Notices

2 ?'s.. problem with AEM wideband, RC fuel pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 ?'s.. problem with AEM wideband, RC fuel pressure?

Whats up guys? I'm having some issues with my AEM wideband... i was wondering if anybody else has had issues or is having the same issues and what they did or going to do to fix it....

I tuned my car on an 11.6a/f and on the dynojet the computer was reading 11.6 but my gauge would just bottom out to 10.0.... is anybody having issues with this or is the AEM wideband just gay and a waste of money?

also, i have a set of 750cc RC injectors... my fuel pressure is set to 55, should i turn it down to 43.5? or somewhere near there... 45 maybe? and i'm about to swap them out for some peak and hold 1200cc RC's and go back for a retune... same 45psi?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bean.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 2 ?'s.. problem with AEM wideband, RC fuel pressure?

No dont adjust your fuel pressure or you wil have to retune your fuel map.

As for the wideband discrepancy - can you describe the shops wideband? Was it a sniffer in the tailpipe? Id be more inclined to believe your AEM because its newer, has never seen leaded fuels and probably further upstream in the exhaust than the shops wideband.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you need to read the plugs, that will give you a slight idea which to believe. also rc 1200 are not a great choice of injector. i would go something along the line of the id1000 with a higher base fuel pressure.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wideband sensor they put in your exhaust for tuning will read a little off than what your wideband sensor will read say... if its on the downpipe.

There is also a chance that your sensor is just messed up. I know mine reads a little off, so im going to buy a new sensor.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The shops wideband went right underneith my AEM in my downpipe... about 4 inches away from the turbo

here are some issues that i didn't mention that may be helpful to figuring this out.

-one the dyno... on the last part 3 or 4 runs the headgasket started to give out and leaking pressure into my coolant system (the res tank was overflowing and spitting everywhere)
- on the last few tunes... my boost wouldn't hold. on the way home, about 10 min into the ride... my wastegate fell off and was hangin there from the vacuum lines (so much for using anti seize... i loctite'd them bitches this time!)

these issues make me beleive that the tune is way off... and is running rich now that there aren't any leaks or headgasket issues...
i never kept an eye on the a/f gauge and compared it to the shops, which i probably should have done, but i'm goin back for a retune soon and we'll see what happens