Notices

2 Questions inside.. piston and rod related.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Questions inside.. piston and rod related.

Who had the gb on je and eagle???

What would be the best way to get me 9.8:1 compression..

Gsr 10.1 compression? in my b18c5???

Who makes block guards also...
Old 05-23-2003, 03:31 PM
You_Get_Vapors

Default Re: 2 Questions inside.. piston and rod related. (Jordo)

Dont know about the gb but a flatter piston will give you a lower compression. But since it is only .2mm less I would just use a thicker head gasket.

I beleive STR & Golden Eagle make good block guards.
Old 05-23-2003, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2 Questions inside.. piston and rod related. (You_Get_Vapors)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by You_Get_Vapors &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dont know about the gb but a flatter piston will give you a lower compression. But since it is only .2mm less I would just use a thicker head gasket.

I beleive STR & Golden Eagle make good block guards.</TD></TR></TABLE>
do the block guards have to be welded in??

and what pistons can i get ot get 9.8:1 without going custom..

I was thinking a thicker head gasket.. inline head gaskets are pretty good from what i hear..
Old 05-23-2003, 07:32 PM
You_Get_Vapors

If the engine is still in the car you can put it in without welding it but its not recommened. If the engine is out of the car it can be welded and decked to make sure it is flat. It shouldnt fall down unless it has been modifided the are little shelfs where the piston cylinders meet to keep it from doing that.

I dont think going from 10:1 to 9.8:1 is really going to be worth the trouble of new pistons and rods.
Old 05-23-2003, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2 Questions inside.. piston and rod related. (You_Get_Vapors)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by You_Get_Vapors &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If the engine is still in the car you can put it in without welding it but its not recommened. If the engine is out of the car it can be welded and decked to make sure it is flat. It shouldnt fall down unless it has been modifided the are little shelfs where the piston cylinders meet to keep it from doing that.

I dont think going from 10:1 to 9.8:1 is really going to be worth the trouble of new pistons and rods. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I proabdly should just get 9.5:1.

well im looking for pistons/rods for my car b18c5, im going with forged because its about to be boosted.

i want 9:8.1, rather then 10.6:1..

10:1 probadly wouldnt be to bad, but im afraid to run over 12 lbs.. with 10:1.. on stock sleeves..
Old 05-23-2003, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just got the dome valves from JE..

GSR 9.8:1 compression pistons in my type r will be 9.6:1 compression.. which is bad ***.. (according to c-speedracing.com)

Thats what im going with..

Who can give me a deal on 81mm JE gsr 9.8:1 compression pistons and Eagle rods
Old 05-23-2003, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I proabdly should just get 9.5:1.

well im looking for pistons/rods for my car b18c5, im going with forged because its about to be boosted.

i want 9:8.1, rather then 10.6:1..

10:1 probadly wouldnt be to bad, but im afraid to run over 12 lbs.. with 10:1.. on stock sleeves.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

so keep the motor stock for now, run the 10.6:1 C/R with lower boost, and still make decent power. using pump gas and Hondata or standalone tuning system you can make 300WHP with about 8-9 psi. and maybe go a bit higher with the boost on pump gas, but it all depends on the octane that is available where you live and the overall setup of the car. the stock sleeves with the stock C/R is fine, it just needs to be tuned correctly. tuning is the key. if for some reason there is detonation, you might say goodbye to the sleeves, pistons or a combonation of things.

i wouldn't even bother with a blockgaurd personally. as for the thicker HG's, Inline is good but quite costly. not really worth it IMHO.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just got the dome valves from JE..

GSR 9.8:1 compression pistons in my type r will be 9.6:1 compression.. which is bad ***.. (according to c-speedracing.com)

Thats what im going with..

Who can give me a deal on 81mm JE gsr 9.8:1 compression pistons and Eagle rods</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes it should be about 9.6:1, the GSR 9.8:1 pistons in the ITR. the head lowers the C/R by .2:1.

as for the pistons, i believe Kyle (2k_Teg) still sells them. at a good price too.
others on H-T do also, but i can't think of any off-hand though.