Notices

3.5 L J35Y V6 Accord Turbo/SC Kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3.5 L J35Y V6 Accord Turbo/SC Kits

Hi There,

A Customer of mine out here in Mumbai India has a 2009 3.5l v6 accord. He wishes to install a bolt on Turbo or Super Charger kit. Tried searching all over the net but could not find anyone who makes one or has one for sale.

Can you guys let me know if anyone makes one and point me in that direction pls.

Jignesh
Old 04-20-2014, 08:54 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: 3.5 L J35Y V6 Accord Turbo/SC Kits

I think comptech might offer a supercharger kit but I don't remember exactly... and the last time I saw one was forver ago so they are most likely discontinued, also they weren't designed for an accord so it's doubtful they'd work anyways.

everyone that boosts a j series has to build an entirely custom setup from manifolds, piping, exhaust, fuel rails, to engine management.

I don't know what emissions requirements you have but the only way to be able to tune a j series is to run a full standalone ecu, aem has an ems for j series motors that's plug and play with an adapter harness but you lose OBD2 functionality. any other standalone would have to use a custom wiring harness which wouldn't allow you to easily revert to the stock ecu.

but the j series motors are strong. there's a guy here making 800whp on a stock j series on race gas. stock pistons and rods, not even headstuds
Old 04-20-2014, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

comptech or...

you can easily install two small size turbos (with flow 20-25 lb/min), with stock CR and AEM fic (if there s no option to REMAP stock ECU).

conthe two small size turbo are easier to be placed to accord's engine bay from because there is no space for one large turbo.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:54 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

You cant tune OBD2 Honda ecus.

there's plenty of room for a single turbo on a jseries chassis. it's actually easier to do than twins and it's what most do because there's not enough space to run twins.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. The AEM was already considered after doing research. Problem is getting a bolt on kit for the turbo charger. The customer stays in a different city which is a 2 hr flight and cannot get the car down to where I stay where the fabrication stuff can be carried out.

He does not mind flying a tuner to where he is to get the ECU installed and tuned but turbo fab and plumbing would be a issue.

Have sent out email to most of the popular guys out there including Comptech lets see what replies i get.

Jignesh
Old 04-20-2014, 08:16 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

You can tune an OBD2 ECU, but it would require the use of management that isn't popular on this forum, such as GReddy E-manage Ulitmate. It's still a moot point because Jignesh is going to use AEM EMS (wise choice).

Jignesh, your guy is going to have to bring the car to you, bottom line. No bolt-on anything for what he's trying to do, and if he wants it done, and you're willing to do all the fab work, you gotta have the car. His choice.

You can lead a horse to water......
Old 04-20-2014, 09:36 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

but you can't make it drink, however if you're crafty you can drown it lol
Old 04-20-2014, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the AEM fic piggy back and greddy emanage can be installed at almost any car. They are piggy back cpus that can be programmed by someone that has not too meny skils at seting up stand alone CPUs and they have forced induction map/maf settings and vtec-vtc controler.
i agree for the AEM EMS 100% but it must be programmed by someone who has done it before succesfully.

there are some european chip tuners that have made flash remaps via obdII, for meny popular european and import cars using hardware like GENIUS II and software like race2000, but they have limited options remaping forced induction conversions.

wantboost, IMO the only way to use a large turbo is by sending away the battery, so i think it is easier to make a twin turbo application using twin log style manifolds.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:31 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...ight=turbo+j35

Its not an Accord (TL is pretty close to the same thing), but gives you an idea of the layout. A single turbo would be much less complicated than a twin
Old 04-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

The aem fic is even harder to setup than the ems... this is because you have to setup a lot or voltage clamps and other limits on the data the stock ecu sees so it doesn't freak out.

for example you have to clamp the map voltage so the stock ecu never sees positive pressure, you have to clamp the ignition timing feedback to the ecu so when you modify tables in the fic the ecu doesn't go into limp mode, etc.

other than that it's just like tuning any car, as the fic can increase or decrease settings the ecu outputs so you have to know what you're doing. someone with no experience can't just push a few buttons. the fic must be professionally wired in and tuned.

Plus the fic maps are different. instead of showing overall timing or fueling values they have positive or negative values. this correlates to the fic adding or pulling timing/fuel over and above the stock ecu programming.

and before you ask, yes I have experience with the ems and the fic