honestly never come to fruition, hence why we dismiss most of them

that being said, if you have the resources and are determined to finish this then we will be glad to help... while we can suggest parts for you left and right the decision rests solely on your shoulders so you need to research heavily before deciding on a certain parts combination.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you to everyone who has given info so far, I have dicided to go a little over board on everything seeing as I want to have sufficient fuel and maybe a little left for the future , I've chosen 84mm pistons with 8.5:1 compression,eagle Rods, king bearings,arp top to bottom, full titanium valve train (brand unknown), cams from skunk2 (stage 3 pro series)but open to suggestions, Dorton sleeves , 2000cc injectors and a single 1000lph pump, gator axles ,10 point cage , twin disk clutch, I'm trying to stay away from using a dog box for right now ,so putting the money Into building the tranny is a must,turbo still unknown but deff going precision also wanting to do a 50-75 shot to spool this big **** cause anti-lag is not a option I'm willing to take right now , my goal as stated is 700 minimum high boost and would like 500-550 low boost but need more info to know if that's going to be an option , I'm having the intake mani and turbo mani custom made by a local fabricator who works with the high hp guys in the area, no one is really going over 450-550 b series local , so I'm kind of stuck in a area of the unknown for the local guys. As for the body, it's going in the hatch (the wife says it's a must and she's paying for half of everything) . the front end is coming from Jase Composites, still need info on hubs and suspension to put this power down, THIS BUILD WILL BE COMPLETED!!!! So please don't feel your wasting your time all info is greatly appreciated and once again ty to all who have pitched in so far.
Blakeleyr28923@hotmail.com
Old 04-07-2014, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Gringo's formula is very similar in the area of 700whp. Some have done with 6262s some with others. Typically the SOP of parts are the following:

68lbs/min or larger turbocharger. (This includes but is not limited to GT3584R, 6266, 6262, GTK650, S362, S366, GT3586HTA, GT3794HTA, etc)

Injectors larger that are 1200-1600cc, preferably in a Bosch-Style for better utility be it for E85 or Q16

Fuel pump in over the 400lph, but an external is easier to use than dual in-tank fuel pumps, but its up to you.

Higher volume exhaust manifold. - (take your pick of companies, Sheepey, Full-Race, Go-Autoworks, Synapse Turbo, BRMS, AFI Turbo) Use either Kooks "Ramhorns", Bottom Mounts with large single gate or twin smaller wastegates, or god-forbid even a Top Mount manifold

3" to 4" downpipe or "upipe" for exhaust system

Very good fuel management. -Either standalone management (Haltech, Motec, AEM, etc) or Hondata, MegaSquirt3 or other robust engine management.

Sleeved Block - Golden Eagle is preferred, but there still is ERL, LA, AEBS sleeves, etc to choose from.

Forged Pistons and aftermarket rods, The brands are obvious. Arias, Ross, Wiseco, JE, Pauter, Manley, Mahle, etc..

Intercooler For these levels, stick to Garrett, ETS, largest Vibrant core you can think of.

That's as good as you can get for spoon feeding. But I'm sure the OP is offended at this point not to come back.
Thank you greatly, just needed a little guidance
Old 04-07-2014, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Also should I just hock the LS block and get a gsr due to the oil squirters or is there some way to compensate for that in the LS (girdle)? (B16 not an option)

Last edited by CJBlakeley91Si; 04-07-2014 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 04-07-2014, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

You dont need oil squirters with forged pistons, and the added oil pressure from deleting them helps.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:39 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

me thinks this is a waste of time pipe dream... .
Methinks you're right...but here's a random list of things

Sleeved/Built LS
VTEC head with springs/retainers
GSC T1 cams
T3 S366XL .70ar
ID2000cc injectors
Full Blown Dual 255 Walbro
carbon-carbon twin plate clutch
DSS Stage 3 axles
T1 cam trigger + invidual COP
Edelbrock IM + big TB
3" IC piping and Garrett/PTE large intercooler

All of this tuned on SAFC II
Old 04-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

And I wouldn't trust eagle rods at 700hp

Manley turbo tuff rods are the minimum I would use... at least a good set of aluminum rods or a set of pauters are needed

you can't use budget parts of any kind on a 700hp build

Quick Reply: 700whp+ LS/V e85 turbo build!!! Specs and tech needed!!!!