Notices

2.0 Liter LS/VTEC Turbo...need suggestions from Turbomafia and Boooost heads

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.0 Liter LS/VTEC Turbo...need suggestions from Turbomafia and Boooost heads

I considering doing a full project but have some issues that need to be worked out. First of all I am using an b18a block and being sleeved to Golden Eagle. but I need to bore it out to 84mm.....The only problem I think I might have would be the fact that there isn't really too much room between the cylinder walls and I am afraid of hotspots. I am takign as much info from different camps as possible.
Please keep in mind this is done by a PROFESSIONAL, including full built head, hondata,etc....Just need the opinion of some boooost heads.
Old 02-27-2002, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 2.0 Liter LS/VTEC Turbo...need suggestions from Turbomafia and Boooost heads (SOUNDEFFECTS)

When you resleeve your engine by golden eagle you have the luxury of going with a 84mm bore and still having plenty of strength left in the sleeves for boost. There would be no real reason that hotspots would occur on the combustion chambers as far as i know. If you get a cometic head gasket that matches the 84mm bore, and open up the combustion chambers on the head to 84mm there should be no problems. The only suggestion that i can make with that set-up is getting a block girdle from z-10, this will dramatically strengthen the bottom end of the engine, where the b18a/b blocks are the weakest. You should be able to make crazy power with minimal boost on your set-up. I remember seeing a dyno graph of a crvtec, which is essentially the same thing you are making, on 12lbs was making 350ish hp and 275ish tq. Pretty crazy IMO.
Old 02-27-2002, 02:55 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: 2.0 Liter LS/VTEC Turbo...need suggestions from Turbomafia and Boooost heads (SOUNDEFFECTS)

since when were there rich kids in WPB? Which professional in the area is gonna build it up for you?
Old 02-27-2002, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2.0 Liter LS/VTEC Turbo...need suggestions from Turbomafia and Boooost heads (falconGSR)

Falcongsr, you know West Palm Beach??? I think that is kind of funny, oh by the way I pay for the motor with bottle caps. No actually I have been saving money for this build up for a while now. About who is building the motor I am not sure yet but I have a few good people in mind, its a reallt big city you know,lol
Old 02-27-2002, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can actually go to 84.5mm and still be warrantied for 90 days by Golden Eagle. The CRVtec turbo dyno graph is up @ hondata.com

Ben
Old 02-27-2002, 06:30 PM
i 4

what good people do you have in mind???
Old 02-28-2002, 07:01 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

Falcongsr, you know West Palm Beach
yeah unfortnately. let me know who you're considering to build your motor. i'll tell you if i know them and if they're PROFESSIONAL or not.

Old 02-28-2002, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2.0 Liter LS/VTEC Turbo...need suggestions from Turbomafia and Boooost heads (falconGSR)

There aren't any places around West Palm that I would trust. Which is why I do all my own work. I can assemble the engine for you and install it in the car at a very fair price compared to what most shops charge....email me
Old 02-28-2002, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well about putting the motor together and what not....thats not really a concern at the moment as in how safe the block will be at this bore and stroke as a street motor with the parts I know it needs. I guess you could say I am looking for someone that has had experience with a large bore and boosting it. Oh by the way anyone looking for a b16a2 bottom??? What about an LS head??? come one now there are gathering some serious dust