Notices

1st driving impressions after getting new internals

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st driving impressions after getting new internals

I'm just about done with my engine build and I went with CP 9:1 pistons and was wondering what you first thought when getting your car back.

Was the drop in compression noticable off boost?? In boost ??

Some people say that you need to modify your launch technique but never seem to say why. Any thoughts on this ??

Just curious..
Old 04-21-2004, 07:25 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 1st driving impressions after getting new internals (brkrnu)

on the first engine build i did.. i went 9:1 pistions and noticed a decrease in power because i was still NA.. after the turbo install it was a lot nicer..
Old 04-21-2004, 07:45 AM

Default Re: 1st driving impressions after getting new internals (Boostfedb18c1)

Explain how it was nicer.

I know it's all opinion but I'm trying to see how you think the car drove if any different with the low compression pistons.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:23 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brkrnu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Explain how it was nicer.

I know it's all opinion but I'm trying to see how you think the car drove if any different with the low compression pistons.</TD></TR></TABLE>

9:1 n/a vs. 9:1 with boost..i dont think theres much explanation needed into how it was nicer
Old 04-21-2004, 09:34 AM

Default Re: 1st driving impressions after getting new internals (gritsak)

I'm not necessarily talking about the power under boost. I'm talking about the responsiveness of the engine and your impressions once making the switch from the stock 10.6:1 pistons to the lower 9:1 comp pistons. I boosted for 6 months with the stock pistons so I know what that feels like but when making this switch people talk about the 9:1 pistons not having as much power.

Many people talk about there being a difference in feel and I am trying to find out what they mean by that statement. I will find out soon enough but I thought some of you here might have some thoughts.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would imagine that you would have alot less power out of boost and would have to turn the boost up higher to make the same amount of power as you would with the higher compression.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:06 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brkrnu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm just about done with my engine build and I went with CP 9:1 pistons and was wondering what you first thought when getting your car back.

Was the drop in compression noticable off boost?? In boost ??

Some people say that you need to modify your launch technique but never seem to say why. Any thoughts on this ??

Just curious..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would also like to know. I have the same pistons in my new block which has yet to be installed. Keep the feedback coming.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 1st driving impressions after getting new internals (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would imagine that you would have alot less power out of boost and would have to turn the boost up higher to make the same amount of power as you would with the higher compression.</TD></TR></TABLE>

correct.. the car was a little slower but i only drive it w/ the 9:1 pistons for the breakin period, then started to boost.. and that fact is also true above but its SAFER to boost on a lower compression motor..
Old 04-21-2004, 10:47 AM

Default Re: 1st driving impressions after getting new internals (Boostfedb18c1)

Can anyone quantify the amount of horsepower gained or lost by adding or subracting a point of compression ??

We all agree that using the 9:1 pistons will have less power but how much, especially out of boost.

I will know the answer by Friday but I thought I would ask to just see what you guys have experienced.