Notices

2.5" dp and 3" catback

Old 04-04-2007, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" dp and 3" catback

would the 3" catback make a diference if your down pipe is only 2.5"?
Old 04-04-2007, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2.5" dp and 3" catback (rice a roni)

Yes it will. I have an LS/Turbo and I was running a 2.25 DP to a 2 inch exhaust and it dynoed at 200 whp, 189 torque. I just switched to a 3 inch exhaust from the DP back and no cat. When I had it re-tuned on the same psi, I made 245 WHP, and 222 torque, so yes, it will help, a good amount too. Then switch your downpipe when you got the funds. That' what I'm gonna do.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2.5" dp and 3" catback (Rooftop voter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rice a roni &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">would the 3" catback make a diference if your down pipe is only 2.5"?</TD></TR></TABLE>
yes it will, but 4'' is the new 3'', be a man

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rooftop voter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes it will. I have an LS/Turbo and I was running a 2.25 DP to a 2 inch exhaust and it dynoed at 200 whp, 189 torque. I just switched to a 3 inch exhaust from the DP back and no cat. When I had it re-tuned on the same psi, I made 245 WHP, and 222 torque, so yes, it will help, a good amount too. Then switch your downpipe when you got the funds. That' what I'm gonna do.</TD></TR></TABLE>
damn, what size turbo are you running and on what psi? I made those numbers on a stock ls (well 242/210) on a t3/to4e .57 trim at ~11psi on a mustang dyno. those seem a little low to me
Old 04-04-2007, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2.5" dp and 3" catback (CivicVX94)

It's a turbonetics t3/t4 not exactly sure what trim it is though. It's a stock ls turbo on 10 psi, and the other supporting mods tuned with Hondata. The numbers seem about right to me and the dude tuning it.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rooftop voter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's a turbonetics t3/t4 not exactly sure what trim it is though. It's a stock ls turbo on 10 psi, and the other supporting mods tuned with Hondata. The numbers seem about right to me and the dude tuning it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
duh i'm a ******* idiot....i read ls/vtec instead of ls/turbo
sorry man, 4hrs of sleep pwns me lol

and i see you're from c-bus...who tuned your car? i'm basically from cincinnati, blundell tuned mine
Old 04-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's cool man, **** happens. Corey at Slowmotion motorsports tuned it. I talked to Blundar about tuning my ride, cool guy, it just never happend. Yeah, I hope to do an LS/VTEC turbo in the next couple of months, I already have the head just need to get the cash to do the install, although lately I've been thinking about maybe just building the bottom end of my b18b, but that's only if I can get that done at the price I want. If not, I'll just have the vtec head put on and call it a day. I hope to be around 300-320 after the head swap and a couple more psi of boost.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rooftop voter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's cool man, **** happens. Corey at Slowmotion motorsports tuned it. I talked to Blundar about tuning my ride, cool guy, it just never happend. Yeah, I hope to do an LS/VTEC turbo in the next couple of months, I already have the head just need to get the cash to do the install, although lately I've been thinking about maybe just building the bottom end of my b18b, but that's only if I can get that done at the price I want. If not, I'll just have the vtec head put on and call it a day. I hope to be around 300-320 after the head swap and a couple more psi of boost.</TD></TR></TABLE>
ya i figured slowmotions tuned it...I should be going to that meet they're having coming up...I'll have a fully build 2.0"gsr" in my hatch in a couple months and I'm pretty sure i'll have blundar tune it again, he's awesome lol
If you use a vtec head, i have skunk2 valve train and gsr cams for sale. If you decide to go built ls-t, i have a badass ls head (fully ported and polished, deshrouded valves, polished cc's) for sale lol shoot me a pm if your interested.
random question, are you on csr?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's cool, I just bought a b16 head and dude said it had GSR cams already in it from his LS/vtec but we'll see. I wonder if slo mo can spec the cams or something to make sure that they really are GSR cams and that I didn't get suckerd. I would be interested in the Skunk 2 valve train though. Who build your motor, or did you do it yourself? I'm in an LS integra. Yeah, I think I'm gonna go to that meet too.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rooftop voter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...dude said it had GSR cams already in it from his LS/vtec but we'll see. I wonder if slo mo can spec the cams or something to make sure that they really are GSR cams and that I didn't get suckerd.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can check that yourself. Here's a good link that shows the differences:

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/temp/VtecCams.htm
Old 04-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2.5" dp and 3" catback (Sprockets)

hey, thanks man.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sprockets &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You can check that yourself. Here's a good link that shows the differences:

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/temp/VtecCams.htm</TD></TR></TABLE>
same thing i was gonna find
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rooftop voter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's cool, I just bought a b16 head and dude said it had GSR cams already in it from his LS/vtec but we'll see. I wonder if slo mo can spec the cams or something to make sure that they really are GSR cams and that I didn't get suckerd. I would be interested in the Skunk 2 valve train though. Who build your motor, or did you do it yourself? I'm in an LS integra. Yeah, I think I'm gonna go to that meet too.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ya send me a message if you want it. its dual valve springs and titanium retainers.
The engine isn't assembled yet, but i have a friend who is a master tech and is ASE certified, along with other certifications, who is going to assemble it for me. I also know someone who does headwork, i'm bringing my head to him in a few weeks for a full port and polish, deshrouded valves, polished combustion chambers, fresh valve jobs..etc..etc... he has great prices, if you're interested in that I can hook you up with him too
Old 04-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rooftop voter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey, thanks man.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No problem, glad I could help.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh...thanks for the answer...i appreciate it.