Notices

450CC injectors with factory Fuel rail and FPR?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450CC injectors with factory Fuel rail and FPR?

Hey gus just as the title says i did go turbo and i am still running factory injectors with factory fuel rail and im getting up to the higher rpms and it seems like it just revs? Im running 7PSI of boost with a TSI turbo kit.If i gradually get on the gast it spools and gets my car going but just hitting the gas it revs like im going no where, anyone know what could cause this i was thinking fuel system not getting enough fuel to the motor or just needs to be tuned a little better.94 Accord F22B1 vtec motor
Old 08-27-2005, 09:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 450CC injectors with factory Fuel rail and FPR? (Brycen)

Sorry, I don't know what the heck you are trying to ask. When you punch the gas, it bogs or something?

And your title mentions 450cc injectors, but they aren't mentioned in your question. I don't know what you are getting at with that, but back when I was doing 6psi w/ uberdata, I was using a stock rail with a stock FPR and 450 injectors. Are you using an FMU? Because with an FMU setup, you have to use stock injectors. You wouldn't have any means of controlling larger injectors.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 450CC injectors with factory Fuel rail and FPR? (EnzoSpeed)

BUMP
hehe yeah it does bog after you hit the gas it just seems to rev and not really go anywhere.I was asking if it would be ok to run 450cc injectors on factor fuel rail,FPR, and pump.I do have an FMU on itn ow.I do have a VAFC II and it will actually be going back down to the shop to get further tunning the guy said it might need to be tuned more for it not to bog.I don't know as of yet.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Brycen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BUMP
hehe yeah it does bog after you hit the gas it just seems to rev and not really go anywhere.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because FMUs are lame and you can't get tip-in AFRs right.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was asking if it would be ok to run 450cc injectors on factor fuel rail,FPR, and pump.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That would be fine. You need a resistor box though.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I do have an FMU on it now. I do have a VAFC II </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it will actually be going back down to the shop to get further tunning the guy said it might need to be tuned more for it not to bog.I don't know as of yet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can't really tune FMU setups. FMUs are gay. The only way to "tune" an FMU setup is to make it run stupidly rich in some areas to get rid of tip-in detonation.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

junk the vafc, junk the fmu, keep stock rail, keep fpr, install the 450's and GET IT TUNED!! crome,neptune,hondata there are plenty of options good luck
Old 08-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 450CC injectors with factory Fuel rail and FPR? (jdecks23)

hehe thanks alot guys to tell you all the truth the VAFC really is not doing anyhitng for me right now.I was thinking of going, AEM high flow fuel rail,ame FPR, and 450 cc injectors along with a walbro 255 Fuel pump.Im not sure about uberdata or hondata to much money at the moment.But thanks alot for your guys input much appriciated.I do also have a resistor box so it is just a matter of getting the injectors in and it tuned.Right now i have it setup with i beleive 6-7 injectors i have 2-3 more on the throttle body spacer it is a full TSI turbo kit that comes with extra injectors and a injector control box that doesn ot work hahahs.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Brycen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hehe thanks alot guys to tell you all the truth the VAFC really is not doing anyhitng for me right now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well you sure as hell better keep it if you're trying to swap in larger injectors.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was thinking of going, AEM high flow fuel rail,ame FPR,</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why would you do that?! We just told you not to buy that crap.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> and 450 cc injectors along with a walbro 255 Fuel pump.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Perfect. Just don't forget - the "High Pressure" 255 is best for FMU setups. If you ditch the FMU, get the standard pressure 255. The high pressure 255 on a non-FMU setup is not necessary and will be constantly whistling in your ear and will drive you nuts.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im not sure about uberdata or hondata to much money at the moment.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hondata blows, I sold mine ages ago. A basic uberdata setup will only set you back a few hundred.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But thanks alot for your guys input much appriciated.I do also have a resistor box so it is just a matter of getting the injectors in and it tuned.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't forget, you can't just swap in larger injectors on a stock ECU! The vafc will let you do this (barely) but if you're going with 450's, I seriously recommend getting uberdata. And I would never pay anyone to tune an FMU setup, that's lame.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Right now i have it setup with i beleive 6-7 injectors i have 2-3 more on the throttle body spacer </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 08-28-2005, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Brycen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was thinking of going, AEM high flow fuel rail,ame FPR</TD></TR></TABLE>

Instead of that, sell your FMU and VAFC, save the money that you would spend on the rail and ame fpr, and have your ECU chipped with uberdata or crome, then get it tuned. Thats what I would do and i'm sure most others

Good luck